Minion Beta! - Help us test our new AddOn updater. Get it now!
Download
(5 Kb)
Download
Updated: 10-06-12 05:41 AM
Addon for:
SLDataText.
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Mists of Pandaria (5.0.4)
Updated:10-06-12 05:41 AM
Created:12-29-11 07:17 AM
Downloads:4,778
Favorites:35
MD5:
SLDataText Guild
Version: 1.1.0
by: Taffu [More]
SLDataText Guild v1.0.9
This plug-in is only compatible with SLDataText v4.2.0 and higher.

This is a Guild module plug-in for SLDataText.

Displays current online Guild Member count, and an interactive tooltip that allows click functionality:
- Left Click: Send /tell to that person.
- Alt+Left Click: Invite that person to a group.

Inherits all other SLDataText related features, including configuration. Use '/sldt Guild' to access menu.
October 6th, 2012 - v1.1.0
- Added Option to show Tooltip in Combat

September 2nd, 2012 - v1.0.9
- Revised class color localization to address issues @ tooltip level
- Added Guild check at tooltip level to address errors when "not" in Guild but module is active

September 1st, 2012 - v1.0.8
- Updated to latest WoW Version

April 7th, 2012 - v1.0.7a
- Updated to mitigate memory issues
- Updated LibSLTip

April 6th, 2012 - v1.0.7
- Locations should update in tooltip

April 4th, 2012 - v1.0.6
- Revised method & added events to fix updating issues

February 7th, 2012 - v1.0.5
- Added locales (enUS, deDE (Not Translated), frFR)

February 1st, 2012 - v1.0.4
- Fixed player status display on tooltip

January 14th, 2012 - v1.0.3
- Tweaks
- Removed unnecessary libraries
- Updated LibSLTip
- When GMOTD is longer than max tooltip width, it will now properly create additional lines so it doesn't run off the tooltip or create tooltip sizing problems.

January 2nd, 2012
- Added new icon feature
- Some adjustments to notes
- Included a 'Force Shown' option for bypassing the global combat fade

December 31st, 2011
- Changes note display method
- Added option for officer note
Archived Files (10)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
1.0.9
5kB
Taffu
09-02-12 05:14 PM
1.0.8
5kB
Taffu
09-01-12 03:41 AM
1.0.7a
9kB
Taffu
04-07-12 04:15 PM
1.0.6
8kB
Taffu
04-04-12 02:22 PM
1.0.5
8kB
Taffu
02-07-12 03:09 PM
1.0.4
7kB
Taffu
02-01-12 05:55 PM
1.0.3
7kB
Taffu
01-14-12 06:33 AM
1.0.2
7kB
Taffu
01-02-12 09:26 PM
1.0.1
7kB
Taffu
12-31-11 12:26 PM
1.0.0
24kB
Taffu
12-29-11 07:17 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 12-31-11, 01:10 AM  
Bentobaku
A Kobold Labourer
 
Bentobaku's Avatar

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
Notes problem

Just letting you know this plug in is smashing location and guild note together. Its aligning both to the right of the toolbox.
Other than that another beautiful and well functioning plugin. Cant wait to see Friends and am still hoping for a stat plug in that has avoidance as a stat opt, jus sayn. Seriously your doin wonders with this addon, have used this addon since it was developed and you have it running the smoothest it has ever fucntiond.

PS Love the click function to open the default roster list.

Sry, one more thing is there a way I can color the GMOTD green?
Last edited by Bentobaku : 12-31-11 at 01:34 AM.
Bentobaku is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-11, 05:13 AM  
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 149
File comments: 418
Uploads: 33
Re: Notes problem

Originally Posted by Bentobaku
Just letting you know this plug in is smashing location and guild note together. Its aligning both to the right of the toolbox.
Other than that another beautiful and well functioning plugin. Cant wait to see Friends and am still hoping for a stat plug in that has avoidance as a stat opt, jus sayn. Seriously your doin wonders with this addon, have used this addon since it was developed and you have it running the smoothest it has ever fucntiond.

PS Love the click function to open the default roster list.

Sry, one more thing is there a way I can color the GMOTD green?
Yea, while working on the Friends module and decided on a different way of doing the notes. I'll likely put the new version up when I release the Friends module...which should be very soon.
Taffu is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-11, 12:29 PM  
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 149
File comments: 418
Uploads: 33
v1.0.1 Changes the note display so it shows as a non-interactive line under the players listing in the tooltip (allowing more space so the tooltip says small and more organized).

