This small addon allows the user to customize the tooltips displayed when mouseovering macro icons in an action bar. Without this addon, the base UI would only show the name of the macro.
You can install it by extracting the folder to your addon folder, as any other addon.
Tooltips for character-specific macros and for account macros are now saved separately. The new behavior can be summed up by this example:
- You have 3 characters: Alice, Bob and Charlie,
- You have a shared macro called "Mount" that Alice uses,
- Bob and Charlie both use a custom "Mount" macro, not the shared one.
What happens is that Alice will see the macro tooltip set for the shared version. Bob will see the macro tooltip for his personal Mount macro, and so will Charlie.
- 2 macros with the same name in the same category (character/account) will have the same tooltip
Please post about any bug you encounter and I will try to fix them as soon as I can. I am too lazy to spend hours testing my addons, so there are sometimes minor bugs in odd situations that I do not know about.
- bug fix: an already customized tooltip no longer sometimes disappears from the editbox when you click it to start editing it
- another bug fix: renaming a macro no longer generates a lua error
- tooltips for character-specific macros are stored per character, independently from account-wide macros
- unused tooltips are now deleted
- changing a macro's name will not make the user lose the tooltip associated to the macro
- corrected a bug in v1.3 where the macro tooltips would not show correctly until the macro window had been opened at least once after each login or /rl
- fixed for the 3.2 client of the game
- some of the code is only executed when the macro frame is opened for the first time
- included a GUI linked to the build-in macro frame
- removed the "/run" commands
- updated the .toc so that LayMacroTooltip isn't shown as "out of date" anymore
- restructured the whole code
- minor change allowing a better display of long texts (automatic text wrap)
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com