This addon allows you to create macros beyond the 255-character limit, and even beyond the 1023-character macrotext limit. However, no individual line in a macro may be more than 1023 characters long (you will get a warning). The number of lines is unlimited. Super Duper Macro also allows you to share macros with your friends in-game.
This mod allows you to make two types of macros:
Button macros are just like regular macros, but they can be as long as you want. You cannot make an unlimited number of them; they share a limit with your regular macros (36 global and 36 character-specific for each character).
Floating macros do not have buttons, and are accessed by /click. You can make as many of these as you want.
You can also make lua scripts of unlimited length that you can call using "/sdm run <name>" or via sdm_RunScript("name")
Features yet to be implemented:
Allow the user to create folders and subfolders to store macros
Implement a way to pull-out macros during combat
Add ChatThrottleLib to make macro sharing faster
Remove the dependence upon the default macros, thereby removing the limit on the number of button macros
If you find this addon useful, I encourage you to consider contributing to its development via PayPal by clicking this link. You will be showing your appreciation for the time I've spent getting this addon to the point it's at now, and you will also make it possible for me to continue to set aside time to make it even better. (The more money I have for my tuition, the more time I can afford to spend here.)
Suggestions and bug reports are always welcome. You can post comments on the wowinterface.com page for this addon, or if you want to add something yourself, you can upload it in the "Optional Files" tab.
Special thanks to:
SuperMacro, which inspired the idea for this addon.
Behaviors, from which I shamelessly copied many UI elements.
All the regulars on the UI & Macro forums, who have been guiding me through this process.
the one who deserves the real credit for this mod is hypehuman, not me. I just put in some MINOR fixes.
06-24-2011 10:07 AM
*removed the .DS_Store mac data file
*made a copy of the "sdm Readme.txt" text file (named "sdm Readme 2.txt") that notepad could show in a human-readable format. line breaks weren't working in notepad in the original for some reason.
*edited the "SuperDuperMacro.toc" file, was having the same line break problem as "sdm Readme.txt".
05-13-2011 09:42 AM
first posting of this fan update.