This is a relatively simple modification of the minimap to allow adjustment of the shape, transparency, visibility of certain default buttons, scroll-wheel zooming, and an added coordinates display.
Right-click anywhere on the mini-map to display the options menu.
Special thanks to weasoug for allowing me to use the movers code from wMmap.
Tested in WoW 4.2, updated TOC.
Cleaned up refactoring that is still in progress.
The mover handles are now centered in each frame that can be moved, and the reset command resets the position of each frame instead of just the minimap.
Added a mover to the minimap itself. This seems to have stopped the wandering.
Added additional code for hiding the clock.
Added proper movers to the frames attached to the minimap, so now you should be able to move the quest watcher anywhere you want it. I'll be adding more of these frame movers as I discover them, please feel free to let me know what's missing (including the name of the frame) and I'll add it. Included now are the quest watcher, the vehicle seat, the trouble ticket, and the durability frames.
Version 2.9.4 beta
Added a toggle for hiding the quest watcher, by request
Fixed the tracker button toggle
Cleaning up the code; preparing to move to a newer framework
Version 2.9.3 beta
Hopefully fixed all of the issues caused by the new clock (this includes other toggle settings not working on load)
Version 2.9.2 beta
Fixed the wheel-scroll bug
Added a toggle for the clock
Version 2.9.1 beta
Updated the library preventing the menu from displaying.
Added scale option for the quest Watch Frame.
CAUTION: Don't move the tracker to the left side of the screen, it causes some weird behavior when zoning, reloading the UI, etc.
Version 2.9 beta
Updated to WoW 4.0.1.
The quest tracker is scaled to 75%, this is not configurable yet.
The quest tracker is movable when the minimap is not locked. The position is not yet saved, sorry.
Please report any bugs you come across. I've tested these changes for a few days on the PTR and on the Cata beta, but I'm sure I haven't run across all possible uses.
Removed the MinimapToggleButton:Hide() line that was causing an error.
Updated the TOC and libraries.
Removed the ability to move the minimap buttons. Please try out the various addons available to see which one suits you. I personally am using DetachedMiniMapButtons.
Added a very basic "who pinged" option. This can be disabled in the options menu.
Added toggles for the Tracking and Mail buttons to the option menu
Changed the default scale value to 1.0 from 1.25
I think I've finally got the standard minimap buttons all working again, including the ability to reposition the tracking button. Please let me know if you run into any errors.
Hopefully this release fixes the Eject and QuestWatch frames. Also updated the toc to 3.2
Thanks to fyrye's suggestion, the default quest tracker is now movable again. I also removed the WoWMatrix dat file from the zip, sorry about that. :o
Quick update, fixing some of the issues reported recently (like the strata state not being saved) and making it compatible with 3.1
This is a library update only. Tested on live, the PTR and the WotLK beta and works 100% on all three.
Updated TOC and libs, Chinese language added by a kind ACE user.
Updated tracking button (Blizz changed it's name), updated TOC and ACE libs
Added options for moving the coordinates to the top of the minimap
Added slider for changing the strata of the minimap
Oops, I uploaded an old version the other day, sorry about that. This is the most recent version, same notes as below.
Added two new slash commands: "/rmm hide" and "/rmm show". Hide makes the minimap group hide, and show brings it back.
Patch 2.2 added code to prevent frames from moving off screen. This enhanced RicoMiniMap so the off-screen issues should no longer occur. Changing the size of the minimap now works much better because of this.
Tested against patch 2.2, updated TOC
- Added a toggle for the GameTime button
- Added a slider for the zone text position
- The Quest Tracker is now dragable when the minimap is unlocked, position is saved per character.
- Zone text moved back up a bit.
NOTE: The 2.1 patch from Blizzard appears to have added code that prevents frames from being dragged off-screen. This code seems to be preventing the Quest Tracker from being moved to the right edge of the screen. I can't do anything about that.
Also, the new rotate minimap feature in the 2.1 patch is only useful if you use the round shape.
- Updated TOC
- Moved zone text down a bit so it doesn't interfere as much with icons along the edge of the map
- Added option to toggle the minimap border
- Added option to turn off the options menu when right-clicking the minimap
- Added a slash command to re-enable the options menu: /rmm menu
- Changed the scale increment from 25% to 1%
- Added compatibility with MiniMapShape() - This gives minimap shape awareness to other addons, so Cartographer's icons know where the borders are, or FuBar buttons can stay on the edge, etc.
