|Go to Page...|
This addon modifies the game tooltip to provide some very specific changes. These changes include changing its background color based on the mouseover unit's reaction to you (red for hostile, yellow for neutral, green for friendly, blue for non-PvP-flagged players). It also colors both the first line and, if the unit is guilded, the second line a shade of yellow to emphasize them. Additionally, it removes the "PvP" line from the tooltip, and adds a line showing the name of the unit which the mouseover unit has as a target. By default, the tooltip is located in the exact middle of the screen, but can be moved to a new location with simple slash commands ("/nitt"). You can even opt to have the tooltip follow your mouse cursor instead of remaining in a fixed location ("/nitt cursor").
Feedback and Inquiries
I welcome feedback for any of my addons, including this one. However, if the feedback is a bug report or feature request, please use the methods on this page (the "Bugs" and "Features" buttons below the "Download" button in the top right) to alert me, instead of posting in the "Comments" section of this page, as it will take me longer to reply to you if you post there. For feedback or inquiries not related to bugs or features, such as information about translating this addon to another language or a request for a detailed explanation of a certain bit of code, please contact me directly via one of the methods listed in the "Preamble" section of my author portal's introduction text. Following these guidelines will ensure that I read and reply to your message.
History of Changes
See the readme file in this addon's folder, or my author portal, for an explanation of the versioning system.
- Updated to account for the addition of guild name to the default tooltip in 2.1.
- Changed TOC number to 20100.
- Now uses the EventsManager library to register events, increasing efficiency.
- Fixed the error that occurred when mousing over a unit in the raid window or a unit's pullout frame.
- Ambiguated the tooltip modification function so that it no longer explicitly references GameTooltip. It can now be used for other tooltips by passing the tooltip object as the second argument.
- Efficiency improvements via a bit more caching and a change from getglobal function calls to a direct indexing of the global environment.
- Fixed an inconsistency in the compatibility code that prevented the addon from working properly on non-expansion clients.
- Rewritten for efficiency and for compatibility with The Burning Crusade. To use this addon in classic WoW, just check the "Load out of date AddOns" box at the addons selection screen.
- Added the ability to relocate the tooltip with various slash commands ("/nitt").
- Changed TOC number to be compatible with 1.12 patch.
- Abstracted the "Civilian" and "Leader" strings so that that part of the tooltip modification function will work in any locale.
- Updated with readme, new programming paradigm, framework for localization, and full compatibility with the 1.11 patch.
- Renamed from NichTooltips to NicheTooltips.
See the readme file in this addon's folder for earlier changes.