Have you ever wanted to tell your friends about some impressive loot you saw another adventurer using? Share your regret about the quest reward you foolishly didn't choose? Spread word to your guild of what your raiding party found? Now you can do so easily with my latest gizmo! Not only does it help you keep track of all the items you encounter, Linkerator makes it super-easy to tell your friends about them in full detail!
Automatically remembers item links you come across (some of which you might not even see!)... in chat channels, in your inventory and bank, on other players, in loot messages, etc. (Unlike some addons which do this, Linkerator doesn't keep a database of full names for all items; for most items, it just makes sure your WoW client caches the data.)
Allows you to insert an item link in chat by merely typing its name in brackets. (i.e., type `/g [swift razzashi raptor]` to send a message to your guild with a clickable link for the mount they likely won't see often.)
Since there are some cases of different items which have the same name, you can type the name followed by something distinctive about the item in parentheses (e.g. `[punctured voodoo doll (druid)]` or `[warblade of the hakkari (off)]`) if you're looking for a specific match -- you can use any item attribute that shows up in that item's tooltip. (This only works if the variant you're looking for is in your WoW client's cache, however.) Alternately, if you know the item ID of a specific item, you can type it in brackets (preceded by a pound sign) to link it (e.g. `[#18473]` to get the Hunter variant of [Royal Seal of Eldre'thalas]).
YYou can also retrieve stored links via various `/link` chat commands.
Note: I created Linkerator as a replacement for LootLink/ItemsMatrix/KC_Items/etc. for myself because I never used the features of such addons that allow you to search for items based on their attributes. (So, keeping those addons installed meant I was using up a lot of memory with data I'd never search.) The only think Linkerator does that other link-database addons generally don't is allow you to type out links in chat... given that I donĚt use other link-database addons, I'm not particularly interested in adding this feature to them -- bug their authors if you want to use those addons and get the link-typing feature. They're welcome to borrow my code for it.
v. 3.2 - 2009/08/04
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.2.
- Fixes an error message which could appear when sending chat messages.
v. 3.1 - 2009/04/18
- Updated TOC to indicate compatibility with WoW Patch 3.1.
- Linkerator now avoids performing CPU-intensive link searches on text sent to chat by macros or other addons if the text in brackets is only a number (e.g. `Hateful Strike --> Grunkk `). To "linkify" by item ID number in a macro, use the format `[item:43593]` or `[#43593]`.
- We also no longer attempt to "linkify" text sent to custom chat channels (such as the hidden channels used by some other addons).
- Fixed an issue where Linkerator would sometimes fail to avoid "linkifying" text in certain chat commands (e.g. `/script`) as intended.
v. 3.0.1 - 2008/10/22
- Fixes an error when attempting to type links in chat.
v. 3.0 - 2008/10/14
- Updated for compatibility with WoW Patch 3.0 and Wrath of the Lich King.
- It's now possible to retrieve item links given a known item ID (using `/link <number>`) even if the item is not in your client's local cache. Items unknown by the server will return no results.
- Includes preliminary support for spell links -- they're now returned in `/link` search results but not for as-you-type linking. More spell, talent, quest, and achievement link features will follow in future releases.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com