GoFish lets you double-right-click to fish, and enhances sound effects while fishing.
Fishing mode is automatically enabled when you mouse over a fishing pool, while you have a fishing pole equipped, or can be toggled using a keybind or slash command. Fishing mode is disabled if you enter combat or unequip a fishing pole, or after 10 seconds of no fishing activity if it was enabled via mouseover.
While in fishing mode, double-right-clicking anywhere on the game world casts Fishing, auto-loot is enabled, auto-interact is disabled, the sound effect volume is raised, and other volumes are lowered. When exiting fishing mode, your normal settings are restored.
GoFish does not support lures or other skill-enhancing items, as these are not neccessary or especially useful in Mists of Pandaria.
To toggle fishing mode manually, type "/gofish" or bind a key. To change options, type "/gofish options" or browse to the GoFish panel in the standard Interface Options window.
Post a comment. If you are reporting a bug, please include detailed instructions I can follow to reproduce the bug myself, whether or not it still happens when all other addons are disabled, and the exact text of the first related error message (if any) from Bugger.
Compatible with all locales. Translated into English, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Português, Русский, 한국어, 简体中文, and 繁體中文. Languages in italic are missing some translations.
To add or update translations for any language, enter them on CurseForge and then post a comment or send me a PM on either site to let me know you made changes. If you do not comment or PM me, your translations will not be included in the addon until I happen to notice them on my own, which may take months or even years since CurseForge doesn't notify me, so please don't forget that part!
GoFish was inspired by Ammo's FishermansFriend. The click-casting code borrows heavily from Torhal's Archy. Fish school name translations were copied from Kagaro's GatherMate2.
Version 22.214.171.124 (2015 Feb 26)
- Updated for WoW 6.1
- Fixed a bug allowing minimap tracking tooltips to activate fishing mode
Version 126.96.36.199 (2015 Feb 18)
- Updated fish pool translations for all languages
Version 188.8.131.52 (2014 Nov 30)
- Added Draenor fish pools (some translations missing)
Version 184.108.40.206 (2014 Oct 20)
- Fixed disabling auto-loot after fishing if it was off beforehand (why!?)
Version 220.127.116.11 (2014 Oct 16)
- Updated for WoW 6.0
- Fixed reversed on/off messages in some languages
Version 18.104.22.168 (2014 Jun 2)
- Fishing mode will no longer activate on mouseover while channeling Far Sight, Eye of Kilrogg, or similar effects
- Fixed an error for users whose game clients fail at retrieving and/or caching item info
Version 22.214.171.124 (2013 Nov 30)
- Fixed a possible error at startup if the mouse happened to be over a fish pool
- Updated German translations from ckaotik on CurseForge
- Updated for WoW 5.4
Version 126.96.36.199 (2013 Jul 17)
- Fixed deDE/zhTW localization conflict
Version 188.8.131.52 (2013 Jul 9)
- Updated for WoW 5.3
- Fixed disabling option to enhance sounds
- Added remaining "fish of the day" special pools
- Added zhTW translations from BNSSNB
Version 184.108.40.206 (2013 May 4)
- Added options for auto-activation and fishing sound levels
- Added Mixed Ocean School and Brew Frenzied Emperor Salmon
- Fishing mode will now be re-enabled automatically if your fishing pole is still equipped when you leave combat
Version 220.127.116.11-beta (2013 Apr 28)
- Fixed auto-loot toggling
- Added Crane Yolk Pool (seen during an Anglers daily quest)
- Added fish pool translations for all languages (some are incomplete)
- Reduced maximum double-click detection time from 0.4 seconds to 0.25 seconds
Version 18.104.22.168-beta (2013 Apr 22)
- First public release