I also added the option to show an Officer note (when applicable). If you're in a large Guild and your display get's really big, turn Notes off for now to compact it. I'm working on adding scrolling to the tooltip to reduce it's size when it starts to grow too large.
Taffu is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-12, 05:48 PM  
Bentobaku
A Kobold Labourer
 
Bentobaku's Avatar

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
LUA Error

Everything is functioning properly but am receiving the following LUA Error
(I have Friends linked to Guild) Funny part is they are linked like they should be so not sure what the error is about, but then again Im not a programer.

Message: SLDataText-4.2.3\core.lua:33: SLDT_Friends:SetPoint(): Couldn"t find region named "SLDT_Guild"
Time: 01/01/12 18:44:10
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\core.lua:33: in function `UpdateBaseFrame'
...ace\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:97: in function `Refresh'
...ace\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:151: in function <...ace\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:119>

Locals: self = <unnamed> {
0 = <userdata>
Bag = <unnamed> {
}
Guild = <unnamed> {
}
Exp = <unnamed> {
}
UpdateBaseText = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\core.lua:22
Coords = <unnamed> {
}
Modules = <table> {
}
Currency = <unnamed> {
}
SetupBaseFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\core.lua:8
stratTbl = <table> {
}
Armor = <unnamed> {
}
justTbl = <table> {
}
classColor = "F48CBA"
fontTbl = <table> {
}
db = <table> {
}
FPS = <unnamed> {
}
anchTbl = <table> {
}
Refresh = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\core.lua:106
ZoneText = <unnamed> {
}
Memory = <unnamed> {
}
Friends = <unnamed> {
}
AddModule = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\core.lua:39
Clock = <unnamed> {
}
Gold = <unnamed> {
}
Mail = <unnamed> {
}
Frame = <unnamed> {
}
UpdateBaseFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\core.lua:30
Latency = <unnamed> {
}
}
module = <unnamed> {
0 = <userdata>
optsTbl = <table> {
}
Text = <unnamed> {
}
db = <table> {
}
Refresh = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:58
Tool = <unnamed> {
}
Frame = SLDT_Friends {
}
}
mdb = <table> {
showNote = true
strata = "LOW"
tooltipOn = true
anch = "SLDT_Guild"
aF = "CENTER"
aP = "CENTER"
yOff = "0"
xOff = "75"
name = "Friends"
gfont = false
fontSize = 12
font = "Arial Narrow"
outline = false
enabled = true
}
db = <table> {
modules = <table> {
}
gFontSize = 12
gFont = "Arial Narrow"
cFade = false
cCol = true
configMode = false
}
Last edited by Bentobaku : 01-01-12 at 05:49 PM.
Bentobaku is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-12, 07:35 PM  
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 149
File comments: 418
Uploads: 33
Re: LUA Error

Originally Posted by Bentobaku
Everything is functioning properly but am receiving the following LUA Error
(I have Friends linked to Guild) Funny part is they are linked like they should be so not sure what the error is about, but then again Im not a programer.

Message: SLDataText-4.2.3\core.lua:33: SLDT_Friends:SetPoint(): Couldn"t find region named "SLDT_Guild"
Time: 01/01/12 18:44:10
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\core.lua:33: in function `UpdateBaseFrame'
...ace\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:97: in function `Refresh'
...ace\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:151: in function <...ace\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:119>
Did this happen during a combat update when the frames were fading? Or was it upon loading?
Taffu is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-12, 11:04 PM  
Bentobaku
A Kobold Labourer
 
Bentobaku's Avatar

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: LUA Error

Originally Posted by Taffu
Originally Posted by Bentobaku
Everything is functioning properly but am receiving the following LUA Error
(I have Friends linked to Guild) Funny part is they are linked like they should be so not sure what the error is about, but then again Im not a programer.

