TalentSwap scans your actionbars and macros for removed skills after changing talents.
If it finds any it replaces them (out of combat) with the newly selected talent from that tier (if it's an active skill).
Comment I was recently looking for an addon with this functionality because I got tired of dragging skills to my actionbars from the spellbook
and editing macros (or writing convoluted ones) every time I swapped a talent for a specific encounter.
I found a few; but either they didn't work for me or they did but I didn't like their implementation*.
TalentSwap has been tested with default actionbars and ElvUI, but it should work with any actionbar mod that doesn't create actionbar buttons from scratch.
I recommend Quick Talents as a nice companion addon for fast talent switching.
- /talentswap or /tswap for command-line help
- /tswap actions|macros (turns automatic actionbutton or macro updates on / off)
- /tswap doactions|domacros (manually updates pending actionbutton or macro replacements)
By default the addon will do it's job automatically and without user interaction if enabled.
I have tested it and used it quite extensively but doing regular backups of your \WTF folder is always recommended
(*) That doesn't mean mine is better it just means I like it better
- /talentswap or /tswap for help
- command-line options added for configuring separate automatic updates for actionbuttons and macros.
(default behavior: both)
- command-line options added for manually performing pending actionbutton or macro updates.
- toc update, compatible with WoW 5.4.0 "Siege or Orgrimmar"
- .toc update, compatible with 5.3 "Escalation".
- Fix bug reported by Tonyleila: failing to update actionbars when the player switches talents through the default interface and not an addon or macro.
- Improve detection of macro updates.
- Better refresh of Macro editor when the selected macro is updated due to talent change.
- Fix an initialization error when MacroUI hasn't yet loaded.