Possessions keeps track of gold and items across all of your characters on each server. Its primary utility comes from being able to use a slash command to instantly show you where you already possess an item on the server without cluttering your tooltips all the time.
/poss - Open the possessions window
/poss text - Open Possessions and search for "text"
/poss [Item Link] - Open Possessions and search for the item linked
/poss -clear name - Clears all stored data for the character or guild named "name" on the current realm.
/poss -updatetypes - Queries the server for all item types and subtypes in existence to be used in the "All types and subtypes" dropdown. Using this command may cause your game to freeze for a moment while it processes. This should be particularly useful for non enUS users. It is most useful when you have lots of items cached, so not immediately after a patch has cleared your cache.
Item Link Storage:
For any character on your account, Possessions stores worn items, items in your inventory, in your keyring, in the bank, in the inbox, and in the the Guild Bank. It also keeps track of the bags themselves! Of course, you must log in to each character at least once to store their worn items, their inventory, and their keyring contents. In order to track bank contents, you must visit the bank. Possessions stores the items that are in your character's inbox any time you open your inbox. It also stores any items that you mail to one of your alts that Possessions recognizes.
Possessions keeps track of how much money each of your characters has and displays the total at the bottom of the Possessions results window, as well as the amount per character in a tooltip when you mouseover the total. Possessions also counts money which you have mailed to an alt, or money in your inbox.
WhoHas - "WhoHas modifies every tooltip in the game to show which of your characters have the item in the tooltip, and where."
Possessions was originally written for Vanilla WoW by Oystein and was updated for 2.3 and a few later patches by myself. Sorry for the lack of updates here since 2007, but thank you to everyone who kept it going with patches and fixes in my absence!
- Fix an error which appeared for people upgrading from previous versions of Possessions who had Lite mode disabled.
- Searching for items with hyphens in the name now works.
4.0.1 (TOC: 40000)
- Queue bag scanning to no more than once every 1.5 seconds.
- Use the new GetItemIcon function to ensure that we get a texture even for unvalidated items (no more question mark icon!).
- Added Broker Launcher to toggle the Possessions Window.
- Added option to restrict search results to the current faction only.
- Added option to exclude Guild Bank results.
- Added faction color to Character Selection DropDown menu. Blue = Alliance, Red = Horde. Guild banks may be colored Green until you refresh them once.
- Now properly records and displays reforged items.
- Updated current Types and Subtypes to match what's currently in game. Also added a new commandline option (-updatetypes) to scan for types. This should be helpful for non-enUS users or after a patch which adds new types/subtypes. Your game may freeze for a moment while this is running.
- Removed Lite Mode option since it is no longer necessary to store Icons at all.
- Searching from the commandline no longer steals focus. Focus is taken only when Possessions is toggled with no new input such as with "/poss" or by clicking the Broker button.
- Thanks to the wonderful Possessions users and fans who continued to share fixes and patches and updates in my absence!
- Fixed a bug which caused an error to appear when mousing over the total gold value
if you have guild bank data stored.
- Added a "/poss -validate all" slash command to validate all items in your database
for the current realm.
- Fixed a bug which caused errors for new users of Possessions and when adding new bags.
- Track the bags in your character's inventory and bank bag slots. Thanks to
Lauchsuppe for the example.
- Record guild bank contents. Guilds will show up in your list of characters,
as if they were characters. Thanks to Gruma, author of WhoHas, for the idea to use GBF_Update.
- Added support for multiple attachments to mail.
2.0.2n (TOC: 20300)
- Support for new item subtypes in the 2.3 patch. You can now find things like
Herbs, Ore, and leather more easily.
- Fixed: Bug which caused errors on login for the first time with Possessions installed.
- New: Money in a character's inbox is counted towards a character's total money.
- New: Records items and money returned from one of your characters inbox to another.
- Fixed: Bug which caused items to be added to your possessions even if a SendMail failed.
- Fixed: Bug which prevented bags which had an empty first slot from being stored
after logging out.
- Fixed: Bug which occasionally caused possessions to stop working after zoning.
- Fixed: Bug which caused incorrect item to show when a search had only one result.
- Fixed: Bug which could cause stacks of the same item to show up separately in results
if the compressed links were different.
- Improved: Enabling/Disabling Lite Mode instantly adds or removes icons for all
characters on the current realm in your database. You can temporarily disable Lite Mode
right before you want to get your savedvariables file for Possessions PHP Guildbank.
