After many painstaking hours of development and testing (huge thanks to all my friends that helped test!) my newest creation is ready for the general public.
This is a stand-alone addon that will display various debuff and timer related effects for a large number of spell and abilities. Each class has a supported set of spells, which will be listed later in this document. Using this addon does not require you to create macros for each of your spell or abilities. Just install and play as normal!
Non-Intrusive. Timer window is shown in the far right.
Works with numerous spells and abilities across all the classes.
No need for you to create macros of anything! Just use spells/abilities as normal!
The timer window can be moved and its position is saved for the next gaming session.
Timer window can list up to 8 timers in two horizontal rows that only show the spell icon and time remaining. Plus 8 timers in a single vertical row that show the spell icon, time remaining, target name, and the name of the ability/spell.
You can left-click on a specific timer to automatically target the named mob! (Note: This is inconsistant in PvE when multiple mobs have the same name, but great for PvP!)
You can shift-left-click on a specific timer to remove it from the timer window. This is useful if you have timers that do not automatically remove themselves.
TTSpellTimer will automatically modify the timer durations based on the rank of the spell cast!
TTSpellTimer will automatically modify the timer durations if you have points in the appropriate talents!
Each spell is highly configurable by using the settings interface, which can be reached through the slash command "/ttst".
Each timer can be individually enabled/disabled. (In the spell/ability list on the left side of the settings window, disabled spells/abilities are colored grey.)
Each timer can be configured to automatically post a message when it occurs. TTSpellTimer will only post a message once, first trying Emote, then Raid, then Party, then Yell, and finally Say. You can check/uncheck the appropriate options. If you uncheck all the options, no message will be posted.
Each timer can be configured to display the spell name and/or the target's name. If both of these option are unchecked, the timer will be layed out in one of the two horizontal rows.
Each timer can be configured to automatically be removed when you exit combat. Great for those debuffs that can last for minutes!
Warlock pets are now supported! Seduction and Spell Lock!
Shaman totems are now supported!
Hunter pets are now supported!
In the settings window is a new "General" option to modify a few addon wide settings.
You can now disable TTSpellTimer through the "General" option in the settings window.
You can now set the scaling for the timer window through the "General" option in the settings window.
You can now position the timer window without having a timer active. To do this, use the "Move Window" button in the "General" options. When moving the window, click and drag it to anywhere you want, then press "Done". The four buttons that appear at the corners when moving are to force the timer to grow in that direction. Just click the button before clicking "Done". For example: You move the window to the lower right corner of the screen and you want it to grow up and to the left. Just click the small button in the upper left of the timer window then click "Done".
Nearly a complete French localization! It still contains many bugs, but should work okay.
Warlock - Banish, Corruption, Curse of Agony, Curse of Doom, Curse of Exhaustion, Curse of Recklessness, Curse of Shadow, Curse of the Elements, Curse of Tongues, Curse of Weakness, Enslave Demon, Fear, Hellfire, Howl of Terror, Immolate, Inferno, Ritual of Doom, Ritual of Summoning, Siphon Life, Soulstone Resurrection, Unstable Affliction.
Spells with a casting time (eg. Howl of Terror, Soulstone) and spells that do not apply a debuff may sometimes display a timer even if you cancel the spellcasting. This is a limitation of how Blizzard implemented the event messaging for spells. It can be worked around, but is not easy, so I have chosen to not fix it for the moment.
The timer is very reliable solo, but can sometimes create timers for spells even though the spell was resisted. This is only occurs in large raids. At this time, it is easy for a user to work around this issue by just being aware of what abilites are resisted. I WILL have this fixed some day as soon as I find a method that I feel is reliable enough.
Cancelling some spells with ESC while a targeting cursor is up may result in a timer being created. (Ritual of Summoning is notorious for this. Still investigating a fix.)
Just install and use! Don't forget that using "/ttst" will bring up the settings window!
Please send or post any comments, bugs, or suggestions you have!
- Paladin seals and judgements.
- Hunter traps.