Message: SLDataText-4.2.3\core.lua:33: SLDT_Friends:SetPoint(): Couldn"t find region named "SLDT_Guild"
Time: 01/01/12 18:44:10
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\core.lua:33: in function `UpdateBaseFrame'
...ace\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:97: in function `Refresh'
...ace\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:151: in function <...ace\AddOns\SLDataText_Friends\SLDataText_Friends.lua:119>
Did this happen during a combat update when the frames were fading? Or was it upon loading?
It was During Loading and During combat
Bentobaku is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-12, 06:57 AM  
Melvalian
A Kobold Labourer
 
Melvalian's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 8
Uploads: 0
Is it possible to change the tooltip font sizes and make the tooltip show my character on the list?
Melvalian is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-12, 07:07 AM  
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 149
File comments: 418
Uploads: 33
Originally Posted by Melvalian
Is it possible to change the tooltip font sizes and make the tooltip show my character on the list?
Font Size & Type: This might become an option. I'm currently rewriting my tooltip library, so I may add that option.

Character on the List: I don't see the point in this, since you probably won't /tell or invite yourself, and you know where you are and your status at all times. Is there some other reason to see this information?
Taffu is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-12, 07:37 AM  
Melvalian
A Kobold Labourer
 
Melvalian's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 8
Uploads: 0
Character on the List: I don't see the point in this, since you probably won't /tell or invite yourself, and you know where you are and your status at all times. Is there some other reason to see this information?

I like to view my rank relative to the guild in the list. Not very important but something I like.

Edit: I meant to quote you but totally failed....
Last edited by Melvalian : 01-11-12 at 07:42 AM.
Melvalian is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-12, 11:06 AM  
Sockz0r
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 673
Uploads: 5
is it possible to not alter the layout to something like:

Player Location Rank Note Game

instead of having the note sat under each name, but instead in 1 big line?
Sockz0r is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-12, 11:11 AM  
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 149
File comments: 418
Uploads: 33
Originally Posted by Sockz0r
is it possible to not alter the layout to something like:

Player Location Rank Note Game

instead of having the note sat under each name, but instead in 1 big line?
The 'columns' setup is the old style used by LibTablet. I built a new interactive tooltip library to be a little less bulky and more like a normal tooltip, but with the same interactive properties as LibTablet. This keeps the tooltip size down, but retains the functionality. I'm working on a different way to display notes, which will make the tooltip much more organized while keeping the size down, which was the original goal.

TL;DR version: No, there won't be columns, but eventually an expand button to show notes.
Taffu is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-12, 07:03 AM  
Melvalian
A Kobold Labourer
 
Melvalian's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 8
Uploads: 0
I can't find a way to adjust the tooltip font size. The tooltips are really small on my UI, but only for SLDT modules like this one and Friends.
Melvalian is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-12, 07:17 AM  
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 149
File comments: 418
Uploads: 33
Originally Posted by Melvalian
I can't find a way to adjust the tooltip font size. The tooltips are really small on my UI, but only for SLDT modules like this one and Friends.
There's no option for this currently, I'll try to add some font customization to the tooltips.
Taffu is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-12, 08:13 AM  
Armortalia
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 12
Uploads: 0
Hi again,

got SLDataText to work, installed the Guild Addon and got this:

Code:
Message: ...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:12: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
Time: 02/03/12 15:10:35
Count: 3
Stack: [C]: in function `format'
...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:12: in function <...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:10>

Locals: (*temporary) = "%s (%s)"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 0
(*temporary) = "string expected, got nil"
Code:
Message: ...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:19: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Time: 02/03/12 15:10:36
Count: 3
Stack: ...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:19: in function <...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:10>

Locals: this = <unnamed> {
 0 = <userdata>
}
(for generator) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(for state) = <table> {
 1 = <table> {
 }
 2 = <table> {
 }
 3 = <table> {
 }
 4 = <table> {
 }
}
(for control) = 1
key = 1
val = <table> {
 1 = "Felng"
 2 = "Twink"
 3 = 21
 4 = "Druide"
 5 = "Burg Schattenfang"
 6 = 0
 7 = false
 8 = "Nghthwk"
 9 = ""
}
name = "Felng"
rank = "Twink"
level = 21
class = "DRUIDE"
zone = "Burg Schattenfang"
status = 0
isMobile = false
note = "Nghthwk"
oNote = ""
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(*temporary) = "%02X%02X%02X"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 279
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
tip = SLDT_GuildTooltip {
 0 = <userdata>
}
SLT = <table> {
 AddLine = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:178
 AddHeader = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:124
 ClearTooltip = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:292
 AddFooter = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:260
 ShowTooltip = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:280
 GetTooltip = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:100
 AddDoubleLine = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:215
 AddSpacer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:165
}
guildName = "Paralyze"
guildLevel = 25
guildMotto = "Es wre schn, wenn die Twink-Raids trotz Auflsung des Main-Raids weiterhin rege Beteiligung finden wrden! G-Info beachten!"
guildList = <table> {
 1 = <table> {
 }
 2 = <table> {
 }
 3 = <table> {
 }
 4 = <table> {
 }
}
db = <table> {
 outline = false
 fontSize = 12
 anch = "UIParent"
 aF = "BOTTOMLEFT"
 showIcon = true
 showONote = false
 enabled = true
 tooltipOn = true
 gfont = false
 aP = "CENTER"
 yOff = 14
 forceShow = false
 name = "Guild"
 showNote = false
 strata = "LOW"
 font = "Arial Narrow"
 xOff = 38
}
frame = SLDT_Guild {
 0 = <userdata>
}
nothing is displayed when i put my mouse over it, only thos lua messages. hope you can help fast again =)


