This addon mutes the annoying sounds of WoW. This addon is not a standard addon, please see installation instructions below.
Warlords6.0.2-b mutes 5468 sounds.
Updating from Mists to Warlords
If you are updating from Mists to Warlords (5.4 to 6.0), completely delete the old Sound folder aswell as the Cache folder. This AddOn no longer installs to World of Warcraft>Data, instead install it directly to your World of Warcraft folder.
If you'd like to make a request please create a ticket here.
Include as much detail as possible and be specific. If it's a class spell sound, try find a video where the sound can be heard, include the time in your post.
If you are requesting a creature or mount please include its name.
Please do not post requests in the comment section as it will likely be missed!
Basic List: Please note this isn't a complete list, it's a small sample to give an idea of whats been muted.
- Players: All race combat grunts as well as emote sounds like train and worgen sniffs. All footsteps.
- Classes: Select sounds like Path of Frost, Fan of Kives, mage armors & portals, hunter pet calls, shaman shields and spell cast fizzles.
- Mechanical Mounts: Choppers, Flying Machines, Goblin Trikes, Mechastriders and Rockets.
- Biological Mounts: Summon roars, mount special, idle and footstep sounds for most mounts. Dismount sound also included.
- Battle Pets: Idle sounds like Lil'XT, Lil'Ragnaros, Singing Sunflower and Thor.
- Hunter/Mage/Warlock Pets: Creature combat sounds, footsteps, flying and idle sounds. Mage elemental loops also included.
- Voice Acting: World bosses, Rhonin & Kalecgos city speech and Headless Horseman speech.
- Toys: Piccolo of the Flaming Fire, Train Sets and Brewfest Mole Machine.
- Daily Hubs: Isle of Thunder, Isle of Quel'Danas and Tol'Barad.
- Misc: City clock sounds, ethereal vendor hubs, waterfalls, rivers, beaches, fires and fireworks.
- Battlegrounds: Victory/Defeat, Alert and Herald sounds.
- Instances: Select boss speech and combat sounds, loops sounds like the beating heart from SoO. All instance portals.
- Creatures: Kovok, Elemental loops and deaths.
- Tradeskills: Alchemy, Leatherworking, Engineering, Blacksmithing, Tailoring and Jewelcrafting sounds.
Extract the "Sound" folder to your World of Warcraft folder.
To uninstall simply delete the Sound folder.
To unmute specific sounds delete the corresponding sound file, if you have trouble finding a specific sound create a ticket and I'll help you find it.
- Added Hunter Disengage sounds.
- Added Rogue Sinister Strike sounds.
- Added Warlock/Mage Pyroblast!/Hotstreak sounds.
- Fixed Heart of the Aspects mount sounds.
- Added Additional Pandaren Phoenix sounds.
- Added Additional Warforged Nightmare sounds.
- Added Paladin Speed of Light sounds.
- Added Druid Rejuvenation and Wild Mushroom sounds.
- Added Priest Power Word: Shield and Levitate sounds.
- Added Shaman Lavaburst sounds.
- Added Hunter Cobra Shot sounds.
- Added Warlock Doomlord Pet sounds.
- Added new footstep sounds. If you've been hearing footsteps since 6.0, this will fix it.
- Added new Motorcyle mounts sounds.
- Added Frost cast sounds.
- Added all player grunts.
- Added electrical noises in Shrine of Seven Stars Auction House area.
- Added Nalak voice acting.
- Added Chief Salyin voice acting.
- Added Warforged Nightmare Mount sounds.
- Added Water Elemental non-combat pet loops.
- Pandarian Pots, fires, waterfalls, torches have been silenced. Pandaland is a much quieter place.
- The auction houses in the shrines have been silenced, except for Lil Canny in the alliance shrine. Still looking for his sounds.
- Way too many to list here.
- Fixed Quilen Mount sounds.
- Added Kunchong creature sounds. (Kovok from Dread Wastes and the rest of his kind).
- Added Goblin combat grunts.
- Added Death Knight ghoul pet sounds.
- Added Additional Death Knight spell sounds.
- Added Kalecgos city wide voice acting.
- Added Rhonin city wide voice acting
- Added Paladin Hammer of the Righteous sounds.
- Added Cooking sounds.
- Added Quilen Mount sounds.
- Added Quilen Pet sounds.
- Added Onyx Panther Mount sounds.
