You will need the latest We Don't Wipe. After any AddOn instal or update always quit WoW completely. Relaunch WoW. Enjoy. See We Don't Wipe for any further information.
Other Available Modules
* Windwalker Monks Patch 6.1!
* Frost Deathknights 2H
* Frost Deathknights DW
* Frost Mages Patch 6.1!
* Fire Mages
* Enhancement Shaman
* Elemental Shaman
With more to come!
Arcane Mages have three 'Phases', executed in a cycle: Burn -> Replenish -> Conserve mana.
Some parts of the Burn and Conserve Phase are shared as "Common", below.
* Arcane or Dalaran Brilliance
* Arcane Power
* Prismatic Crystal
* Common (below)
* Arcane Blast spam
* Arcane Missiles if AM will expire before Evo completed
* 1 or 2 Supernova if mana < 94% and < 3xAM and sure to have 2xSN for AP
* Arcane Blast if mana > 93%
* Arcane Missiles if 4xAC and AM>0
* Arcane Barrage if 4xAC
* Arcane Blast filler
* Nether Tempest if 4xAC and buff expires < 3.6s
* Arcane Orb if AC < 2
* Presence of Mind (to buy milliseconds for Orb to hit)
* Mirror Images
* Arcane Missiles if 3xAM or expiring
General Rotation Notes
Sometimes, if you are unable to follow the rotation closely, certain abilities will just not be suggested in the queue. This is probably because preconditions to establish optimal use of the ability were not met. Additionally, some cool downs are very specific in terms of the movement/static nature of a fight, upcoming mobs, etc and so cannot be reliably included.
The selection of what to display for Cooldowns in the mini icon rows is a personal thing. I have thrown in some ideas but you should really customise for your liking. It is very possible to show a cooldown and yet to exclude it from appearing in the main rotation icons. This would avoid you being nagged, for example, to blow a major cool down on trash and just prior to a boss fight. Enter "/wdw coo" from chat.
Notes Specific to the Arcane Mage Module BURN commences when the Evo cooldown is below a threshold. The aim is to be down to 50% mana at exactly the time that Evo comes of CD.
Yup, impossible to predict so the module "learns" as it goes, starting at a low 15s. REPLENISH commences at 50% mana. Evo will be in queue position #1. Do it! CONSERVE occurs when Evo is on CD.
* Brilliance Buff *
Dalaran Brilliance / Arcane Brilliance bring a +10% Spell Power buff and +5% Crit buff to groups. This is better than a Shaman's Burning Wrath buff and does NOT overwrite the +10% Stamina of a Warlock's Dark Intent. If a BM Hunter is present then it shouldn't be choosing a pet to give the Still Water buff. Similar logic with respect to Crit buffs such as LotWT, LotP, FH, etc. Thus: Always cast AB/DB if it is not present (on yourself - to save checking everyone).
I encourage others to suggest their own ideas, perhaps even upload your own module if you have some LUA skills. I am happy to assist.
Modifiable Parameters New!
From the chat line, the following modifiable parameters can be adjusted by you. The values are saved between sessions.
/wdw amp burntimer=nn
'nn' is the time in seconds before Evocate comes off cooldown and is the ideal time to commence your burn phase. The default is 15 (seconds).
/wdw amp minmana=nn
'nn' is the ratio of current mana to maximum mana for which Evocate should be triggered. The default is 0.5 (i.e. 50%). Setting this too low will result in a never ending burn phase. Most players settle for 0.4 to 0.6.
/wdw amp train=x
Your Arcane Mage module can automatically learn the amount of time it takes for you to burn your mana down from 100% to 50%. Setting train=y will cause your 'burntimer' parameter to be adjusted automatically. A value of 'n' turns the training off.
Will list all modifiable parameters and their current values.
Updates & Favourites
Why not make We Don't Wipe - Arcane Mage a Favourite and/or use Minion?
Fun Stuff™ new!
At any time you may raise your arms high and command Storm, Earth and Fire. You indeed have the power of Go'el in your hands! Heed My Call™ with '/wdw sef' or '/wdw poth' in chat. Or say hello to yourself with '/wdw sal'. Enjoy!
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the Cookies & Beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend".
* Change 'sm' references to 'amp'
* Added special 'low mana' queue items for use during the Conserve phase
* Remove the Evocate icon from position #1 when mana is nearly full
* Included the new low mana logic in the 'bt' flag debug output
* Update TOC file for Patch 6.1
* Stand alone AddOn (requiring We Don't Wipe v4.00) but hopefully Wowinterface & Curse compatible
* Module confused between minMana parameter as a ratio or percentage.
(Thanks to wowinterface member Baine for noticing this)
* Retain duplicate AM tests BUT safeguard against FOUR AMs appearing in the queue
* Removed a small block of redundant code in the Evo routine (benign)
* Trained burnTimer was not saving between sessions. Doh!
* Redo Supernova logic for throttling SN while AP is on CD. Leaner + more precise
* Safety check to throttle Arcane Barrage for when player selects a burnTimer < 8s (Weird)
(Net effect of above is fewer superfluous SN icons, seemingly more Barrage)
* Warlords of Draenor updates - totally redone
* Version number update for Patch 6.0.3
* Removed old 'party' rotation due to errors
* Fixed programming error in the 'Levelling' rotation
* Added a conventional 'Single' target rotation
* Added an 'Alternative' single target rotation (inferior)
* Added Mana Gem code to all rotations. Should never really be needed
* Version number update for Patch 5.4
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com