Remember the old school Batman show where a swift punch to the gut resulted in a "POW!"? Well look no further, this project is aimed at recreating that fun style inside of your game! Actioncrits is an addon that was created to emulate the sound effect text used in comics and various comic related shows.
The original idea was conceived by my friend Weanii-Kil'Jaeden while streaming one day, so I took it upon myself to write it and get it working. So credit for this mostly due to her.
/ac white (Toggles the visitibility of text on white crits)
/ac yellow (Toggles the visibility of text on special crits)
/ac numbers (Shows the critical damage amount next to the text)
/ac reset (Resets all settings to standard [All white and yellow crits shown, no numbers])
This is just the first release of the addon and I have several updates planned for the near future, including;
- Options for scaling, available colors, custom words, and defining words for other combat parameters (Misses, blocks, etc.,)
- Graphical backdrops for the text to capture that awesome action feel!
- Possible sound effects (Don't want to overdo it so may make a separate module for it.
If you have any suggestions or further comments on this, please leave them for me and I'll address them when I can!
-Reworked slash commands.
- Added functionality for toggling white/special crits with (/ac white | /ac yellow | /ac reset).
- Added functionality to add damage to the text with (/ac numbers).
- Added basic slash commands. (/ac)
- Changed basic information when loading into the game.
- Created WoWInterface entry.
- Uploaded addon.
- Updated addon description.
- Attached working screenshot.