- Added Additional misc sounds.
- Added ToC crowd cheers.
- Added Basilik and Crocolisk creature sounds.
- Added spider idle sounds.
- Added Human, Draenei and Blood Elf combat grunts.
- Added Hunter aspect cast sounds.
- Added Bow sounds.
- Added Death Knight Death and Decay sounds.
- Added additional random looping/ambience sounds.
- Fixed goblin weather machine mutes.
- Added Diablo Shaman Fetish pet sounds.
- Added player footstep sounds.
- Added all foley sounds (armor sounds when you walk).
- Added Spider walking sounds.
- Added Basilisk and Crocalisk creature sounds.
- Added Loque'nahak creature sounds.
- Added pebbles loop sounds (I think, if you still hear it let me know).
- Added additional firehawk mount sounds.
- Added additional spell cast sounds (including hunter aspects).
- Added additional ambient sounds (torches, campfires, goblin/gnome machinery & draenei technology hums).
- Added the new shadow spell sounds added in 4.3.
- Added additional warlock sounds.
- Added whirlwind sounds.
- Added rocket missile sounds.
- Some of the Tyraels Charger sounds were missed, should now be completely muted.
- Added Succubus idle sounds.
- Fixed the Deathy Firebreath and burping sounds.
- Added Player Character roar emote sounds.
- Added Fire Elemental aggro and death sounds. #These sounds are spammed in the new firelands hub.
- Added Fire Revenant aggro and death sounds. #These sounds are spammed in the new firelands hub.
- Replaced the doodads folder with the older files as it was having the same issues as the emitter folders in 1.10.
- Added the Goblin Weather Machine sounds.
- Added Worgen combat snarls.
- Added Worgens "Running Wild" growl sound.
- Added "Grunty" companion pet sounds.
- Added Devilsaur creature sounds.
- Added the city wide midsummer buff sound.
- Added Raptor creature & mount sounds.
- Added Proto-Drake and Stone Dragon mount roars.
- Added Winged Guardian loop sounds.
- The emitters folder was causing weird problems when using the smaller size sound files. If you moved around near a sound that had been muted it would mute all other sounds. I have replaced it them with the larger files again.
- Added sound files that I missed when converting to small sizes.
- Greatly reduced addon size (so small windows rounds to 0 bytes!)
- Added Midsummer Firebreath sounds
- Added Mining sounds
- Added Midsummer Fire Festival zone wide bonfire buff sounds.
- Added Female dwarf death sounds.
- Added "Pandaren Monk" companion pet sounds.
- Added Paladins judgements of the pure spell sound.
- Added Rogue poison affliction spell sounds.
- Added Worgen form train noises.
- Added Worgen Human form train noises.
- Added "Deathy" Companion Pet idle sounds.
- Added Frog Companion Pet movement croaks.
- Fixed Battleground Sounds
- Added Hydra Pet Idle sounds.
- Added Druid Flight Form cast sound.
- Added Additional Gryphon sounds.
- Added Mage Frost Armor sound.
- Added Warlock Fel Armor sound.
- Added Enchanting/Jewelcrafting crafting "ding" sounds.
- Added "Lil' Ragnaros" Companion Pet loop sounds.
- Added "Singing Sunflower" Companion Pet movement sounds.
- Added Tol Barad Searchlight loops.
- Added Stormwind dock bells.
- Added Death Knight Frost & Blood Presence sounds.
- Added Death Knight Bloodboil sound.
- Added Jewelcrafting crafting sounds.
- Added Flying vehicle gearshifts.
- Added Gryphon mount up roars.
- Added Wyvern mount up roars.
- Added MechaStrider mount footsteps.
- Added Winged Guardian mount sounds.
- Added Quest complete & accept sounds.
- Added "Perky Pug" companion pet sounds.
- Added Crowd scream sounds (when new deathknights walk through the cities)
- Added Wolf idle howl sounds.
- Fixed Elekk sounds.
- Added Wrath & Burning Crusade Drake mount up sounds.
- Added Flying carpet mount sounds.
- Added Orgrimmar Brazier sounds.
- Added Blacksmithing crafting sounds.
- Added Blacksmith bellow sounds.
- Added "Enchanted Broom" companion pet sounds.
- Added Rocket mount summon sounds.
- Added "Singing Sunflower" companion pet sounds.
- Organized sound list file.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com