ImprovedErrorFrame lets you get more out of your error messages. It displays multiple errors and allows copying of error text.
With the new version of ImprovedErrorFrame, these errors are now queued up and can be viewed at your leisure with the click of a button. The error button is placed on the minimap and can be shift dragged to any other position around it.
Additional features include blinking notification, a notification sound, count of errors pending viewing and the ability to have the button displayed even when no errors are present.
Original ImprovedErrorFrame: Vjeux
ImprovedErrorFrame without FrameXML: AnduinLothar
For Slash command help type /ief.
/ief <SubCommand> [-1|0|1|on|off|toggle]
If invoked with no parameters, it will toggle the current state, which is also the same behaviour it does with -1 or toggle as parameters.
If it gets sent 0 or off as parameters, it will disable ImprovedErrorFrame and hide it.
If it gets sent 1 or on as parameters, it will enable ImprovedErrorFrame and show it.
notify - Enables/disables ImprovedErrorFrame.
blink - Button will blink when errors are pending view.
count - Displays error count on button.
always - Always show the error count button.
sound - Sound played upon notification.
empty - Button graphic will clear when blinking.
debug - FrameXML.log will be outputted in verbose mode (requires UI reload).
stack - Display the stack trace along with the error message.
- toc bump to 30100
- Commented out the ScriptErrors.Show hook so message() no longer causes stack overflow errors.
- Portfolio support (Portfolio included, but optional)
Thanks Gryphon for the update.
- Fixed button texts for WoW 3.0
- Fixed button texts for WoW 3.0
- Rearanged error handling so IEF can catch it's own OnLoad errors if there are any
- TOC to 20300
- Moved default minimap location to be between alphamap and zoom out.
- Updated toc with more metadata
- Fixed btg with manual hooking. Now uses get/seterrorhandler
- Prepared for Lua 5.1
- Fixed NormalText (depricated in 1.11)
- Added an option of capturing the stack trace along with the error
- Removed support for Comsos 1
- Widened the window to make stack trace more readable
- Fixed a small slash command error
- Changed addon folder and toc name to !ImprovedErrorFrame so that it always loads first (now that loading is alphabetical) to catch OnLoad errors.
- Updated file loading method to be in toc rather than xml.
- TOC to 1800.
- No longer requires Chronos for minimap button to flash. Instead uses the builtin UIFlashFrame.
- Fixed default value error for Cosmos Registration for Empty.
- Added XMLDebug, allows you to enable verbose FrameXML.log.
- TOC to 1500
- French Localization added thanks to Sasmira.
- Khaos registration changed slightly, no more queue choice, unchecking IEF does this now.
- convertRev now translates tables of revisions or passed strings.
- Added option for an empty button during flashing for easier count reading.
- German localization added Thanks to StarDust.
- Fixed issue with error text overlapping header.
- Added depedencies to Khaos Registration.
- Changed Report button to hide IEFF before calling OnClick, now hook order doesn't matter.
- Added a header to the IEFF so that its more obvious what it is.
- Resolved issue with multiple sounds from getting same error repeatedly as only error.
- Rechecked code and made compliant with new errorButtonActive setting.
- Changed Bug Count to Red.
- Fixed error sound for each error if minimap was open.
- Instead of rescheduling IEFNotify every time checks if present 1st.
- Always shown button now enables properly when error occurs.
- Fixed file pattern match to work on files with more than 1 period.
- Renamed ping.mp3 to ErrorSound.mp3 for more clarity.
- Fixed string.find in IEFSetOptions to work with 1 word commands.
- Fixed Always show to always show, even after camping when not using Cosmos/Khaos.
- Removed extraneous calls to ImprovedErrorFrame.change<blah> in Khaos commands.
- changeBlink/Count functions now are aware of button being disabled.
- Fixed Cosmos Registration.
- Added line and parsedErr to errorList.
- Fixed some state errors with toggles.
- Khaos Registration now working correctly.
- Added Khoas/Cosmos Registration if present.
- Added tooltip to ErrorButton.
- Added option to display count of errors.
- Added option to always have ErrorButton present (button is disabled if no messages).
- Added sound when 1st error notification occurs.
- Added option to disable sound.
- Added IMPROVEDERRORFRAME_REV variable.
- AddOn names/files are now stored in the errorMessageList.
- Added ability to turn off blinking on notification icon.
- Changed blinking to simply turning off/on highlight.
- Added localization strings.
- Streamlined the code a little.
- Uses Sky for slashCommand registration if present else default method.
- Added Report button back, only shows up if ImprovedErrorFrame.displayReportButton = true. Set this value if you want to be able to have people report errors.
- Added ImprovedErrorFrame_Report_OnClick() to be hooked by any AddOn that wants to know when the Report button was clicked, passes ImprovedErrorFrame.errorMessageList.
- Added slash command (/ief) to allow user to choose frame or button appearing on error.
- Restructured code.
- Error messages now reveal an error button rather than a popup on occurrence clicking on button shows frame with error messages.
- Error button flashes when shown, hidden if no bugs.
- Error button is mobile, orbits the Minimap Shift-Left Click to drag, Shift-Right Click to reset.
- Icons provided by Moonfire.
- Now adds a minimap button when errors are present, no more windows popping up every time you get an error. Click the button to view the errors. Use the menu or /ief for more options.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com