|Go to Page...|
What is ChatAlertsFu?
ChatAlertsFu is an addon that alerts you to messages in the Chat frame. The alert can take the form of the actual text message being displayed in the main screen area and/or as a simple sound that plays.
- Supports two different types of alerts: Text alerts & Sound alerts
- Text alerts can be displayed in the UI Error Message Frame, SCT, MSBT or the Blizzard Scrolling Text
- Users have the option of choosing which chat types display to which scroll area.
- Chat types supported: Raid, Battleground, Party, System, Whisper, Say, Emotes, Monster emotes/yells
- Channels supported: Receive alerts for General, WorldDefense, Trade or custom channels
- Looting alerts: Receive alert messages for rolls and items looted
- Option to add the total quantity in your bags to the end of your Text Alerts
- Option to filter loot for yourself or party members by item rarity
- Option to only show NEED rolls and winners
- Option to only show your looted items
- Text alerts inherit the colors used in the Chat Frame.
- Spam protection: Text alerts and sounds won't play for gold spammers.
- Option to auto-report spammers to a GM (creates ticket)
Just install the addon and configure using the Fubar. If you do not use Fubar, the addon will still work and the configuration options will be located in a minimap button.
All the options are configurable from the configuration menu and can be changed in-game to suit your needs. I change my options frequently depending on what I am doing. By default, all Text Alerts are set to use the UI Error Message Frame (where the red messages like "Not enough mana" are displayed).
Because the Text alerts inherit colors used in the Chat Frame, you can change the colors displayed by a message type by changing the color it uses in the Chat Frame.
If you are using Mik's Scrolling Battle Text (MSBT), you can create a custom scroll area called "ChatAlertsFu" otherwise, by default, the MSBT option uses the Notification scroll area. SCT and the Blizzard Scrolling Text both use their default locations.
You can change the Sound alerts noise by replacing the "blip.wav" file located in this addon's directory.
Text alerts displayed using Mik's Scrolling Battle Text (MSBT) or the Blizzard Scrolling Text do not text wrap and longer messages will run off the screen. My suggestion is to only use these areas for Text Alerts you know will be shorter like Loot messages and Emotes. This is simply a limitation of MSBT and BST and I do not have a planned fix at this time. This is not a problem with the default or SCT.
Official WowAce Thread: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=5492.0