What is Perl Classic?
Perl Classic Unit Frames are a complete rewrite of the original mods by Perl. They replace the default Player, Pet, Target, Target of Target, Party, and Party Pet frames and add dedicated frames for many other units (Focus, Focus Target, Party Target, Target of Target of Target). It has been a high priority to maintain the look and feel or the original Perl mods while expanding functionality. The mod has been recoded for performance and is built around the Blizzard UI usage of events.
Q: I'm seeing double party buffs for some reason, what gives?
A: 99% of the time this is caused by CT_PartyBuffs. Simply remove the mod and you will return to having one set of party buffs.
Q: I am having massive dead spots for clicking on some of the unit frames, what's wrong?
A: This can be caused by a number of mods, but the most common seems to be CT_MovableParty. Please remove this mod as Perl can be moved without the use of this mod.
Q: The default party frames are showing up with red lightning bolts. What's going on?
A: As of version 1.503 of CT_RaidAssist this should no longer be caused by CTRA. The settings for this are now located in the WoW settings under Interface Options -> Basic -> Raid -> Hide Party Interface.
Q: Do you support ArcaneBar?
A: Yes, it is included in your download of Perl Classic.
Q: Will you be adding any features to Perl_PlayerBuff?
A: No, my coding for this mod goes as far as making sure it 'works.' If anyone would like to expand upon it, feel free to do so.
Q: Where are the raid frames?
A: As of 2.0 I no longer code raid frames for Perl Classic. Luckily, X-Perl's raid frames work great alongside Perl Classic. X-Perl's raid frames (and the unit frames themselves) can be found here: http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/3416/
Q: The scaling is all messed up! What do i do?
A: I recommend setting the scale to that of the UI if you are having issues. Open the options menu via "/perl" or the Black Pearl icon on the minimap and set the scale accordingly under the "All" tab.
Q: I am having an issue not listed in this FAQ, what can I do?
A: First, update *every* mod. I do not support ancient outdated and unmaintained mods. If you have double checked that everything is up to date, post on any of the Perl Classic mod pages and I'll be glad to help you narrow down the issue or give suggestions to help find a solution.
Q: Can you add this feature?
A: I'm sure it's possible, but the primary purpose of this mod is to 'modernize' the original Perl mod so that it doesn't slow your game down.
Mods that Perl Classic will take advantage of:
Clique - http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5108
Mods that take advantage of Perl Classic:
BeneCaster - http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=3606
7.02 - July 21, 2016
- CombatDisplay/Player: Shamans can now see their mana bar by enabling the Druid Bar option
- CombatDisplay/Player: Combo points correctly display
- Config: Corrected some color values for power bars
- Config: Removed some unused localizations
- Player: Added support for the Mage Arcane Charges frame
- Player: Converted all class resource frames to a new option
- Player: Removed all options for individual class resource frames
- Player: The Druid Bar option is now enabled by default
- Player: Adjusted the Death Knight Rune frame positioning
- Player: Adjusted the Paladin Power Bar frame positioning
- Player: Adjusted the Warlock Shard Bar frame positioning
7.01 - July 19, 2016
- All: Updated TOC Interface version to 70000
- All: Added support for Demon Hunters
- All: Standardized power bar colors
- Focus/PartyTarget/Pet/Target/ToT: Updated to new UnitIsTapDenied function
- Player: Updated the frame names for the Monk and Paladin class frames
- Player: The experience bar now maxes out at Level 110
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com