- Added code that hopefully prevents Titan Panel from moving the minimap.
Fixed the zip, again.
The minimap associated frames (quest timer, etc) are now draggable when the minimap is not locked.
Added a new slash command "/rmm reset" that will move the minimap to the middle of the screen. This should help fix the issue when the minimap is expanded off the screen (causing the ugly clown up minimap). I'm still trying to figure out how to prevent that. :(
Update: Note sure what happened. The zip that ended up here is not the same one I uploaded. Trying again, hope it works this time.
Fixed the error when toggling the coordinate tenths, and made the coordinate frame a bit wider.
I've made some big behind-the-scenes changes in this version, please read all of these notes.
- Removed FuBar code, there's no need for a minimap button anymore, and that's all I was using FuBar for.
- The position settings are now saved by the UI in the layout cache. Because of this, the minimap initially positions itself in the middle of the screen. I don't want to "fix" this because until you position the minimap the UI doesn't save anything.
- /rmm config or right-clicking the minimap brings up the config menu.
- The first option in the config menu is now "Lock".
- - When this is unchecked, the minimap can be dragged to any position on the screen.
- - The standard minimap buttons can also be dragged around when lock is unchecked. The buttons hug the border of the minimap no matter what shape is selected, but changing shapes doesn't snap out of position buttons (you have to drag them a little). I'm kind proud of this! :)
- - Because the minimap is draggable now, the top gap and right gap options have been removed from the config menu.
The quest timer, quest watcher and durability paper doll frames are not yet draggable.
The tracker button is big again, when it's resized to match the other buttons, the scale is off for moving it. I'm working on a solution.
As always, let me know if you run into any issues.
- Fixed the FuBar issue
- Added a reset slash command, to reset everything to the defaults
- Added a transparency option. Note that transparency of the minimap has issues if you're not "outdoors" so the minimap automatically sets itself back to 1 if you go into a location the game considers to be indoors. Once to go back to an outdoor area, the transparency is set back to your choosen value.
NOTE: This addon is not currently compatible with Detached Minimap Buttons. The problem lies with DMB's code; see the changelog for that mod and note all of the specific changes the author has had to make for other minimap mods. I've asked the author to take a look at adding a fix to his mod for RMM too. :)
In the near future, I plan to make the standard minimap buttons dragable and I'm experimenting with making the entire minimap cluster dragable too. Don't ask when it'll be ready, I'm taking a tiny break from coding so I can actually play the game again. :P
Added an option in the config menu for toggling the world map button on/off
Fixed the coordinates text so it's on the same layer as the minimap
Made some changes to the way I'm moving the minimap around
Warning: When FuBar is loaded, the minimap sometimes moves to a random location near the middle of the screen (this doesn't happen when FuBar is disabled). If this happens to you, just open the config menu and mouse down to the Gap options, the minimap will move back where it's supposed to be (which is weird all by itself) and stay there for the rest of the session. I don't know why this happens, but I thought it was minor enough that I should release this version with the requested fixes rather than hold off while I figure out what FuBar is doing to my minimap.
Moved the mail button so it doesn't overlap the battlegrounds button. I'm using Soren's suggested coordinates, since I don't play BG's much at all. :)
I fixed the problems with ACE libraries when this was the only ACE addon in use.
I added the ability to move the coordinates text below the minimap.
- When it's below the minimap it has a background.
- When the minimap shape is rounded bottom left, the coordinates are shifted to the right, otherwise they're centered.
- The zoom buttons overlap the coordinates when they're below the minimap, so don't do that. :D
I've also replaced the temporary square minimap image with one of my own.
This has been tested with no other addons enabled, and with all of the addons I use enabled, and no errors have popped up for me. I've added everything I plan to add, so unless someone has a bug to report, this one is done. ;)
All ACE libraries now included, so no more error messages if no other ACE addons are loaded. I've also added options for a fully square and the default round shapes. The square minimap is a temporary borrow from the "simpleMiniMap" mod - I'll replace it with one of my own once I get the blp tools working.
Finally updated for 2.0 patch, with a new FuBar config menu and other ACE enhancements:
Toggle showing your location value
Toggle showing the name of the zone you're in
Toggle showing the zoom buttons
Choose the size of the minimap from 50% to 150% in 25% increments
Choose the top gap in 2 pixel increments
Choose the right gap in 2 pixel increments
Enables mouse wheel zooming
Hides the other fluff around the minimap and snugs it up against the top right corner
Settings are saved universally, not per character or server.