Zombie is now fully compatible with Bartender4 and Dominos as of version 2.0.1!
Zombie Resources has a separate command from Zombie, it is /zres - not /zombie!
(commands are separate incase people want to lock or scale one but not the other, or want to run just Zombie Resources or just Zombie)
Zombie is an addon for death knights that simplifies gameplay and maximizes DPS by doing all the decision making for you.
It will calculate what ability would give you the highest DPS during the current combat situation, as well as guess the ability that should usually be used next.
The addon is comprised of three icons, left to right they are:
The Previously Used Ability icon - Displays the last correct ability you casted (to show you that you actually casted it before the icon changed)
The Best Choice Ability icon - Displays the best ability to cast for maximum DPS during the current combat situation
The Next Up Ability icon - Displays the most likely ability to become the best choice ability after you use an ability
Other features of Zombie includes:
Glowing Ability Buttons - Your ability buttons glow when they become the best choice ability
Automatic AoE Mode - When you cast an AoE ability, Zombie will automatically switch to an AoE priority list if the spell hits a certain amount of targets (3 is the default), then it will switch back to single target if a certain amount of targets aren't being hit or you use a single target priority list only ability!
Know When You Miss - A red border will appear on the previously used icon when your attack misses or gets parried or dodged
Moveable, Lockable, and Scalable - Each icon can separately be moved to wherever you like on the screen, then locked or scaled to any size
Resource Bars AddOn - No dependencies! Must be enabled within the AddOns menu on the character selection screen
Slash command for Zombie user configurable options: /zombie
Zombie Resources is an included optional addon also for death knights only that displays information vital to the death knight gameplay, such as your rune cooldowns, runic power, and global cooldown in a simple and elegant fashion.
Slash command for Zombie Resources user configurable options: /zres, /zombres, and /zombieres
Why is it called Zombie?
When you use this addon a lot, it becomes your way of playing, you stop having to think about what ability to use and you just use it when you see the icon. Man, it's like you became a zombie!
Why does it take up so much RAM?
It doesn't anymore! Upgrade to version 2.0 or higher, the memory requirement just went from 20 MB to 120 KB in combat! Feel free to increase the frequency.
Why don't the Zombie icons show up in Blood spec?
That's a work in progress, currently only Frost and Unholy are supported. Sorry. At least you still get the resource bars.
Not so F.A.Q.
How can I donate to this amazingly useful addon that completely changed my life?
Click one of the buttons on the donate tab of this addon page! (the green one takes 3% off)
- Increased visibility of global cooldown bar in Zombie Resources
- Optimized usage of Blood Tap for Frost
- Added option to disable Blood Tap incase you want to manage that yourself
- Fixed issue where previously used ability did not update if your frequency was too often
- Now uses textures instead of backdrops (I don't have to create needless arrays on every update now!)
- Sexier border implemented on ability icons
- Minor code changes for performance
- Fixed issue where another player's Horn of Winter made it think you didn't have Horn of Winter
- Attempted to fix issue where Zombie sometimes disappears by recoding the "when to show" system, let me know if it works people!
- Army of the Dead now defaults to off
- Targets who are 2 levels or more above you while you are not in a raid group are now classified as bosses (Dungeon bosses are now bosses)
- Now fully compatible with Bartender4 and Dominos! Yay... and now I'm using Dominos (you guys lured me in)
- Fixed issue where scrolling through action bars did not update glow effect
- Recoded most of the entire addon, which means memory usage just went from 20 MB on the average boss fight to 120 KB max (what is this 0.6% of what it used to use?)
- Fixed many more very annoying bugs
- Now stops recommending Unholy Presence when you are in Frost Presence (in cases of AoE mostly, I don't know who would want it for single target...)
- Major version update because I really can't find any more bugs and so many abilities were fixed
- Recoded most of the AoE detection system, it should now work flawlessly - I really should test more before I upload ;)
- Fixed a couple next ability bugs
- Added a reset to defaults command
- New method of detecting missing saved variables and new installation detection to prevent errors
- Fixed usage of tContains so that aoe targets list doesn't add multiple of the same target (who would have known it wouldn't guess the table I wanted to check? lol)
- Actually fixed the vehicle entry crash, might have fixed action bar addon crashes as well
- Fixed issue where DnD added a fake unit GUID to the aoe targets list causing aoe mode to trigger with 1 less target
- Implemented workaround for unusual application time of diseases after using Howling Blast w/ glyph or Outbreak (should stop Howling Blast from flashing for half a second when you should use Plague Strike, and Plague Strike from flashing after you just used Outbreak) - Why does it take 1.1 seconds for diseases to appear?
- Attempting to fix crash on vehicle entry (requires reloadui if it doesn't work)
- Fixed needless blood tapping in frost priority list
- Added AoE rotations that are enabled automatically when Zombie detects you are AoEing (3 targets or more)
- Possibly fixed "forgot Howling Blast glyph" bug, or rather, a workaround by rechecking on target change
- Fixed some priority list bugs with the next up icon
- Now disables itself when you enter a vehicle and target someting attackable
By donating to one of these (the one that isn't green is cooler cause it doesn't take off an extra 3% of the donation), you give me the motivation to continue work on my addons - not just this one, but more! Donations could get you more features in the future. But to be honest I'd probably spend it on frozen Hawaiian pizzas!
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com