|Go to Page...|
Notice: I no longer plan to work on this addon. As I got further into the game, more and more I wanted to know the price of every item while out in the field rather than waiting to go back to town in order to record it--and there are many alternatives that already come with prerecorded lists.
This is a light-weight addon that allows players to view the sell price of any item that they've previously seen the price of.
Please Note: Prices are gathered when visiting a merchant, so you must first have an item in your inventory (one of your bags) and then open a merchant window in order for the price to be recorded and displayed. WoW does not provide prices for items that are equipped, in the mail, in the bank, or anywhere else.
Importing Data From Other Addons
- Author-Friendly Around half of the code is documentation to explain how things work so that people can learn from it. I also revamp the code with every new addition in order to include better standards and ways of doing things.
- Collector-Friendly Most similar addons include a bulky list of pre-generated item prices that will likely never change. You may never even see half of these items, but they will reside in memory anyhow. My addon does not supply such a list--as you visit the vendor, it will create its own list based on the items in your bag so that the addon will grow and expand as you do.
- Compatibility My addon uses standard hooking techniques, does not replace any default UI elements, and uses Blizzard's own code for displaying an item's price. Moreover, if another addon does replace any of the standard tooltips, it can call ShowItemPrice.HookTooltip(<GameTooltipObjectRef>) to ensure compatibility.
- Configuration-Free There's nothing to configure. Just visit a vendor and prices are automatically recorded. When you leave, those prices will still be available to you--anywhere! ShowItemPrice will also keep you up-to-date on what it's doing by providing short messages in the default chat window.
- Minimalistic My addon uses a minimal amount of code to achieve its results. Even with the extensive documentation, it's around half the size of similar addons and a tenth the size of addons that use 3rd party libraries.
- View Prices Anywhere Whether you're searching through your bags, viewing your equipment, clicking an item link in the chat, or anywhere else that items are displayed, my addon will add the item's sale price to the item's tooltip.
ShowItemPrice supports importing data from other addons in order to ease the transition for people that want to change addons without losing all the item prices they've accrued. In order for ShowItemPrice to see the other Addon's data, both addons must be enabled at the same time. If successful, a message similar to "[ShowItemPrice] Loaded <x> items from <addon>" will be displayed in the chat log.
List of supported addons:
There's currently a bug when importing items that have suffixes ("of the ___"). The non-suffixed version of the name will be imported, but that won't match the suffixed version so the price won't be displayed. (Submitted by: Polarina)
Contact me if you'd like to see another addon added to this list.
- New! Data from ItemsDB_VendorPrices, MonetaryValue, SellFish, and Valuation can now be imported.
- New! Prices will be added to all item tooltips, not just when viewing items in your inventory (equipment, merchants, item links, etc all work now). Moreover, when viewing items in your inventory, it will still calculate the price of the stack.
- Fixed! The item price no longer disappears from the tooltip.
- Removed! Items with no recorded sell price no longer have red borders. The code was very buggy and inaccurate.IMPORTANT NOTE: Although I tested the new addon extensively, I recommend that you backup your Saved Variables before running the new version.
- New! Overhauled all the code. All functions and variables are now members of the global variable ShowItemPrice and all saved variables are now in the table ShowItemPrice_SavedVars
- New! Added a SendMessage() function that's used to report when the addon loads, when a new item is added to the table, and when an item's price is updated in the table
- New! Added functionality to import item prices from ShowItemPrice v1.0 and from SellValues. If you'd like support added for loading data from another addon, let me know.
- New! Item prices now account for an item's durability. When storing an item's price, the addon will store the price of the item with full durability -- when displaying the item's price, the addon will display the current sale price (normal price minus repair costs). (NOTE: This has not yet been tested for broken items.)
- New! Items in your inventory that have not yet been added to the addon's price table will have a red border.
- New! Added a framework for localizing the addon (though it is currently only available in English).