Very simple addon that reduces loot spam by replacing how messages are shown with a more minimalistic fashion.
Filters - You can hide reputation, loot, honor, experience, money and currency+archaeology messages. You can hide all junk loot, or you can specify a minimum item quality that you or your party has to loot in order to show it, meaning you can hide all items that are common or lower, that your party loots, but show all items that you loot, and vice versa.
Roll - You can hide roll decisions, or specifically hide roll decisions only in LFR. You can also do this with the roll summary and even force the items that are rolled for to be shown as icons or plain text.
Timer - You can modify and specify the delays, how long the addon waits for looting to end, after combat ends, e.g. There is more information on this in-game.
Extra - One button click creates a loot frame (old school, you can keep it around in case you really need to check the normal log). Mouseover links show the tooltip without having to click. Show amount of items in your bags in addition to the looted item (ideal for farming). Color names by class.
So what really is this about?
You can specify where the messages are shown, what messages are ignored and completely hidden, you can show/hide roll decisions and summary, you can hide all gray items from showing at all, and you can tweak the throttle settings. In addition all quest starting items will have a distinct red border in the chat, so it's easy to see those quest items when leveling, especially if auto-loot is on and you don't pay attention!
Is there a catch?
Yes, unfortunately chances are that other languages are not working since I only play on the English client. There has been problems with Russian locale and I had to in addition to using global variables to handle extracting data from the loot messages, I had to swap positions of item names and player names.
The key point here is that if there are errors I do advice you do post these errors and your client language so I can try to work things out with your help.
I've personally tested the addon on enUS, enGB, ruRU, deDE locales. The rest are uncertain, probably works but some features may not -in any case you are aware of this small fact.
- Removed duplication of traded items if trade looting is enabled.
- Hotfix the enUS locale. Forgot to add the new option strings - silly me!
- Added a option to allow all crafting to halt the report until crafting ends. You can find this under the timer options.
- TOC bump to 5.4 (50400)
- Fixed duplicity issue with mailbox item looting.
- Fixed issue with bonus currency being ignored, as in patch 5.3 they added a new global named CURRENCY_GAINED_MULTIPLE_BONUS.
- Pet Battle (module): Added Crit/Strong/Weak flags to Damage/Healing messages. Also fixed issue when a pet levels, the wrong message was used at the end of the combat, thus ignoring the level up event from earlier. The right message will now be used and will indicate what pet has leveled to what level.
- Trying to fix currency icon issue.
- TOC bumped to patch 5.2 (50200)
- Added new Archaeology fragment (currency)
- Fixed green texture issue by correctly updating the internal currency cache for archaeology when appropriate, silly me had a typo making sure the fragment data never got cached, not sure when I did it but in any case this has been fixed this version.
- Keep me posted on new issues with 5.2 - thank you!
- Hotfixed issue with ruRU client getting "core.lua:275 attempt to index local "name" (a nil value)" error, legacy code will be removed at some point but until then at least it won't error.
- Working on fixing a tiny issue with rolls, some rolls will show "[item]: " and nothing more, this is hopefully fixed with this or the next commit.
- Added missing reputation message format, one involving a bonus variable was previously not parsed.
- Improved mailbox loot messages, if you try to loot a unique item it will not fail and display a chat message as if you looted it. This happens only if you already own the unique item and you get another one in mail, with each click you would "loot" it according to the addon, so fixed this tiny bug.
- Changed how chat messages are parsed, hopefully this will be a huge improvement over the past method. In case of issues, I suspect there will be some issues, simply post the error and feedback so I can correct it. This change should primarily be a huge improvement for non-English locale clients.
- Patch 5.1 TOC update along with some small fixes from earlier.
- Fixed an issue with battle pet links and pet cages.
- Fixed an issue with Honor gain, it would error and break any further reporting from being possible.
- The extra "Pet Battle" feature should be locale independent, there are still some issues I have to address, and probably some bugs I haven't yet encountered, but I am releasing it for public beta testing as of this revision. Keep me posted on issues you may encounter.
- Fixed issue with archaeology and battle pet messages.
