What does it do?
Simply put, ManyItemTooltips allows you to open an unlimited number of item tooltips (as well as profession, spell, quest, talent, and achievement tooltips). There is no configuration, just install and you're good to go!
What's new in version 3?
Not much, but it was rewritten for WoTLK. Updates include the following:
Support for WoTLK
Cleaned up code, improved efficiency where I could
Support for LibTipHooker and mods that support MultiTips (limited up to 5 tooltips)
Support for achievement, quest, talent, and spell tooltips
Updated support for StatStain
Why doesn't X mod work with ManyItemTooltips created tooltips?
Most mods that affect item tooltips were created with the idea that there would only be one item tooltip. Because of this, it's hard to add support for them. Additionally, support has to be added manually, so if ManyItemTooltips isn't working with one of your mods, let me know and I'll check it out. However, I can't guarantee that I will be able to add support.
How can I add support for ManyItemTooltips to my mod?
Thanks for the interest! You can open ManyItemTooltips.lua and information about adding support is at the bottom of the code.
- Tiny bug fix for addons trying to hook tooltip OnShow
- Support for WIM (Warcraft Instant Messager); the change to do this may also affect (in a good way) other mods' compatibility.
- Support for Mendeleev added
- Support for CowTip added
- Support for TooltipItemIcon fixed (be sure to have the most up-to-date version of TooltipItemIcon)
- Fixed Ctrl-click bug
- Updated support for TooltipItemIcon and Valuation
- Added proper backwards compatibility for hooking
- Increased efficiency on initial load
- [Bugfix] Fixed MultiTips standardization
- [Bugfix] Fixed MIT:GetLinkString error
- Support for WoTLK
- Cleaned up code, improved efficiency where I could
- Support for LibTipHooker and mods that support MultiTips (limited up to 5)
- Support for achievement, quest, talent, and spell tooltips
- Updated support for StatStain
!! No need to update unless you use Auctioneer.
- Fixed a bug with auctioneer that caused the auctioneer tooltips to stay shown even after an item tooltip was closed.
!! This is purely a compatibility patch. If you use neither StatStain or SpamSentry, there is probably no need to download the update.
- Added compatibility for the StatStain addon.
- Fixed an issue that prevented SpamSentry (and perhaps other mods) from working correctly with ManyItemTooltips.
- Profession tooltips are now fully supported.
- This also fixes the bug that caused an error message to occur when you clicked an item link while a profession tooltip was open.
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from shift-clicking names in chat
- Added compatibility for the Valuation addon
Added support to allow other AddOn's to hook onto the additional tooltips created by ManyItemTooltips. See the bottom of ManyItemTooltips.lua if you are interested in seeing how to go about doing this. I've built in support for two great addons, IDCard and TooltipItemIcon, which both do the same thing: adds the item's icon next to the tooltip frame. IDCard is available for download here on WoWInterface.
If there are any other mods that you would like to see compatible with the extra tooltips of ManyItemTooltips (not all are able to), ask the author if he/she would be willing to hook into it or I can see if I can add support for it. (Note: As far as I'm aware, Auctioneer is not an addon that is able to work for the additional tooltips)
Also, a small bug was fixed so you can now shift-click or ctrl-click links without open tooltips being closed first.
(This is the first version I've uploaded to WoW Interface, so ignore the whole "new version" mention )
Rewrote the mod from scratch. Not that it necessarily needed it as it worked fine as it was. I guess I was just bored and decided it could use some changes. These are the changes that were made:
- Tooltips are created on the fly instead of having 10 created when the game loads. This means that you can now open an unlimited number of tooltips (not that you should need more than 10 anyways).
- Auctioneer support!... and any other mod that attaches onto item tooltips for that matter. I changed how the mod works so it'll use the game's default tooltip as long as you only have one tooltip open. This means that anything that's attached to the default tooltip should still show up when you use this mod. I haven't tested this, so any feedback would be great. Note that only one tooltip will be able to work like the default UI, the others won't have the attached extra stuff.
- Small fix: items that had the same name but weren't necessarily the same (for example, insignia of the horde), won't close a tooltip that's already open.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com