siena's Gem Viewer is simple (not for creator ;P) addon for World of Warcraft.
SGV filled little glitch in AH which Blizzard 'patched' in 2.1.0. Frankly saying, I was not going to update or develop this mod any further, since I don't play WoW, but people @ wowinterface.com demanded a new, working version, so I created 3.1.3- a compatibility release.
Since I quit wow long time ago I rarely check wowinterface and I don't track this mod anymore so versions 22.214.171.124+ are created by Coren(wowinterface.com).
Versions 4.0.0+ are maintained by bsmorgan.
Bonus filter allow you to search gems not only by socket color or its rarity, but also by bonuses they grant. Simple, do you want rare, blue socket that adds Strength? Triple click in SGV (rarity: rare, socket color: blue, bonus: Strength) you are ready to go!
To begin with SGV, simply open Auction House window, and click the new tab that has been added.
Using it, you can order SGV to list all gems meeting your requirements, for instance rare & matching yellow socket. After you have clicked SEARCH button, the SGV, SGV will perform AH scan and list all gems matching your search criteria. Info includes gem name, rarity color, gem icon, it will show you CURRENT minimal bid for gem type and CURRENT minimal Buyout Value. You can change filter settings during scan. After scan has ended all all gathered data is available for offline browsing- which means, that you can play with filter settings without having to scan AH again (you can, of course, if you want to). When you left click on gem of your choice the SGV will send search request for item that you've selected and switch to browse page of AH Addon, where you will be able to buy it.
Dataset is rather small, so it will not hurt your addon cache, SGV will purge all data on AH Window close or WoW's exit. My intention was to write addon to have as low cpu and memory usage as possible, but you need to know, that this is my first addon for WoW and lua is not my primary programming language.
SGV lets you:
- easily find gems on AH
- create search filters (rarity, socket color, bonus filters)
- know actual minimal bid and buyout values for gems
- run search for specific gem
- see number of specific gems (count(gem) group by Gem's name)
- buy item directly from its frame
Things to know:
- if you create filter f.e. gems that fit blue socket, SGV will show you also multisocket gems (blue and yellow, blue and red, etc)
- when you click on item while scanning there is short pause between your action and SGV reaction- SGV puts your action on stack and waits for AH query permission; this pause is intentional
- Currently bonus filters are available for US, GB. Other Clients won't show Bonuses dropdown menu, because of lacking bonuses' translations. Send me SGV_TRANS_ATT table and next verison will have bonuses for other language.
I'm aware that lots of people play WoW using different than enUS or enGB clients. I play using enGB, so I tried to localization addon as much as I can but I was not able to test it properly.
- localized parts of SGV:
- core algorithms [it includes mainly search patterns]
- some UI elements
- deDE by Daddelkopp & tayeaden
- frFR by Tazmanyak
- zhTW by Evenrain
- koKR by Sayclub
- esES by me hahaha
- full localization - with your help
..more to come? send me your suggestions
All critiques, bugtraqs, errors, patches, localisations, suggestions are welcome.
Thanks goes to:
- Coren for v126.96.36.199
- ShaggY aka ShaggY for testing and suggestions ;*
- Tazmanyak for frFR locale
- tayeaden for help with German locale and pointing me out misstype in one german socket name and problem with ALL string
- evenrain for zhTW translation
- Sayclub for Korean translation
- Daddelkopp for bonus filters for german client
- Blizzard for their Interface AddOn Kit
- Igor- creator of Igor's Mass Auction (check this addon out it's awsome) for clue how to hook my tab on Blizz's AH Frame.
- The BugGrabber Team for buggraber
- Scheid for myDebug
4.1.8 - November 30, 2011
*Updated TOC to 40300
*Fixed new parameter on GetAuctionItemInfo
4.1.7 - Sept 29, 2011
*Protect against a bad link.
4.1.6 - July 2, 2011
*Added Mastery Rating
4.1.5 - June 28, 2011
*Update TOC to 40200
4.1.4 - April 26, 2011
*Update TOC to 40100
4.1.3 - February 18, 2011
*Localized many variables. Thanks, Dridzt.
4.1.2 - February 17, 2011
*Fixed the AH Item Class index for Gems (mirror Blizzard change).
*Changed the Search Text to include the class we are searching (to catch a Blizzard change sooner).
4.1.1 - February 4, 2011
*Cleaned up some global variable polution.
*Cleaned up the localization tables (TODO: Use Curseforge Localization)
4.1.0 - February 1, 2011
*Addon name changed to Gem Viewer. Siena is credited for his work, but it was confusing that the title and the filenames were different.
*Added Required Item Level as a sort criteria (works but not elegantly).
4.0.0 - January 31, 2011
*Changes necessary to run on interface 40000
188.8.131.52 - October 18, 2009
*FIX: tab bug introduced by me using copy & paste design pattern;)
184.108.40.206 - October 17, 2009 (author Coren)
*FIX: scroll bug introduced in 220.127.116.11
18.104.22.168 - October 13, 2009 (author Coren from wowinterface.com)
*FIX: the tooltip scanning issue
*NEW: allow translations to be partial
*NEW: add a partial french translation
*NEW: filters colored by socket color of the stat (meta as white, prismatic as greenish, untranslated as grey)
*NEW: allow multi-select for filter (by holding shift) to filter by 2 values (e.g. int + spi)
*NEW: pickup prismatic gems in scanning (if ANY_COLOR is properly set for the language)
*NEW show filtered # / total # of gems found
*CLEANUP: remove a number of variables from global scope, clear up some trailing tabs, correct some indentation, etc.
22.214.171.124 - June 15, 2009
* FIX: scan through all pages, not just 1st one. Because of this, not all gems were scanned.
126.96.36.199 - June 13, 2009
* FIX: fix for dropdownlist
188.8.131.52 - June 13, 2009
* FIX: possible fix for weird dropdown behaviour reported by few users. If you have no problems with bonus dropdown, you won't notice any change.
184.108.40.206 - June 10, 2009
* FIX: charset encoding
220.127.116.11 - June 9, 2009
* FIX: dropdown with quality works again
* FIX: dropdown with bonuses looks better :)
18.104.22.168 - June 6, 2009
* UPDATED: bonus filters match bonuses from the game, based on www.wow-gem.com
* Known Bugs: Dropdown looks awfull, French and German locale need a facelift
3.1.3 - June 6, 2009
* Works with World of Warcraft 3.1.3
* Known Bugs: Quality ALL not working- result is empty
2.1.1 - February 18, 2008
* NEW: working French locale, thanks go to Tazmanyak!
* Works with World of Warcraft 2.3.0
* NEW: Fast scan button - once every 15 minutes you can do fast scan of gems, shorter waiting time!!
* UPDATE: slight XML objects modifications
* FIX: page scanning info
2.0.2 - Septmeber 27, 2007
* UPDATE: toc for version 2.2.0
2.0.1 - September 18, 2007
* FIX problem with ALL string, thank you tayedaen
2.0 - May 30, 2007
* Working with World of Warcraft 2.1.0
* NEW: bonus filters
* NEW: bonus filters for german client by Daddelkopp
* NEW Korean translation by Sayclub
* UPDATE Updated XML Objects
* UPDATE toc for version 2.1.0
1.2 - April 18, 2007
* NEW added zhTW locale, thank you Evenrain!
* UPDATE slight XML objects modifications
1.1 - March 09, 2009
* NEW counting gems by type
* UPDATE changed logic in event processing. It results in less CPU usage during INITIAL scan (first scan after loging into game).
* UPDATE slight XML objects modifications
* implemented bugfix in german locale (thank you tayeaden)