This is for use in the Mists of Pandaria Beta ONLY. THIS WILL NOT WORK ON LIVE REALMS!
What is Perl Classic?
Perl Classic Unit Frames are a complete rewrite of the original mods by Perl. They replace the default Player, Pet, Target, Target of Target, Party, and Party Pet frames and add dedicated frames for many other units (Focus, Focus Target, Party Target, Target of Target of Target). It has been a high priority to maintain the look and feel or the original Perl mods while expanding functionality. The mod has been recoded for performance and is built around the Blizzard UI usage of events.
Q: I'm seeing double party buffs for some reason, what gives?
A: 99% of the time this is caused by CT_PartyBuffs. Simply remove the mod and you will return to having one set of party buffs.
Q: I am having massive dead spots for clicking on some of the unit frames, what's wrong?
A: This can be caused by a number of mods, but the most common seems to be CT_MovableParty. Please remove this mod as Perl can be moved without the use of this mod.
Q: The default party frames are showing up with red lightning bolts. What's going on?
A: As of version 1.503 of CT_RaidAssist this should no longer be caused by CTRA. The settings for this are now located in the WoW settings under Interface Options -> Basic -> Raid -> Hide Party Interface.
Q: Do you support ArcaneBar?
A: Yes, it is included in your download of Perl Classic.
Q: Will you be adding any features to Perl_PlayerBuff?
A: No, my coding for this mod goes as far as making sure it 'works.' If anyone would like to expand upon it, feel free to do so.
Q: Where are the raid frames?
A: As of 2.0 I no longer code raid frames for Perl Classic. Luckily, X-Perl's raid frames work great alongside Perl Classic. X-Perl's raid frames (and the unit frames themselves) can be found here: http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/3416/
Q: The scaling is all messed up! What do i do?
A: I recommend setting the scale to that of the UI if you are having issues. Open the options menu via "/perl" or the Black Pearl icon on the minimap and set the scale accordingly under the "All" tab.
Q: I am having an issue not listed in this FAQ, what can I do?
A: First, update *every* mod. I do not support ancient outdated and unmaintained mods. If you have double checked that everything is up to date, post on any of the Perl Classic mod pages and I'll be glad to help you narrow down the issue or give suggestions to help find a solution.
Q: Can you add this feature?
A: I'm sure it's possible, but the primary purpose of this mod is to 'modernize' the original Perl mod so that it doesn't slow your game down.
Mods that Perl Classic will take advantage of:
Clique - http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5108
Mods that take advantage of Perl Classic:
BeneCaster - http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=3606
5.01 Beta 8 - August 19, 2012
- Config: All unit frames now hide while taking part in a pet battle
5.01 Beta 7 - July 14, 2012
- All: Frame positions are now saved in saved variables
- CombatDisplay/PartyPet/PartyTarget/Pet/Target/ToT: Changed the default frame position
- Config: CombatDisplay now displays in positioning mode
- PartyPet: Fixed a scaling issue
- PartyTarget: Health bars now show the percent sign after hovering over a health bar
- PartyTarget/Pet/ToT: Added some sanity checks for dividing by zero
- Pet: Pet Target frame will now save position in the Global Save option
5.01 Beta 6 - July 8, 2012
- All: Added server specific saved variable support
- Config: Fixed an issue that would prevent deleting profiles
- Config: After deleting a profile it will no longer remain displayed in the dropdown menu
5.01 Beta 5 - July 7, 2012
- Config: Changed some option names regarding the new power bars
- Player: Added support for additional Warlock power bars
5.01 Beta 4 - July 2, 2012
- Focus: Fixed a variable name causing a dividing by zero error
- Party: Added some sanity checks for dividing by zero
- Party: Updated to use UnitIsGroupLeader function
5.01 Beta 3 - July 1, 2012
- CombatDisplay/Focus: Added some sanity checks for dividing by zero
- Target: Percents on NPCs with no power bar will properly display zero
5.01 Beta 2 - July 1, 2012
- Player: Added support for Priest Shadow Bar
- Target: Added some sanity checks for dividing by zero
5.01 Beta 1 - June 30, 2012
- All: Updated TOC Interface version to 50001
- All: Updated to use GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE event
- All: Updated right click menu code for target related frames
- CombatDisplay/Player: Added Monk support to the Druid Bar
- Config: Removed some localization strings that were no longer being used
- Focus/Party/Player/Target: Updated to use CLASS_ICON_TCOORDS global for class icons
- Focus/Party/Target: Added some sanity checks for dividing by zero
- Party/Player/Target: Updated to use UnitIsGroupLeader function
- Player: Added support for Monk Harmony Bar
- Player: The experience bar now maxes out at Level 90
- Player: Updated to use GetNumGroupMembers function
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com