EkRaidAttend's job is to record the names of the people in a raid at a given time. It can do this automatically based on a timer or when a boss is killed, or it can be done manually by you at any time. It can also record the main character name of a player if they were playing the game using an alternate character at the time. You can have the addon record only the names of the people in the current zone, and you can choose whether to record the names of players that are offline.
Once an attendance list has been saved by the addon, you can copy it to the addon's notepad. By selecting the text in the notepad and pressing Ctrl-C, you can copy the character names to the Windows clipboard. The contents of the clipboard can then be pasted into an input form on a DKP web page, or pasted into a text editor, etc. There are also buttons that will let you remove duplicate names, remove non-guildmember names, and sort the names. You can also create an intersection of attendance lists that contains only the names of the people that were on each of the selected lists.
If you have the EkWaitList addon installed, then EkRaidAttend can record the names of the people that are on the wait list, either as a separate attendance list, or combined with the names on the main attendance list.
If you have the CT_RaidAssist addon installed, then EkRaidAttend can record the names of the people in the /raresist, /raitem, and /radur windows. This could be used to reward people who meet certain minimum resistances, bring certain quantities of items, etc.
For more detailed information about this addon refer to the index.html file that is included with the addon.
For a list of commands refer to the included manual.html file, or type: /ekattend help
To open the addon's UI window type: /ekattend
Version 5.02 (2012-09-01)
- Fixed an error when entering a battleground.
Version 5.01 (2012-08-28)
- Updated for WoW 5.
- Version number increased to match the game's major version number.
- Fixed a display issue with the the lower menu buttons.
- Added "Mogu'shan Vaults" bosses.
- Added "Pandaria" bosses.
- Added "Terrace of Endless Spring" bosses.
Version 2.91 (2011-11-28)
- Updated for the WoW 4.3 patch.
- Added boss names for Dragon Soul.
- Added Alizabal as a Baradin Hold boss.
Version 2.90 (2011-11-06)
- Added detection of Ragnaros' defeat in The Firelands.
Version 2.89 (2011-06-28)
- Updated version numbers for the WoW 4.2 patch.
- Added boss names for The Firelands.
- Added Occu'thar as a Baradin Hold boss.
- Updated to handle changes Blizzard made in the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED event arguments.
- Added handling of player names containing UTF8 encoded characters (accents, etc).
Version 2.88 (2011-04-26)
- Updated for the WoW 4.1 patch.
- Updated to handle a change Blizzard made in the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED event arguments.
- Added Cataclysm raid bosses.
Version 2.87 (2010-10-12)
- Updated for the WoW 4.0.1 patch.
Version 2.85 (2010-06-16)
- Added "Ruby Sanctum" heading and bosses.
- Added "Icecrown Citadel" heading and bosses.
- Added "Trial of the Crusader" heading and bosses.
- Added "Koralon the Flame Watcher" to "Vault of Archavon".
- Added "Toravon the Ice Watcher" to "Vault of Archavon".
Version 2.84 (2009-12-08)
- Updated for the WoW 3.3 patch.
Version 2.83 (2009-08-14)
- Updated for the WoW 3.2 patch.
Version 2.82 (2009-05-14)
- Added Ulduar bosses.
- Added code to detect the defeat of Thorim, Hodir, Freya, and Mimiron in Ulduar.
- Added Vault of Archavon bosses.
- Added Obsidian Sanctum bosses.
- Added Eye of Eternity boss.
Version 2.81 (2009-04-13)
- Updated for the WoW 3.1 patch.
- The option to add targeted bosses to the boss list no longer adds friendly bosses.
Version 2.80 (2008-10-13)
- Updated for the WoW 3.0.2 patch.
- Added tooltip options.
- Added Sunwell Plateau boss names.
- Added option to automatically add new bosses that you target.
Version 2.70 (2008-03-26)
- Updated for the WoW 2.4.0 patch.
- Updated mob death detection to work with the new combat log changes.
- Restored the standard UI window behaviour that was disabled in EkRaidAttend version 2.69.
Version 2.69 changes (2007-11-14)
- Updated for the WoW 2.3.0 patch.
- Added the Zul'Aman bosses.
- Added a "Difference" button to the attendance lists window. Clicking this button will copy to the notepad those names that are in only one of the selected lists. Shift-Clicking this button will copy to the notepad those names that are not in all of the selected lists.
- Updated the history.html and manual.html files.
- Due to issues with Blizzard's UIPanel-system code (they are looking into it), I have temporarily changed the addon window so that it does not behave like a standard UI window. This just means that it will no longer shift left/right when other UI panels are opened, such as the social or character windows. This change does not affect people that have this addon's "movable window" option enabled.
Version 2.67 changes (2007-09-29)
- Updated for the WoW 2.2.0 patch.
- Fixed some notepad highlighting and cursor positioning issues introduced by the 2.2 patch.
- Added some tests for nil player names to prevent an error message when attendance is taken.
- Fixed a potential display issue with the raid members window used for attendance screenshots.
Version 2.66 changes (2007-09-07)
- Fixed problems related to the option that displayed Blizzard's standard raid window when taking an attendance screenshot.
If you had this option enabled, the raid window may not have appeared in your attendance screenshots if you were in combat when the screenshot was taken. If you had an error reporting addon installed, you may also have seen some ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED messages.
To avoid these issues with the current raid window, I have created an alternate raid members window that will be used when the screenshot is taken. The new window will appear in the same location as your EkRaidAttend window, even if that window is closed at the time.
Version 2.65 changes (2007-08-04)
- Fixed an error that would occur when you opened page 2 of the options window.
- If you are recording attendance using main names, it will now check if there is more than one person in the raid/waitlist that has the same main name. If there is a conflict then their actual names will be recorded rather than their main names. Prior to this change, if multiple people had the same main name then only one of those players would be recorded in the attendance list.
- If you are recording attendance using main names and a main name conflict is detected, a list of those conflicts will be displayed in the chat window after the attendance is recorded.
- The "Main name" and "Record" buttons in the notepad now check for main name conflicts amongst the names in the notepad.
- Now sorts the player names that are shown in the chat window when an attendance is taken.
- A reminder message is now displayed in the chat window when you have more than 500 attendance lists. The message will only be displayed once every 100 or more attendances, and only if there are more than 500 attendance lists at that time. The message reminds you how many lists you have and how to open the attendance lists window.
- Added an option to disable the message reminding you how many attendance lists you have.
- Added Karazhan and Hyjal Summit bosses.
- If you right click on a section heading in the boss options window, it will now select or unselect all of the bosses in that section.
- Finished localizing the text strings.
Version 2.62 (2007-06-04)
- Updated for the WoW 2.1.0 patch.
- Removed boss: Lord Kazzak in Blasted Lands.
- Added boss: Doom Lord Kazzak in Hellfire Peninsula.
- Added boss: Doomwalker in Shadowmoon Valley.
- Added boss: Magtheridon in Magtheridon's Lair.
- Added bosses for Gruul's Lair.
- Added bosses for Serpentshrine Cavern.
- Added bosses for the Eye.
- Added bosses for the Black Temple.