- Further optimizing the item quantity message issue that results in a silent failure and error message. This is a temporary measure until I change how messages are matched. The issue is caused by items with "x" in the name and the patterns will assume what follows is the quanity number (but it's not) and therefore this error occurs, but it shouldn't with the hack in place.
- Fixed issue with looting items containing "x" at the end of the item name, apparently I forgot to handle rolled items so this patch handles avoiding getting the built-in error in the chat from MiniLoot.
- Fixed issue that prevented you from specifying other frames than ChatFrame1 as output frame.
- Fixed an issue with class colors not being properly shown with the extra option enabled.
- Changed default party threshold to none, it is by default disabled anyway.
- Adding more escape code in case of errors, I'd appreciate if you could report such to me as soon as they occur with any other helpful information you can think of. For instance what you were doing helps me get a sense of context.
- Major overhaul, new framework, new addon structure, more bugs to be fixed!
- The extra "Pet Battles" option still only works for English clients, gonna work on that for next update.
- Fixed issue with trading, if the person canceled a trade while having items offered, the log would show as if the items got traded.
- Changed how tooltips are shown, it was annoying having to account for tooltip width and having to split up the paragraphs manually, the new way makes it automatically wrap text instead, this helps translating quite a lot as content is what matters and not how it appears.
- Added exception for EasyMail.
+ Fixed issue with not printing the name of players that looted an item. For example this would occur when rolls finish and last name is Bob, then Bob looted the item but Bob wouldn't be printed, it would simply show an item icon and link but that's it. In any case this should now be corrected.
+ Fixed a small issue with pet battles, not handling the experience and level messages. Those changed since the beta implementation. And no the system is not fully finished just yet.
+ Added guild experience in addition to player experience, some people might be interested in this information.
+ Created a proper order of what comes first when printing messages: XP, GXP, REP, HONOR, MONEY, CURRENCY, ITEMS. So far this looks visually pleasing, better than it being random.
+ Fixed group roll issue, it should work like before.
+ Fixed trade loot issue, items traded should properly be displayed. * Keep me updated in case group rolls or trade loot issues persist.
+ Added trade loot option under Extra, it will show you how much money and what items you receive by showing them as loot events. This is highly experimental and may not always perform properly, this is due to how the system is designed, the results are more accurate if you don't do too much at once, it may be unstable and show errors otherwise. If anything please do report issues with as much details as you can, thank you.
+ Fixed a silly mistake, caused errors with saving and reading the settings.
+ Made labels in the settings dialog wider and added underline to help guide you to their options.
+ Added mailbox loot option under Extra to show items and money received from your mailbox. This feature may be removed if Blizzard re-introduces loot messages when looting the mailbox, so far this is an experimental feature and may be a temporary one. * I may add trading loot (like mailbox loot) if I can find someone to trade with back and forth and see what events fire at when.
+ Fixed issues with parsing roll messages, the loot has new syntax that had to be updated. Russian may have broken because of this, report if there are issues.
+ New localization system, using curseforge to translate. If you like to help, click here.
+ Fixed an issue with addon settings not properly resetting to default (when using the interface reset feature).
+ Added implementation of Pet Battles, it's located in the extras.
+ Added tooltip support for pet abilities.
+ Changing the way updates are named, dropping the letters and adding digits instead.
+ Note that item rolling changed heavily, I suspect MiniLoot won't have to deal with rolls soon because there is a built in frame for rolls now -kind of a relief. ;)
+ Updated for MoP, mostly TOC bump update.
+ Added filtering options for the Raid Finder. You can specifically hide roll decisions, and/or roll summary. The options can be found under "Rolls".
+ If there are bonus rolls, then only those in the bonus roll range will be shown (i.e. 101-200). The player is always shown no mater, so you can see how well/bad you rolled.
+ TOC bump to 4.3 and minor fix when it comes to parsing rolls with the new role bonus; names with roll bonuses no longer have the " + Role Bonus" as part of their name, instead it is indicated simply with a "+" at the end, like "Vladinator+" means I rolled with a role bonus.
+ Fixed problem with Russian client handling of loot messages, should now properly parse like it should and did back in ~1.5. I messed up some index orders but should all be corrected now.
+ Finally fixed the issue where creating a "Loot" window would also print nearby player herbing, mining, e.g. It should now be properly removed, but can always be manually added by editing the chat tab settings, under "Other".
