This addon provides a GUI for viewing and searching various links databases. It is the successor
to the GUI portion of Saeris's LootLink (but it has no connection to the other successors of that addon,
LinkBot and QuickChatlink). The addon has support for five link types: abilities, items, quests, talents,
and tradeskills. If you wish to remove support for a link type (for instance, if you never use it and want
to conserve memory or improve initial login time), simply delete or rename the folder corresponding to
that link type in the Sections subdirectory. Some link types additionally have subsections which add
more searching and sorting options to their parent section; these too can be disabled by deleting or
renaming the appropriate folder within the Sections/<link type>/Subsections/ subdirectory.
To toggle the results window, use either the provided key binding (under the LinksList header in
the Key Bindings menu), or click the ToggleButton (a small, draggable minimap-style button that
can be found near the center of the screen on first load), or just type the slash command ("/ll" or
"/linkslist") without any subcommand. The results frame and search frame are both draggable. All
links displayed in the results frame will respond to modified clicks like standard chatlinks -- a Ctrl-click
will attempt to dress up in the link, a Shift-click will insert the link into the chat frame edit box, and
an unmodified click will toggle the static tooltip.
Configuration options are available via the "/linkslist" or "/ll" slash commands, and currently include
the ability to toggle whether the ToggleButton is used (subcommand "togglebutton"), the ability
to toggle whether to autofocus the QuickSearch editbox whenever it becomes shown (subcommand
"autofocus"), and the ability to toggle whether the results frame acts as a Blizzard UI panel (moves as
other panels open and close) (subcommand "panel"). Use the "help" subcommand ("/ll help") to view
this list of subcommands in-game.
For support, contact, or license information, please view my author portal's main page.
2.1.6 (Mar 8, 2009):
- Updated to a newer version of TradeskillLinksDB3 library, which fixes an error that could occur after
a Runeforging link was parsed from a chat message and the "Recently Added Links" tooltip was
- Updated to a newer version of TalentLinksDB1 library, which fixes an issue wherein Lua patterns
with a $ anchor token would not return the right results.
- Updated to a newer version of ItemBasicInfoDB3 library, which reduces memory usage and improves
responsiveness when searching using the Basic Info subsection of the Items section.
2.1.5 (Feb 2, 2009):
- Now uses about 55KB less memory at load.
- Using the Tab function of QuickSearch no longer results in lag, which was caused by the changes
- The Basic Info subsection of the Items section now uses a newer version of the ItemBasicInfoDB
library which uses fewer resources.
2.1.4 (Jan 16, 2009):
- Now uses newer versions of the links databases, which use fewer resources.
- No longer sorts the list of links when first populating it if it's already pre-sorted. This removes
the noticeable pause when first opening some of the larger sections.