- Improved: Lite Mode now also combines stacks of like items within the same bag to
reduce the database size. This is currently a work-in-progress.
- Changed: MoneyTooltip is sorted alphabetically.
2.0.2l: (TOC: 20200)
- New: Icons in the tooltip for search results to help show where the item is located.
- Improved: Reduced garbage memory creation for inventory changes and searches.
This means that Possessions should no longer use up gobs of memory if you conduct
lots of searches.
- Improved: Handling of event-based bag scanning. Eliminated double scans.
- Improved: Search results will no longer clump items with the same name, but
different gems/enchants together preventing you from seeing the true link.
- Improved Full Text Search tooltip scanning speed and hopefully other aspects of performance.
- Removed: EnhTooltip support is removed. No functionality is lost, the original
Possessions used EnhTooltip to display money, but that is now built-in, so EnhTooltip
is no longer necessary.
- Fixed: Error when sending mail with no attachment.
- Fixed: Added missing Subtypes for Simple and Prismatic gems.
- New: WIM support. You can link items to WIM chat windows.
- New: Optional Full Text Search. This allows you to search all lines in the item's tooltip.
When this is enabled, searches will be slower.
- New: Items that you mail to alts will now be recorded with links
- New: Added support for new "Gem" Type and its corresponding subtypes. You can
search for gems by their color.
- Improved: Scaled random suffixes are extracted from the uniqueID to reduce the
amount of memory needed to store items with negative suffixIDs. For example, both
"362610728" and "343867432" become simply "40".
- New: Search by item type and subtype. Also added buttons to reset all search fields
and to begin the search.
- New: Drop down menus are sorted alphabetically.
- New: Now shows a note when you mouseover an uncached item with a question mark
icon in the Possessions window explaining how to query the server for the item link.
The note resembles that of AtlasLoot Enhanced. Also shows a message recommending
that you check the mail on a character which has an unconfirmed item in their inbox.
- Change: Possessions window is no longer always on top of other windows.
- Change: Defaults to Lite Mode. Nothing can parse the new savedvariables format yet
anyways. *Update* Possessions php Guildbank Cont seems to work, just be sure to uncheck the Lite Mode box to tell Possessions to save the item texture.
- Fix: Properly handle instanceID which determines the stats of new randomly enchanted items.
- Fix: Left or right clicking a randomly enchanted item will show the correct link.
- New: Optional Lite Mode. When Lite Mode is enabled, item textures (Icons) are not stored in memory. Instead, they are retrieved when needed from the server. Lite Mode also shrinks the itemString whenever possible to save memory. This feature is toggled by a new checkbox in the bottom right corner of the Possessions window. The downside to this is that programs like Possessions Browser do not have the Texture available.
- New: Money will be displayed even without enhTooltip.
- New: Accept Links as parameters at the command line. Example: "/poss [Hearthstone]"
- New: Left clicking an item in the Possessions results list will pop up a movable tooltip for the item.
- New: /poss -clear <name> command for clearing all data for a certain character on the current realm.
- New: Items recorded in your inbox will now have links.
- Fix: Shouldn't taint any global variables anymore. (thanks to devilcat on curse-gaming.com)
- Fix: Support for negative suffixIDs and uniqueIDs in patch 2.0.3.
- Fix: Added Pairs() to Possessions_convertDB1to2. Thanks Dridzt
- Keyring support (thanks to Lauchsuppe for some ideas).
- Now Ignores UniqueID to save some memory. I'm considering a way to ignore unused enchant and suffix data too.
- Won't show tooltip for items that don't exist in cache. Right click to query server.
- Added Stack Count to tooltip shown when mousing over items in the results window.
- Maintains backward compatibility with old data.
- Support possibly negative suffix ID in TBC.
- Added code to support the GetInboxItemLink(index) function which should be available in WoW 2.0.2. This means that items recorded in your inbox can have links instead of just text. This feature will be enabled in a future release of Possessions.
2.0.2f: Fixed a typo which caused you to be disconnected when linking items from Possessions. Also added the display of Recipe Book information to the tooltip.
2.0.2e: Now compatible with the new Item String Format. This means that items with suffixes such as "of the Bear" will be stored correctly.
2.0.2d: Improved text in dropdown for filtering by slot.
2.0.2c: Fixed filtering by slot. Items stored in your Inboxes will show up in random slots. Added Gello's fix for escape keypress.
2.0.2b: Fixed some table references that I missed which caused errors for enhtooltip users.