|Go to Page...|
Adds bindable keys in WoW Key Bindings, for selecting active chat window.
Allows selecting active chat window with binded keys regardless of 'Lock Chat Settings' option status.
You can 'Lock Chat Settings' in Interface Options, and be able to change active window with those keybinds.
Pressing key down shows chat window tab and selects chat window, releasing key - hides window tab. When chat window is selected, you can use pgup, down keys to scroll chat messages in that window.
Works when 'Lock Chat Settings' are on or off, with docked and not docked frames.
Adds 7 keybindings to activate ChatFrames (7 is the limit of created windows/frames AFAIK) and 2 for Next/Previous.
Someone could ask "What is the need for this mod to exist". For now I see no better explanation than WHY I NEED ChatFrameKeys:
1. I do not like to have chat window control buttons to be visible, neither on the left or right side. So all buttons, emote, pgup, down, scroll to bottom are hidden. Scroll to bottom is shown only when messages are not scrolled to bottom...
2. I hate when i mouseover chat windows and they pops up with their tabs and window background. And i don't want to accidently move them or resize. So i have Lock Chat Settings option switched on.
3. My chat windows settings:
- GENERAL window, like default settings, expect that this window doesn't show whispers.
- COMBAT LOG, this one is DOCKED into General. I'm not this kind of person who analyses combat log during combat... And i dont want it to be always visible somewhere on my screen. When i want to take a look at it, with above settings it is not possible to do that with mouse. I use CFK to switch to second frame and cobmat log becomes visible (and scrollable with keys) and General ofcourse becomes invisible, covered by combat log messages. When I'm done, I can switch back to General.
- WHISPERS, this window displays.. well.. gues what, incoming and outgoing whispers ONLY. It is not docked, always visible and I placed it just above General. It has only 4 lines of text. If im whispering with someone and i want to see what we were talking about some time ago, again with no chat contrlol buttons and locked chat settings it is not possible to do that with mouse. So i switch to third frame using CFK keybind, messages are visible as they were, but now i can use keyboard scrolup, down keys to scroll messages. When I'm done i usually switch back to General.
And that's only 3 chat frames... and prolly i will make some more.. maybe separate for Guild and Party... Up to max 7 possible windows...
Reinrk van Dall