Okay guys I finally got my druid to 90, here you go! Be warned, choosing Dream of Cenarius as cat comes with some mind blowing playstyle changes.
Version 4.1 is based on Druid_Feral_T14N.simc, SimulationCraft revision 14343 (Sep 22, 2012).
Claw Resources has a separate command from Claw, it is /cres - not /claw!
(commands are separate incase people want to lock or scale one but not the other, or want to run just Claw Resources or just Claw)
Claw is an addon for cat and bear druids that simplifies gameplay and maximizes DPS by doing all the decision making for you.
Unlike most other addons, Claw uses an advanced priority list developed by the people over at the SimulationCraft project and improved by myself for ease of use in actual gameplay.
It will calculate what ability would give you the highest DPS (and TPS) during the current combat situation.
The addon is comprised of three icons, left to right they are:
The Previously Used Ability icon - Displays the last correct ability you used (to show you that you actually used it before the icon changed, can be disabled)
The Best Choice Ability icon - Displays the best ability to use for maximum DPS during the current combat situation
The Cooldown Ability icon - Displays when you should use an ability that is off the global cooldown or has a long cooldown (can be disabled)
Other features of Claw includes:
Glowing Ability Buttons - Your ability buttons glow when they become the best choice ability
Know When You Miss - A red border will appear on the previously used icon when your attack misses or gets parried or dodged
Moveable, Lockable, and Scalable - Each icon can separately be moved to wherever you like on the screen, then locked or scaled to any size
Resource Bars AddOn - No dependencies! Must be enabled within the AddOns menu on the character selection screen
Slash command for Claw user configurable options: /claw
Claw Resources is an included optional addon also for cat and bear druids (will also work for rogues!) that displays vital information such as your combo points or lacerate stacks (no longer vital), energy or rage, and global cooldown in a simple and elegant fashion. It will also play sounds when you reach a specified amount of combo points (default is 5). The sound files are random quotes from Devil May Cry, half are Dante, half are Vergil. I don't even play that game but my guild leader is obsessed with them and uses my addons so there you have it - her idea. I liked it.
Slash command for Claw Resources user configurable options: /cres and /clawres
Why is it called Claw?
It just seemed cool at the time and wasn't taken by any other addon, it's easy to remember as well. Then again, it's one ability you won't ever see again... R.I.P. Claw ability
Where is it? I don't see it!
Both addons hide themselves when you aren't targetting something you're able to attack. Try selecting a training dummy to move it around and such.
Keep in mind that cat priorities will not show up unless you are in feral specialization, and bear priorities will not show up unless you are in guardian specialization.
It's showing up in other specs, I don't want it to!
It should be hidden in restoration and balance specialization, if you don't want to see it in bear use /claw bear off. Don't want it in cat? /claw cat off
Is there a way to turn the rotation helper off? I only want the energy/combo point bars.
As stated above, the resource addon is standalone (no dependencies). Just disable Claw on the addons screen and keep Claw Resources on.
Why does it take up so much RAM?
What are you talking about? It only takes up like 120 KB at max!
Can I get this addon for other classes?
If I ever play other classes I'm sure there will be addons for them too, haaa.
Not so F.A.Q.
How can I donate to this amazingly useful addon that completely changed my life?
Click one of the buttons on the donate tab of this addon page! (the green one takes 3% off)
- Slight priority list adjustments related to rewriting Rake/Rip, Rake should now be rewritten less and more properly
- Updated spell ID of Thrash for patch 5.1
- Rather than create some fake multiplier, how about we calculate the average tick damage of Rip/Rake instead!
- Added an energy based use rule to Healing Touch so that it can recommend it earlier if you're waiting on energy
- Modifications to Claw Resources that make no difference because I commented them out (I tried to level a warlock lol)
- Rather than look for Virmen's Bite before refreshing Rip for higher damage multiplier, incorporate Virmen's Bite as a 15% damage increase instead
- Added function to determine damage multiplier for better accuracy on refreshing rake or rip
- Fixed bug where FB was recommended with no combo points
- Many many changes to support level 90 at 5.0.5, plus some bug fixes
- Massive rewrite of cat section
- Manual cooldown management should now be...more manual (oopsies)
- Added front command
- Made it so bossonly works the same as disabling cooldown frame, but only for non-bosses
- Enabled Feral Spirit
- Fixed bug where Rip on target was not checked for before Ferocious Bite
- Disabled combo points when not in cat form for Claw Resources
- Fixed GCD bar for druids above level 6 (requirement for Mangle) and above level 3 (rogue) and 24 (paladin)
- Possible other bug fixes
- Fixed bug where Berserk was not detected in cat form (different spellId from bear)
- Commented out all level 90 related code to improve performance for the meantime
- Slightly adjusted priority list so that 5 cp FB beats Shred during Omen of Clarity
- Removed FB at <1s TTD from top of priority list (it was driving me nuts in 5 man dungeons)
- TOC updated to 50001
- Rewrote a lot of the code, removed unnecessary variables, synchronized some of the code base with my other class addons
- Priority list for cat has been completely rewritten from scratch using the latest Simulationcraft SVN 13919 profiles
- Priority list for bear has been rewritten as well, however from a theorized single target maximum TPS profile created by myself (hopefully reliable!)
