|Go to Page...|
Comments Parsed 3-7-08
Note: As of 2.0, this now has a GUI configuration menu. It has so many options they may take up your entire screen.
VitalWatch was a mod that was based on an older mod called HealthWatch , with the addition of watching mana as well as health, and a better notification frame. My version has almost no simularities to the old VitalWatch mod, as I have taken the concept far and beyond what it once was...
Now, what IS VitalWatch you ask? Well, simply put, VitalWatch alerts you to your own low or critical health or mana, or to a party member or pet's health, using any combination of a centered large font frame, emotes, sounds, and party messages. It's so simple, a picture would be useless as best it does is display a bit of text. It currently has these features:
- Displays a message at the top center of your screen in large font alerting you who (yourself, party members, pets) has low health.
- Message to party/raid/say (configurable) when you (or optionally another party member's health) are in low or critical health or mana.
- Voice Emote / Regular Emote automatically played ("healme", "helpme", "oom", etc.) when in low or critical health or mana.
- If not already using an emote, additionally a sound can be automatically played to alert you when you (or optionally another party member's health) have low or critical health and/or mana.
- Can also alert when party members, your pet, and party member pets have low/critical health with centered alert messages and/or a sound played. This can be toggled on/off.
- New in 1.2: Can spam a channel with the same messages you get at the top of the screen so you can wake that darn healer up! This can be toggled on/off, and is set to OFF by default (of course).
- New in 1.7: You can make the sides around your screen flash red for low/critical health or blue for low/critical mana.
- New in 1.7: You can enable a heartbeat-like sound which gets more rapid as you lose health.
- New in 1.9: You can now watch raid members as well as party.
- New in 2.0: A log of recent events, and a ballizion new options.
- New in 2.1: You can now enable sounds per event (critical and low health or mana) which say the class name in the sound itself.
- New in 2.2: Aggro watching!
Changes in v2.3
- Lots more bug fixes, mostly with aggro watching. I've been testing it, and it's pretty smooth now.
- You can now select to only watch party and/or raid, ignoring player, when watching aggro.
- The old system of disabling messages sent out to channel was brought over from when VitalWatch had only slash commands. I've added a much simpler system. You can now disable channel messages for each event type.
- You can now select frames from different addons to send the message frame alerts to. Your options are: SCT, MSBT, Blizzard's Floating Combat Text, and BigWigs.
Changes in v2.2
- After extensive testing of my own, many bugs have been quashed. Hopefully no more errors.
- Heartbeat sound effect should once again work.
- Added aggro gained/lost alerts via BanzaiLib. You can use message frame alerts, emotes, sounds, and chat messages reporting aggro. Aggro sounds can also be played which tell you which class has aggro.