+ Added from the new "Need Roll - %d for %s by %s + Role Bonus" string from the 4.3 PTR for testing, haven't gotten to do it myself but it should in theory work. I will have to take a look after this weekend.
+ New milestone reached, hurray! Like always, if there are bugs, please report so I can correct them -thanks! If you have ideas, share them, I have added several features as extras because of people that have asked nicely. ;)
+ Fixed bug where some currencies would not show a tooltip or be linkable, but now you can view all currency tooltips and link them from the chat icons (open chat, shift+click the icon, like usual).
+ Fixed several minor things, nothing worth mentioning. (The truth is I don't remember other highlights, dum dum dum!)
+ Lootcount now also affects currencies (and archaeology).
+ Fixed leftover bug where "You" was used instead of the player name. I fixed the item related bug, but the money bug remained until this patch -I can finally assume German locale works now. As soon as someone agrees I will name the next version 1.6 instead of 1.5t considering all the new extra features and fixes, feels like a milestone. ;)
+ Currency icons have dark green border like the Blizzard links, can also be clicked and hovered with the hover extra enabled. Not yet implemented: linking currencies, for now it won't work if you try to link it directly from the chat icon by shift+click -this will be fixed in later version of MiniLoot, or if people raise up and demand justice...
+ Added class coloring to remaining missing names, that means even rolls and decisions related names.
+ List of rolls and what everyone rolled, come before the rest of the normally looted items. Before it as a bit more random what came first, so this means it's now alphabetical! (Rolls are still within sorted from greatest roll to the lowest).
+ Fixed bug where "You" was parsed like a name, it is now corrected by reorganizing the parser priority of matcher strings -that sounds professional and advanced but really, I bet it's not even called matcher strings to begin with... anyway, "You" is now fixed and properly puts your name in it's place like it did some patches earlier (pre 1.5p I reckon).
+ Fixed issue with Need/Greed/Pass/Disenchant not being translated on other locales.
+ Added the ability to color names by classes, option can be found under Extras. Players not in the group at the time of the report will have their names in default yellow text, like the rest of the message. This may change in the future, to always color the name, no mater if the person has left.
+ Added German translations by Tonyleila. Once proven to be working like it should, I will push the addon to version 1.6. We do that to celebrate the parsing fix, and our new (working) extra feature: lootcount!
+ Hotfixed fatal flaw with lootcount, it will now properly handle counting and displaying player inventory vs. other player loots. It will look like this screenshot when you have the feature turned on.
+ Under Extra you can now toggle lootcount on/off. By default it's off, but for those that want to see total number of items they own (character only) they can turn this on. Ideal when gathering an item and you know you need X of it!
+ Fixed minor bug that caused errors when we disenchanted items. Bug originated at patch 4.2 I believe, did not notice until now.
+ TOC bump to 4.2
+ Filtering threshold properly shows the rarity colors in options.
+ Currencies show proper tooltips and icons. Blizzard implemented currency tooltips but I won't use them just yet, have patience.
+ Weird tooltip icons are no longer shown.
+ Currencies now have a tooltip, it's work in progress -you will probably see a new update on this aspect for 4.2 at some point, I guess there will be new currencies to work with by then.
+ Properly added the translations by SilentWorld to Chinese simplified and traditional, thanks again and sorry for me messing up a bit earlier today when releasing 1.5i.
+ Added Chinese translation by SilentWorld and using global variable for font path instead of using the one we use in Europe -this way it's more international language friendly.
+ Minor code changes, nothing worth mentioning really.
+ Using some words like Honor, XP, Reputation, e.g. from the locale (no need to translate those anymore!)
+ Having mouseover links enabled, then using the "reset addon setting to default" button in the options, will now properly unhook the mouseover links and won't require you to toggle it manually on and off or reload the UI.
+ Added the ability to replace item links with icons for rolls. Hence if you like to see icons instead of the full item text, you can. This will work for all roll related messages (decisions and summary).
+ Minor attempts to still fix ruRU client parsing and so far it still seems promising, no confirmation but I think it will work now!
+ Second attempt to fix ruRU clients to handle item roll parsing.