- This is an alpha release (kekeke can that be an oxymoron?) so there is no support for the level 90 talents yet, but others work!
- It should be completely stable, it's not much to worry about :)
- Added option to turn off Faerie Fire on non-boss mobs
- Added holy power and mana support to Claw Resources (because I started playing a paladin!)
- Added proper full T13 4pc support which is somewhat different to Mew/Simulationcraft's default way of doing it but I get better DPS out of my way (in Simulationcraft too!)
- This also means I finally managed to get 4 piece to test it, haha! Grats me!
- Added bear priorities back in
- Added another icon for off-GCD abilities so that you know to press 2 abilities at once (or close to)
- Claw Resources now supports bear as well!
- Rewrote the glow system to be much less memory intensive and slightly more CPU intensive, and no longer buggy but may not support Bartender fully at the moment...
- Some performance enhancements (both addons together shouldn't pass 80 KB of RAM in combat)
- Update TOC for 4.3
- Added command to disable previous ability icon
- Implemented detection for T13 2pc (and hopefully 4pc as well, but I can't test that just yet!)
- Adjusted minor calculations in priority list to slightly improve dps based on deeper SimulationCrafting
- Rewrote a ton of code (possible performance enhancements)
- Removed bear priority list
- Added resources side-addon
- Added custom spell frame
- Added previously used ability icon
- Bug fixes
- Added /tfberserk command which you should enable if you macro Tiger's Fury to Berserk (good idea!)
- Exactly the same as v1.6, just compressed with Deflate instead of PPMd (older archivers dislike)
- Added ability:ready(sec) function to make my priority list easier to read and code
- Slightly adjusted rotation for more possible dps (higher dps on SimulationCraft than the BiS .simc profiles!)
- Added a UNIT_FACTION event proc to pop up Claw when the target becomes attackable (useful for Coren Direbrew and some other mobs)
- Removed unneccesarry checks on the frame updates
- Added option to disable Berserk on non-boss mobs
- Fixed rotation to not Ferocious Bite like a madman (forgot to check if Berserk was up, lol)
- Might have fixed some other things but don't remember, at least the addon runs right?
- Made a lot of Claw local for higher efficiency
- Added a glow option! Enabling it makes the best choice ability glow on your action bars, gasp! (compatible with Blizzard action bars only, even works with macros by detecting the spell icon!)
- Claw now checks for shred glyph when you change specs or log in
- Added slash command to disable Mark of the Wild (for pvp, but using this addon for pvp is weird)
- Fixed a variety of bugs
- Added single target bear priority list! (experimental, I had no official best-threat list to grab from so I made my own assumed best-threat list)
- Added a player reaction time slash command that allows abilities to show up as if the addon were running x seconds into the future
- New slash commands to disable Feral Charge or Demoralizing Roar
- Fixed a typo with the time to die function that made it inaccurate
- Added slash command to change the calculation frequency for hardcores who want to run it at 1 ms!
- Added slash command to adjust the scale of the Claw ability icon
- Fixed saving of position when locked
- Fixed disable for other classes than druid (need to add cat spec check sometime...)
- Added Blessing of Kings check
- Might have changed something else but I don't recall it
- Adjusted calculation frequency to 50 ms (was at 100 ms then 10 ms, target health array length had to be adjusted for frequency)
- Added check for glyph of shred as well as recording rip extends left
- Removed print statement that was left during debug, oops
By donating to one of these (the one that isn't green is cooler cause it doesn't take off an extra 3% of the donation), you give me the motivation to continue work on my addons - not just this one, but more! Donations could get you more features in the future. But to be honest I'd probably spend it on frozen Hawaiian pizzas!
Note: Pledgie will say Zombie AddOn, it's basically a brother to Claw, donations end up at the same place.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com