Versions 5.4.1-5 and up are based on:
• Rogue_Assassination_T16H.simc, SimulationCraft rev. 17943 (October 30, 2013)
• Rogue_Combat_T16H.simc, SimulationCraft rev. 18048 (December 7, 2013)
• Rogue_Subtlety_T16H.simc, SimulationCraft rev. 17935 (October 24, 2013)
Versions 5.4.0-0 to 5.4.1-4 are based on:
• Rogue_Assassination_T16H.simc, SimulationCraft rev. 17675 (September 16, 2013)
• Rogue_Combat_T16H.simc, SimulationCraft rev. 17675 (September 16, 2013)
• Rogue_Subtlety_T16H.simc, SimulationCraft rev. 17675 (September 16, 2013)
Claw Resources has a separate command from Assassin, it is /cres - not /assassin!
(commands are separate incase people want to lock or scale one but not the other, or want to run just Claw Resources or just Assassin)
Assassin is an addon for rogues of all specializations that simplifies gameplay and maximizes DPS by doing all the decision making for you.
Unlike most other addons, Assassin uses an advanced priority list developed by the people over at the SimulationCraft project and improved by myself for ease of use in actual gameplay.
It will calculate which ability would give you the highest DPS during the current combat situation.
The addon is comprised of three icons, left to right they are:
The Previously Used Ability icon - Displays the last correct ability you used (to show you that you actually used it before the icon changed, can be disabled)
The Best Choice Ability icon - Displays the best ability to use for maximum DPS during the current combat situation
The Cooldown Ability icon - Displays when you should use an ability that is off the global cooldown or has a long cooldown (can be disabled)
Other features of Assassin includes:
Glowing Ability Buttons - Your ability buttons glow when they become the best choice ability or a cooldown you should use
Know When You Miss - A red border will appear on the previously used icon when your attack misses or gets dodged/parried
Moveable, Lockable, and Scalable - Each icon can separately be moved to wherever you like on the screen, then locked or scaled to any size
Resource Bars AddOn - No dependencies! Must be enabled within the AddOns menu on the character selection screen
Slash command for Assassin user configurable options: /assassin
Claw Resources is an included optional addon also for rogues (and those other two classes I play, y'know, druid and paladin) that displays vital information such as your combo points, anticipation stacks, energy, and global cooldown in a simple and elegant fashion. It will also play sounds when you reach a specified amount of combo points (default is 5). The sound files are random quotes from Devil May Cry, half are Dante, half are Vergil. I don't even play that game but my guild leader is obsessed with them and uses my addons so there you have it - her idea. I liked it.
Slash command for Claw Resources user configurable options: /cres and /clawres
Where is it? I don't see it!
Both addons hide themselves when you aren't targetting something you're able to attack. Try selecting a training dummy to move it around and such.
Does this addon use lots of CPU/RAM resources?
I don't think so. I've never seen it go above 85 KB myself, and if it does munch your CPU you may reduce the frequency of calculations. (with a slight reduction in accuracy)
I doubt it uses even a hundredth of the CPU power Recount does.
Why make an addon like this? There's already an addon that does this!
Because my addon works how I need it to work and people complain when I don't make it work.
Is there a way to turn the rotation helper off? I only want the energy/combo point bars.
As stated above, the resource addon is standalone (no dependencies). Just disable Assassin on the addons screen and keep Claw Resources on.
Will it know when to AoE?
No, sorry, that's up to you. It would require too much unnecessary coding to implement a feature that detects targets nearby.
Can I get this addon for other classes?
Yeah, search for Claw. It's Assassin's BFF Jill.
Not so F.A.Q.
How can I donate to this amazingly useful addon that completely changed my life?
Check out the donate tab on this page!
- Added requested feature: Dim main ability icon when you don't have enough energy to use it
- Updated combat priority list to latest SimulationCraft revision
- Subtlety and Assassination priority lists haven't changed at latest revision
- Improvements for handling tier 16 4-set proc in Subtlety
- Subtlety will now recommend Vanish > 3 cp if you have the Anticipation talent
- Fixed a typo that resulted in broken Combat specialization finishers
- Option to disable Rupture in Combat specialization as well as auto disable Rupture with Blade Flurry active
- Some variables have been renamed and scaling is now per icon
- GCD swipe feature added as requested
- Bug fix for previous ability icon (it didn't show anymore, oops)
- Did some actual Simulations with Assassination to improve upon what was provided, which should result in less Ruptures
- New versioning method that makes more sense because abilities change with new patches
- Rewrote quite a bit of code for efficiency, it should no longer trigger updates without a target
- Fixed a few bugs
- Performance optimizations!
- Rewrote all the priority lists with the latest SimulationCraft and small optimizations for actual gameplay
- Fixed check for combo points before saying you should Slice And Dice
- Fixed a small issue in Claw Resources for displaying Anticipation
- Combat priority list complete (and extremely optimized, I spent a night in Simulationcraft and gained at least 6000 dps over the current profiles!)
- Added Anticipation support
- Also included Anticipation support in Claw Resources, past 5 CP your combo points will start turning blue! It's like star power mode! (I should totally ninja the GH3 starpower effect wav for it, licenses, licenses...)
- A few minor adjustments to other specs
- Made manual cooldown management more manual (oopsies)
- Probably fixed a bug while I was asleep or something
- Updated for 5.0.4/5
- New rotations
- Combat is sort of not there, because you see...I don't have the gold to respec to such an inferior specialization. Yup.
- Blizzard's spell flash is now disabled when the addon loads in order to prevent its trickery!
- This is an alpha...erm, release - yeah, it's pretty stable. I just say it's alpha because I was too lazy to add combat priorities.
I'd very much appreciate any donations, they're optional of course. It would likely help pay for my WoW subscription and possibly a delicious pizza! Don't expect any new features from donating though, unless you have a great idea in mind. :P