+ Removed the cogwheel on strings from other locales that have not been translated.
+ Attempting to correct ruRU client issues with parsing loot strings.
+ Added zhTW localization by BNS.
+ Added the option to hide own loot, just like hiding party loot for items below the quality threshold. It's under the "Filter" category.
+ Added zhTW localization by BNS. This is experimental, please tell me if the text does not show up properly. This may be caused by me not using the right file encoding, it's at the moment set to UTF-8 but I may have to change that.
+ Added the option to show/hide tooltip icons, works for items, spells, glyphs (hack) and achievements.
+ Hotfixed issues with the interface, it should no longer cause GoblinVendorFilter to error. (Note to author, you shouldn't call the update func when the interface is shown before the addon code has fully loaded /wink-wink-nudge-nudge! ^^)
+ Added tooltip modifications and border coloring, do tell if there are visual problems with this if you use a custom tooltip addon, thanks!
+ Like before this is again experimental and may be unstable since I've done major changes to some of the code. I've tested and have not received errors but in case you do please report them so I can fix it, thanks!
+ Updated the config UI again, it's a bit more easy to find and with the tooltips there should be enough information about each option.
+ Added a new feature that enables mouseover links, so you don't have to click them to show what item it is. This is still in the early stages so I have not properly configured it, for now it shows all sort of links on a tooltip. You can specify if you like to anchor it to the mouse or above the chat (more anchors to come I figure).
+ When roll summary is printed, if someone needs then greed/dissenchant rolls are not shown to save some space. If no one needs then both greed and dissenchant are shown.
+ Rolls are now sorted from high>low properly, so it's easy to see who won (first name right after the item link).
+ Fixed sleep timer problem where it waited too long after events/combat ends, now it's properly working like it did before!
+ Added ninja-update after the 1.4d was published, was a minor thing I had to fix with the timers.
+ Fixed Archaeology currencies and they are now also shown with icons.
+ You can ignore combat and output the message even while in combat by setting the "wait after combat ends" to -1. Setting the "loot events delay" to 0 will make the addon act like the default Blizzard messages, show instantly (1 line = 1 message) but using the MiniLoot formatting.
+ Will now stack items based on the item id (not the item link), this means all items with the same item id will be shown with one icon and the number counter will count up how many items were looted. Keep in mind that this means if you loot two items that are "of the X" and are the same item it will show it stacked as 2 and not as two unique items (even if one is "of the Boar" and other is "of the Soldier").
+ Less playername duplication than before, this should reduce the message length by a bit in larger groups.
+ Minor code optimization, not much you need to know.
+ NB: 1.3 is stable, using 1.4 means you are aware that there may be issues and hopefully you can/will report them in the comment section. Thanks! ;)
+ Removed slash commands and the old config dialog.
+ Added new config UI located under ESC -> Interface -> AddOns -> MiniLoot
+ Added localization support. (Noticed that a Chinese site had copied and translated the old version so figured I could make it a tad easier translating as well!)
+ Better variable detection to avoid errors -also a bunch of structure changes that don't really have to be mentioned in the change log.
+ Fixed minor typos.
+ Added the ability to hide party loot and show only specific items above a certain quality. GUI options added for this new setting, use "/miniloot cfg" to check it out.
+ Fixed the configuration GUI issues and problems occurring when installing the new version, the addon will now upgrade to the new saved variables structure without errors.
+ Fixed bool() true/false issues with 0/1 values, no longer a problem and will act properly.
+ Fixed bug where if you do not wish to see roll decisions the addon bugged and printed each decision as a loot message -it was pure chaos!
+ Created a configuration GUI, use "/miniloot cfg" to show it.
+ Quest starting items are colored with a red border, easy to spot.
+ Quest items are now colored with the golden heirloom color (instead of item quality).
+ You can hide vendor junk (gray items), yay!
+ Added slash command "/miniloot" for configuring the addon
+ Added the ability to create a "Loot" chat window, for those that wish to have the ability to read the combat events in detail, check the slash command for details.
+ Crafted items should properly be registered. (This should fix Namtab's bug.)
+ You can specify where to output loot messages.
+ You can specify font size that the icons will use, setting this to 0 will use the built in function that picks what it thinks suits the chat.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com