Coming Soon! Windwalker Monks and Stand Alone Modules
Suggests spell priority/rotations to help maximise damage per second (dps) in a single add-on across the class/specialisations of your characters.
* Enhancement Shaman
* Elemental Shaman
* Arcane Mages
* Fire Mages
* Frost Mages
* 2H Frost Death Knights
* DW Frost Death Knights
The author has already researched the most popular and effective rotation for your character. Allowance has been made for the Talents you have chosen. We Don't Wipe presents the next few abilities you should use. Due to randomness in the game, the queue of abilities will constantly change depending upon cooldowns, critical strike "procs", useful combinations, and so on.
We Don't Wipe is perfect for anyone wishing to come to grips with the latest thinking for the mechanics of a class/specialisation. Perfect for beginners through to raiders. SimCraft style complicated rotations have so far not been included.
A queue stretching from left to right across your screen. Pinwheel and numeric cooldowns for these are displayed. If a character has an important "charge up" ability, such as Maelstrom Weapon, Lightning Shield or Arcane Charge, then it will be displayed in a dynamic, animated manner. The number of icons, size of icons and screen placement are fully customisable.
A series of mini-icons are presented. The first three (not illustrated in the screenshots) are warnings that the target has an interruptable spell, the target has a buff able to be dispelled, the player or friendly target has a debuff able to be dispelled.
The remaining mini-icons are your cooldowns. You can configure this list while playing, using the built in editor. It is powerful and intuitive. Racials like Berserker are supported.
How to Instal
Install as you would any other addon. Go to "Interface" and then "Addons" from the game menu to adjust to your liking. Look at the addon file headers where there is lots of descriptive text if you want to get down and dirty. Try also /wdw from any in game chat channel.
How to Move WDW
Firstly go to "Game Menu" then "Interface" then "AddOns". For We Don't Wipe look at "Queue Settings". Ensure "Locked" is not checked. Return to the game. Hover the mouse over the centre of the first ability icon in the main queue. Must be in the centre area. Now hold down the left mouse button and drag and release. Easy!
Your Rotation Queue & Your Cooldown Icons - Adjusting their Synergy
Monitoring your cooldowns is an important part of any fight and it is important for your cooldowns to be integrated into your rotation during a boss fight but conversely really annoying to have a rotation cluttered unnecessarily while clearing trash and questing. Here's how to adjust the synergy:
Hover your mouse over any mini-icon OR the last icon of the queue. Moving the mouse-wheel results in toggling the cooldown display mode between: (1) BOSS - show the cooldowns as a fixed list of mini icons below the main queue, with CDs sometimes also appearing in the main queue, depending upon whether or not it was sensible to include them in the rotation; (2) TRASH - still show the list of small CD icons but don't include them in the rotation as no-one needs to blow CDs on trash!; (3) NEVER - don't show a list of mini CD icons and never include in the rotation. Alternatives: If you really must you can enter "/wdw boss" in chat to step one by one through the 3 options. Bi-directional keybindings are also supported.
WDW doesn't try to trap and track combat events, or guess at when an ability might be off cool down and then try to piece it all together. Instead it relies upon being regularly (every couple of 100ths of a second) polled by Blizzard's server. It makes "calls" to Blizzard for information (i.e. "API calls") and works around (using avoidance/alternatives) any that are unreliable/unready.
If you do think that WDW is weighing you down, you can configure things such as how often it cycles.
None known presently.
See the Change Log for details of changes in recent versions.
