WIM (WoW Instant Messenger) is a World of Warcraft addon which helps you to manage your whispers by making them into a classic instant messenger interface such as AIM, Yahoo and MSN.
With game play in mind, WIM has a large array of options where you can customize how WIM interacts during different situations, such as while you are in combat or in town talking to friends or selling your crafts.
Some of WIM's major features are:
-Tabbed or windowed messages
To keep up to date with WIM and its developement, be sure to visit http://www.wimaddon.com. WIMAddon.com is a great place to converse with the developers and users of WIM.
*I welcome all comments and suggestions. It is the wow community which helps in creating a success.
**Special thanks to everyone who has helped me test this addon.
* Fixed URL Handler. Blizz removed WideEditBox. Thanks Astaldo.
* New W2W protocol. Produces less addon traffic. Not backwards compatible.
* Updated WIM's tutorial system to match WoW's new tutorial system.
* Updated default skin to use same font as friends list. Was issue with international names.
* Added BNet Conversation support.
* Added option to force sounds when game sound is disabled (General/Main).
* Added Wowhead profile link.
* Fixed error some encountered with db and Expose on load.
* Added 'Enable/Disable Expose' to Minimap Icon's context menu.
* Changed window clamp to screen defaulted to on instead of off.
* Added Raid announcements/warnings to raid chat.
* Updated libChatHandler-1.0 to catch mal-formed filter functions.
* Added option to group chat windows with whisper windows.
*Animation system now part of WIM namespace preventing local/global confusion.
*libChatHandler-1.0 no longer hooks the Default ChatFrame reducing tainted objects.
*Created API to handle custom SetItemRef calls - Eliminated large cause of taint plaguing.
*Includes a revised version of libWho-2.0. Eliminates tainting of FriendsFrame.
*Updated TOC to 3.3
*Added party event handling for new CHAT_MSG_PARTY_LEADER.
*Updated WIM to work with the new tutorial system.
+Added 'Windows Settings' option 'Clamp window to screen'.
+Added new WIM Module API Events (OnWindowLeaveScreen, OnWindowEnterScreen).
+Added new Module - Track windows when dragged off the screen.
* Fixed bug which caused arithmetic error in ClickControl.lua.
* Added scroll bars to WIM's sound option menus (More adaptations to come).
* Updated French translations. (Thank you vibé)
* Updated various libraries.
* Added option '<Tab> to advance tell target.' (Thank you Nathan)
* Added WIM API RegisterPreSendFilterText(function).
* Added option to World & Custom channels to disable sounds.
* Fixed bug in History Viewer when viewing blocked users.
* Added class selection to level filter.
* Added option to Expose to delay if currently typing.
* Added World Frame Click Detection. You can now click out of a WIM window.
* Fixed bug when editing filters. Changes saved even though user clicked 'Cancel'.
* Fixed bug -- Wasn't updating args from message event filters.
* Added Name/Class colorizing to names in chat.
* Added Message Format option 'Bracket names.'.
* Removed isPrivateServer restriction from W2W (/wim addon_messages)
* Modified replyTellTarget hook's behavior (Thank you Stewart)
* Updated Russian translations (Thank you Stingersoft)
* Updated to include new LibWho-2.0 fixing Shift-Clicking problems.
* Updated TOC for 3.2
* Added HTML history view/export.
* Optimized Negotiation Module to significantly reduce addon spam.
* Channel counts weren't updating properly.
* Fixed bug in history viewer. Messages from some realms couldn't be deleted.
* Pushed update to update outdated libraries.
* Rearranged WIM's options. Sounds & History are now in category Whispers.
* Revised BBCode export to avoid nested color tags. Thank you Stewart.
* Added credits menu to options. A lot of people deserve a big thanks.
* Updated LDB Module to behave the same as the minimap icon.
* Emoticons are no longer parsed in BBCode History View.
* New Chat Engine! Disabled by default. See WIM's Options (/wim).
* *Fixed some resizing issues.
* Fixed bug when seperating tabs.
* Fixed bug with W2W tooltip - version information.
* When sending messages, priorities are now set to ALERT in ChatThrottleLib.
* Fixed db indexing errors occurring on load.
* Revised the UI for Window Behaviors.
* Updated isPrivateServer check to account for battle.net accounts.
* Removed April Fools Joke.
* Windows no longer close when zoning or opening world map.
* Added option to only activate expose while inside of an instance.
* Added version to w2w tooltip.
* Expose respects window animation setting.
* Added option to enable/disable Expose border (defaulted off).
* Changed the order of some items in the Minimap Dropdown Menu.
* Fixed bug where Expose wouldn't place windows correctly.
* Added Up, Down, Left, Right animation directions for Expose.
* Fixed animation when window is in TOPRIGHT and BOTTOMRIGHT corners.
* Added section for WIM in Blizzard's keybinding interface.
* Added 'Expose' feature as well as options (combat & visual).
* Fixed they way modules were being handled when WIM enabled is toggled.
* Added Enable/Disable WIM to Minimap right-click menu.
* Removed <GM> tag from GM's names & fixed error when whispering a GM.
* Fixed bug when splitting long messages. Thanks blazeflack.
* Options & History window now toggle on and off if called more than once.
* Fixed various bugs in the Socket & Compression Sources.
* View changelog before you upgrade WIM. Changelog shared with friends.
* Added Profile links (example: wowarmory). Right Click location button.
* Updated translations for ruRU, zhCN, zhTW.
* Added BBCode formatting to history.
* Fixed possible bug with message event filters.
* Added context menu management system.
* Added minimap icon right mouse click menu.
* Modules were getting loaded on startup regardless of their settings.
* Fixed a bug where tabs would be updated incorrectly.
* Fixed freeze/lockup bug when switching tabs.
* Added <Right-Click> drop down menu to window's text box.
* Added emoticons to the drop down menu.
* Added recently sent messages to drop down menu.
* Added koKR translation. (thank you BlueNyx).