A simple textual representation of the Warrior ability: Shield Barrier predicted absorb value before casting it, and optionally the remaining absorb amount until expiration after casting it.
Show Shield Barrier predicted absorb before casting it as a free floating Text value. (green text)
Optionally show actual and remaining absorb value after casting it. (orange text)
Optionally show an estimate of actual damage absorbed after the barrier is consumed/fades. (white parenthesized)
("I put up a 40k barrier, how much damage did it actually absorb?")
Indicate when you have reached a max Shield Barrier value (rage 60+)
Optionally show the values as percent of max health
(I find "will absorb 13% of my HP in damage" more intuitive since it compares easily with other self-heal or dmg mitigation cooldowns)
Optionally play a sound for a min and max Barrier (off by default)
Only shows in combat (and when first installed to allow for placement).
There is only one command: /barriertext (shorthand: /sbt)
Unlocking the text allows you to reposition it and shows a tooltip with other options help. Run the command again to lock it in place.
Minimal choices include: font / size / text format (actual vs percent HP) / predicted value only / sound on|off.
I realize this won't appeal to everyone.
Why the weird configuration mode etc:
(a) wanted something quick to get a handle on SB usage.
(b) have enough statusbars on my UI.
(c) I can shrink it and place it on top of my actual SB actionbutton.
(d) experimenting so I don't get bored looking at lua
Provided "as is" for any that might find it useful.
If you're looking for a more graphic addon check out Shield Maid.
It does almost everything this one does and presents the info in a different way.
- toc update, compatible with WoW 5.4.0 "Siege or Orgrimmar"
- Modify initialization to conform to 5.4.0 loading process
(remains compatible with 5.3)
- Updated for patch 5.3.0
- Updated for patch 5.2.0
- Barrier prediction value updated to new formula ("roughly 10% less scaling with AP")
- Updated for changes to UnitAura() in 5.1
- .toc update, compatible with WoW 5.1 "Landfall"
- Should now be re-spec aware too (oops)
- Minor optimization, no functional changes.
- Fix size configuration requiring alot of wheel-down to respond when at max.
WoW 5.0.5 only accepts font-sizes up to 29 (previously 32)
- Add a couple/some custom fonts (full exit is required for the game to recognize them if upgrading from 1.1 or 1.0)
- Add an estimate of barrier used when the buff is consumed / expires.
I.e. "I put up a 30k barrier, how much actual damage did it absorb?". Shows as a parenthesized white number.
- Use shorthand numbers (35k instead of 35000) in absolute numbers mode.
- Anchor the text to the left so it doesn't expand unilaterally when selecting a more verbose mode.
- Simplify the command-line option. It's silly to type 2 words when there's only 1 option :-p
- Post a reminder of the command to chat when loading but only if the addon is locked, hence invisible.
It will keep quiet if it's already in config mode.
- Small cosmetic and internal changes.
- Add an additional event to catch changes to the primary stats.
- Decrease the mousewheel throttle a bit to make it more responsive when in unlocked/config mode.