* Rotations changed for Patch 5.2 "Throne of Thunder" (Actions, Glyphs, Rotations, Core)
* Better display of Mage Polymorph icons, including fixes for Blizzard's own bugs (Glyphs, Interface, Core, Spells)
* More robust to handle players with no specialisation (Core, Interface)
* Tier 15 Enhancement Shaman 2P +2 Maelstrom bonus (Spells, Rotation, Actions)
* Updated version greeting to keep it fresh (Core)
* Blood DK getting spammed with "Sorry," message fixed (Core)
* Blood DK crashes fixed (Core)
* Following Icon Sizes option changed to fraction from dodgy percentage (Interface)
* Apparently 'stuck' or nonresponsive or duplicate icons fixed (Core)
* Remove annoying Shaman weapon buff reminder if have a fishing pole equipped
* Date error
* Saved data system now on a character name / realm basis as per Blizzard standards (Core)
* Added in-game instructions (Core + Interface)
* Able to edit cooldown / mini icon list from in game (Core + Interface)
* Interface options panel cleaned up but still has that cozy "Ace" feel (Core + Interface)
* Removed "Ace" as a dependancy. WDW now its own boss (Core + Interface + TOC)
* Calculation of number of each type of DK rune is now accurate and not a (pretty good) estimate (Core)
* Helpful message and sound for when seeking to reposition the icons (Core)
* Allow for more CD icons (Core)
* Allow for more than two DK Death runes (Actions)
* Mini icon glow effect added & tested. Unused at present (Core)
* Out of combat test now also tests for non-targeted aggro/attacks via an API call (Core)
* Pillar of Frost added to default set of Frost DK CDs (Cooldowns)
* Shaman must be >= L87 for Ascendance (Actions)
* Shaman must be >= L81 for Unleashed Elements (Actions)
* DK must be >= L87 for Soul Reaper (Actions)
* DK must be >= 81 for Outbreak (Actions)
* The various multiple polymorphs of a Mage are now properly known and managed (Core)
* Improve logic for mini icon #3: ensure deal only with Curse/Disease/Magic/Poison if supported by Class/Race (IntDispel+Core)
* Exclude Auto Attack from pre-scanned Spellbook (Core)
* Invisible first/main icon could previously be moved (if you were clever). Now not possible (Core)
* Notify other users of your WDW version and prompt player if player has an out of date WDW version (Core)
* Spellbook scanning now correctly knows about and allows multiple spells with the same name. Relevant to Mage Polymorph (Core)
* Removed the 'Up to You' icon. It was a dumb idea but fun at the time to see Hula Dolls and icecream cones on the screen (Core)
* Now works properly for Mana Gems. What a hack job that was (Core)
* Changed Welcome message and added a non-intrusive welcome sound (Core)
* Fun stuff (Core + Interface)
* Fix bug when switching from Frost to Arcane, with no zone change and then generating 1 Arcane Charge
* Frost Death Knights added
* Massive performance boost. No longer throttles cpu (lesson: don't blindly trust what you read on the net, test for yourself!)
* Tooltips for all icons
* Keybindings revamped, including the bug in v1.03. Now bi-directional for both rotation & cooldown
* Mouse wheel support as an alternative to keybindings
* Frost Mages no longer prompted for Water Elemental when mounted
* Slight range text placement adjustment to allow for null queues (unlikely as it is)
* The forced English language for a player's "specialisation" removed. Thus more non-English friendly
* Shaman Reincarnation correctly shows when dead and not on CD
* Mage Tier 2 talent no longer assumed to be Ice Barrier (unlikely as that would be in PvE)
* Frost Mages added
* Revamped the AoE rotations for Mages
* Fixed bug with a rarely appearing phantom cool down for the last spell in the queue
* Fixed an AoE rotation addon crash for one of the Mage specs
* Added debug code for a couple of very rare errors due to Blizzard returning nil data for an API call, one relating to the "charge" counts to the left of the main queue icon.
* Arcane Mages added
* Fire Mages added
* Mini icons to display Interrupts/target dispel/player dispel/cooldowns
* More complicated rotations
* More configuration options
* Minor bug fixes, too numerous to mention
* Split main file into several files to ease management
* Elemental Shaman added
* The "Strictly no AoE" mode has been incorporated into the other modes, accessible by clicking on a key binding.
* The tables of rotations, spells and actions have been edited to facilitate expansion as well as to protect against trampling on other add-ons due to shared naming.
* The range estimation now never tests spells, only items. It took me a long time of experimenting to get the distances right and to hunt down the items.
* Previously stuck on "Automatic" due to carelessness.
* Perhaps some minor cosmetic bugs. I really forget. Nothing remarkable.