JTips is an addon that modifies tooltips to look "neater" and more like WoW 1.x tooltips, in doing this it does the following :
Converts Combat Ratings to Percentages
"Collapses" Enchants into the base stats of the Item
"Collapses" Gems and Socket Bonuses into the base stats of the Item
"Collapses" All Stats/Resistances.
1) Ratings :
This uses algorithms devised by Maldivia to convert ratings into their Percentage Equivalents.
Yes, i am aware Ratings Buster, my addon is designed to make tooltips "neater" and thus instead of the "14 Spell Critical Strike Ratings (1%)" if fully changes converts it like it would appear in 1.x, (See Figure 1)
2) Enchants :
Enchants (where possible) will be added to the base stats of the item then removed, for example, an item with 20 Agility on it, and a 15 Agility Enchant Would show 35 Agility. (See Figure 1)
Similarly to enchants, the various bonuses of gems in an item are collected up and added to the conventional stats of the item, Empty Slots show normally, (See Figure 2 and 3)
Note: All these features are toggleable.
Will show the options window, here you can toggle various features. Additionally there is a Keybind which allows you to specify a key which when held down will remove the JTips Formatting from the Tooltips.
While this addon is "complete" i have tested it with only a small number of items, and no-doubt because of blizzards habit of writing each item bonus 10 different ways on items, there will be some items which cause it to format the tooltip incorrectly, So i'd ask you if you spot any of these items, to Tell me, either leave a comment here, or talk to me on IRC, Kaso on #wowi-lounge @ freenode.net or #eu-priests @ Quakenet.org or to email me at [email protected]
(note: The ItemID is what i need for any items which error)
Changes 0.3 - First release. 1.0 - Added opitions
- Made Enchant "Collapsing" Toggleable
- Added Resistances/Stats "Collasping"
- Re-coding using <OnTooltipSetItem>
- Added Restore code to reduce lag when hovvering over Inventory, Container and Bank Item. (Note, this lag is to do with blizzard's hacky system of refreshing said tooltips every 0.5seconds to allow cooldowns to be displayed, the "hackyness" of the blizzard code causes some slight lag with my addon, however this should be minimised by this change)
- Fixed many items. 1.1 - Fixed Money Frame not showing when at a vendor
- Added an indicator in the top right hand corner showing whether and item is Enchanted, Socketed or both. (This is toggleable)
- Fixed a few enchants/gems being miss-formatted. 1.1.1 - Changed the way tooltip data is stored to (hopefully) fix an error some people have been experiencing, this is a minor fix and not necessary update if you are not experiencing any errors.