|Go to Page...|
My UI comp has been updated for 5.4! There are a bunch of tiny little changes to the appearance, but nothing significant. The addons used are consistent with the previous version.
The Garwulf Hunter UI is a compilation of addons configured and optimized for the hunter class, but it can also be used by any DPS class, as well as for tanking.
The idea behind the layout and the addons chosen, is to create a clean, minimalistic look - while still providing maximum amounts of important information in an easy-to-view manner. While resting, the look is very simple, with few UI elements actually visible. When in combat, it provides a good balance of presenting the critical info and alerts, without being too overwhelming.
There are quite a few included addons in the package, but depending upon how you use it, you can disable some of the non-critical ones (e.g., Gatherer, Auctionator, Postal, etc.. ) as well as the add-on configs, and this UI can run with pretty low resource usage -- around 12-13MB.
* * * Be sure to disable the WeakAuras Options when you're not configuring auras. This may be a bug, but it becomes a resource hog if left on. It is disabled by default in my settings, but if you need to add or change any auras, be sure to disable it afterwards. You can easily do this by going to the AddOns option in the game menu, unchecking WeakAuras Options, then clicking Reload UI. * * *
Clean Icons: To get the nice clean looking icons for my Weak Auras, I use a UI mod called Clean Icons. I don't include this addon in the download because it is frickin massive; however, it doesn't use any additional resources once installed. They're just alternate icons which addons can retrieve for a cleaner look. I use the Clean Icons - Square pack, which can be downloaded here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ns-Square.html.
Q: What makes it so huntery?
A: The reason I refer to it as a"Hunter UI" is because I've built it around the hunter class. It includes notification auras for the hunter class, as well as hunter-specific filtered buffs, debuffs and cooldowns.
Q: Can I use it with another class besides hunter?
A: Absolutely. I use this UI for all of my characters. Once you've played with it for a bit, you can start customizing some of the addons to suit different class-specific spells and abilities.
Q: Is it good for tanking or healing?
A: You'd probably need to change some of the spell alerts and timers, but it will work for any class and any role. Although, I'm sure there are probably better UI packs available, more suited to either of those roles.
Q: Is this a good UI for raiding?
A: I love it for raiding, but since I don't do much else besides PvP these days, I've removed a couple of the raid-specific features I used to include in the package, i.e., internal cooldown timers and DXE (boss mod).
Q: Will this UI work for all screen resolutions?
A: It works "out-of-the-box" for 2560x1440. It will work for other resolutions as well, but may require some tweaking of the in-game UI scale, and possibly a reposition of the map - depending upon your screen's aspect ratio. A lot of the on-screen elements are anchored to either the unit frames or background panels, so you can move stuff around pretty easily if need be.
Q: Will using this UI make me a better hunter?
A: Probably. If you haven't had much experience with 3rd party addons, then I'm certain that using this UI will allow you to kick at least 42% more ass. Of course, don't take my word for it…try it for yourself.
1. Extract the contents of the GarUI file to your desktop.
2. Back up your existing Interface and WTF folders by either by dragging them from the World of Warcraft directory to your desktop, or by renaming them, ie: WTF-backup.
The World of Warcraft folder is located here:
PC: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft
Mac: macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft
* * * This step is extremely important should you decide to revert to your old settings. It may also be necessary to restore your old macro files from your WTF folder, so be sure you SAVE BACKUPS OF YOUR WTF AND INTERFACE FOLDERS. * * *
3. Drag the contents of the GarUI folder into your WoW directory. There are 2 files: Interface and WTF.
4. Open up the WTF folder and drill down through the folders, renaming the following directories to match your account name, server name and character's name:
* * * If you want to restore your in-game settings, ie: audio & video settings, camera, mouse settings, etc... then copy the Config.wtf from your WTF-backup and paste it into your new WTF root folder. Repeat this step for your macros-cache files if necessary. * * *
5. Check to see that all of the included addons are up-to-date with the latest versions. I use both the MMOUI Minion and the Curse Client for this.
6. Log in to your WoW account.
7. At the character screen, click the AddOns button on the bottom left to go to the AddOns screen. On the AddOns page, check "Load out of date AddOns".
8. Log in with your character.
9. type in /reflux switch GarUI (this is case sensitive)
10. GarUI should be all set up! Queue up for a BG and start nuking some enemies!
Buy Me a Beer
A lot of time and effort has gone into creating this UI. If you appreciate what I've put together and made available for you, then why not buy me a beer? I'd love you for it! If you'd like, you can make a small donation when you go to download this comp.
As I'd outlined in Step 2 of the installation instructions, make sure you save backups of your WTF and Interface folders. One thing you may have to do is restore your macros. To do this, open up your backup up WTF folder and go to:
Copy: macros-cache.old & macros-cache.txt files and drag them into the YOURACCOUNTNAME folder in your WoW directory.
Perform this same step for the macros-cache.old & macros-cache.txt files in the character folder.
Installing GarUI for Multiple Characters
If you'd like to use my interface for multiple characters, just copy/paste the GarUI Character folder and rename it to the character's name you wish to install the UI for. Log in on that character, then type in the: /reflux switch GarUI command. Make any desired changes to better suit the UI to that specific character, then type in the /reflux save AltUI command (substituting AltUI for something more specific to that character).
- NPCScan w/ NPCScan Overlay
- Addon Control Panel
- AZCastBar w/ Flight Time, Mirror, Swing and Loot Roll plugins
- Bartender 4
- GoGo Mount
- Masque w/ Renaitre skin
- Shadowed Unit Frames
- SLData Text
- Tidy Plates w/ Threat Plates
For additional information or support, please visit: http://huntsmanslodge.com/gar-ui
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.