Q: The timer window doesn't seem to be appearing. What's the problem? A: Make sure that the addon is actually loaded. You can verify this by using the slash command "/ttst". If the TTSpellTimer Settings window does not appear then the addon was not properly loaded by WoW. A: It is possible that the timer window is appearing off screen and is working, but not visible. To reset the window location to its default position use this slash command "/ttst reset window".
Q: Is there a way to restore a spell's settings to the default settings? A: Yes there is! Use the following slash command to reset a specific spell's settings to its default values, "/ttst reset <spell name>". Example: "/ttst reset Howl of Terror" A: To reset all spells to their default settings use this slash command, "/ttst reset all".
- Updated .toc to the latest Blizzard interface version (20100).
- Minor bug fixes.
- Better reliability when detecting the application of spells. It will no longer create timers for resisted spells.
- New spells/abilities: Redemption, Resurrection,
- Fixed combo modifier problem with Rupture.
- Attempted to fix problems with Spell Lock and Seducion. If you continue to have problems, let me know!
- Timers should now have the proper target name when using click-casting! Let me know (in detail) if you continue to see problems in this area.
- Some debugging code made it into the 1.21.20000 release. I've now removed that.
- Various bugs fixed which were caused by the update to WoW 2.0.
- Updated .toc to the latest Blizzard interface version (20000).
- Updated to work with WoW client 2.0!
- Many new spells added and bugs fixed!
- Updated .toc to the latest Blizzard interface version (11200).
- New feature: Optional progress bars for timers!
- New feature: Post messages to a custom channel!
- New feature: Optional display of tenths of a second for timers!
- Bug fix: Distract should now work properly.
- Version 1.15.11100 was inadvertently released with a new feature that wasn't yet completed. That new feature is displaying tenths of a second when the time remaining on a timer is less than 1 minute. While the feature does work, it has a few bugs and there is no way to change it back to the default display. This new update changes it back to the default until this new feature is complete and ready for distribution.
- Fixed the bug with Polymorph and Shackle Undead not updating their timers when a target was re-polymorphed or re-shackled before it broke from the previous effect.
- Fixed a problem with CastSpellByName not working if the "self" parameter was specified as "true".
- Corrected the durations for many Shaman totems.
- Added Reincarnation for the Shaman.
- Made sure that the Mage spells Polymorph: Pig and Polymorph: Turtle work properly.
- Update for the lastest WoW patch 1.11.
- Bug fixes to correct stuff that was broken because of patch 1.11.
- Bug fix for saving the position after it's been moved. Thanks Hshh!
- Added Rogue's Kidney Shot and Rupture. Thanks Hshh!
- Complete Simplified Chinese localization. Huge thanks to Hshh!
- This should fix consistancy problems people have been having ever since WoW patch 1.10. Many times, the addon would stop working when doing this that would force a load, like zoning.
- Gah, fix another bug that causes first time users to not have the addon enabled by default.
- Instant cast spells were not working as of WoW v1.10. Now fixed. I have no idea how I missed something this large. My apologies to every that has download an update again.
- New supported spells.
- Can now hide the timer background.
- Can now move the timer window without having an active timer.
- Spell/Actions cast from macros should now be timed properly.
- Bad upload. Use v1.08.11000
- Hunter pets are now supported!
- The timer window can now be scaled!
- You can now disable TTSpellTimer completely from the settings window!
- Fixed a bug with Grounding Totem.
- I missed the Tranquil Air Totem in the previous release. It has now been added.
- Shaman totems are now supported!
- Fixed a bug that was exposed by using chat addons (eg ChatEx)
- Fixed a bug where some timers would stop appearing after a while.
- Fixed a bug where casting a debuff on top of the safe debuff (Corruption on top of Corruption) would not create a timer for the second casting.
- Made sure that Shadow Word: Pain was taking talents into account.
- Fixed bug when using ALT+number to target self.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes a timer would appear without a target name. This bug was most apparent with spells that had a casting time.
- Updated the Insect Swarm icon to be the new icon Blizzard created for patch 1.9.
- Added Emote auto-chat feature.
- Added warlock pet abilities.
- Fixed an error on login when the user had moved the spell timer window to another location.