The old author like ceased to work on it so I delved into the code one day and fixed a chunk of it. I am currently still working on it but could use help.
It currently runs but does not block the chat like it should I believe to be because of the spam checking code. Any developers interested in helping me let me know or just work on it and I will allow uploads to fix it.
It is a good addon to have fixed since you can block those nasty spammers and especially the level 1 characters that attempt the same thing.
Credit for the Addon goes to the delevopers at wowace.com for the libs and Anea for the addon.
This addon stops goldspam messages from showing in your chatframes. To detect spam, SpamSentry uses sophistacted heuristics that have been developed over the course of over two years. Caught spammers can easily be reported using an intuitive one-click report system. SpamSentry features an LDB plugin that provides some simple status info, and gives you quick access to the options and the reporting window.
* Unzip the file into your 'Interface/Addons' folder.
* Detects multi-message spam
* Customisable notification
* LibDataBroker (LDB) support (FuBar users can download Broker2FuBar to show the SpamSentry icon)
* Compatible with Whisp, Chatter and Wim
* Seperate reportlists are maintained for each realm you play on
* And many more
* Left click the LDB icon to show a list of blocked messages
* Type /sentry or right-click the icon for options
How to help:
* If a spam-message isn't recognised:
1. Report the spammer by right-clicking the name in the chat window and selecting "Report Spam"
2. Control-click the SpamSentry icon
3. Send me a PM with the code sequence
* If you encounter a false positive:
1. Click the message in SpamSentry main-window
2. Send me a PM containing that message
* All code has been designed to minimize parsing-time, and maximize performance for raiding.
* The addon currently uses about 150kB memory (Patch 3.0 GetAddOnMemoryUsage(), no libraries).
* Toggle the statistics option in the configuration screen to show session statistics in the tooltip.