Same in the FriendList addon.
As long as i only have BNet Friends online, it works, but when a ingame friend without bnet comes online, only lua messages
Last edited by Armortalia : 02-03-12 at 08:17 AM.
Armortalia is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-12, 08:33 AM  
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 149
File comments: 418
Uploads: 33
Originally Posted by Armortalia
Hi again,

got SLDataText to work, installed the Guild Addon and got this:

Code:
Message: ...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:12: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)
Time: 02/03/12 15:10:35
Count: 3
Stack: [C]: in function `format'
...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:12: in function <...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:10>

Locals: (*temporary) = "%s (%s)"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 0
(*temporary) = "string expected, got nil"
Code:
Message: ...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:19: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Time: 02/03/12 15:10:36
Count: 3
Stack: ...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:19: in function <...terface\AddOns\SLDataText_Guild\SLDataText_Guild.lua:10>

Locals: this = <unnamed> {
 0 = <userdata>
}
(for generator) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(for state) = <table> {
 1 = <table> {
 }
 2 = <table> {
 }
 3 = <table> {
 }
 4 = <table> {
 }
}
(for control) = 1
key = 1
val = <table> {
 1 = "Felng"
 2 = "Twink"
 3 = 21
 4 = "Druide"
 5 = "Burg Schattenfang"
 6 = 0
 7 = false
 8 = "Nghthwk"
 9 = ""
}
name = "Felng"
rank = "Twink"
level = 21
class = "DRUIDE"
zone = "Burg Schattenfang"
status = 0
isMobile = false
note = "Nghthwk"
oNote = ""
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(*temporary) = "%02X%02X%02X"
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 279
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)"
tip = SLDT_GuildTooltip {
 0 = <userdata>
}
SLT = <table> {
 AddLine = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:178
 AddHeader = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:124
 ClearTooltip = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:292
 AddFooter = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:260
 ShowTooltip = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:280
 GetTooltip = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:100
 AddDoubleLine = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:215
 AddSpacer = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\SLDataText\Libs\LibSLTip-1.0\LibSLTip-1.0.lua:165
}
guildName = "Paralyze"
guildLevel = 25
guildMotto = "Es wre schn, wenn die Twink-Raids trotz Auflsung des Main-Raids weiterhin rege Beteiligung finden wrden! G-Info beachten!"
guildList = <table> {
 1 = <table> {
 }
 2 = <table> {
 }
 3 = <table> {
 }
 4 = <table> {
 }
}
db = <table> {
 outline = false
 fontSize = 12
 anch = "UIParent"
 aF = "BOTTOMLEFT"
 showIcon = true
 showONote = false
 enabled = true
 tooltipOn = true
 gfont = false
 aP = "CENTER"
 yOff = 14
 forceShow = false
 name = "Guild"
 showNote = false
 strata = "LOW"
 font = "Arial Narrow"
 xOff = 38
}
frame = SLDT_Guild {
 0 = <userdata>
}
nothing is displayed when i put my mouse over it, only thos lua messages. hope you can help fast again =)


Same in the FriendList addon.
As long as i only have BNet Friends online, it works, but when a ingame friend without bnet comes online, only lua messages
Have you updated the module to the current version 1.0.4? Blizzard changed the way they handle player status, and I recently updated Guild because of this. There's no code on line 12 that would justify this error any longer.
Taffu is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump:

Support AddOn Development!

You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.