PetInstance - ChangeLog and Git Repository
A little addon to change pet ability autocast states and aggression (passive, defensive, aggressive) on entering an instance/battleground and revert back to their previous states on leaving the instance.
The addon has seperate settings for battlegrounds from instances, and has a "persist" behavior which one can toggle. When "persist" is enabled, it will re-apply the settings every time you hit the macro in question, otherwise it does it just once upon zoning into the instance. WIth it disabled, one could change the pet's behavior after zoning and it will stay that way, so you can override the addon. With it enabled, you can do a /autocaston Growl in your (if BM) Intimidation macro, and it'll stay that way until you send the pet to the next mob, which is helpful for quick offtanking, to grab a loose mob.
Growl off in instances and battlegrounds both.
Other autocast for pet spells are left as is.
Aggressive in battlegrounds.
Passive in instances.
Configurable either via the Interface Options menu or /peti or /petinstance.
Add '/click PetInstanceButton' to a macro you use regularly (I use my pet attack macro).
- Use AceDialog-3.0 to inject our options into the blizzard interface options.
- Make the slash command open the options via the interfaceoptionsframe.
- Update toc interface version for 2.4.
- Fix some bugs related to doing a reloadui or relog.
- Update embedded libraries.
- Treat arena like battlegrounds.
- Don't add the pet abilities section to the options dialog until we've
seen a pet.
- Simplify the db handling.
- Added seperate aggression and autocast options for battlegrounds vs
regular instances, as I got sick of it setting my pet to passive in bg.
- Fix copy/paste bug resulting in the autocast options only toggling
between true/false, not true/false/nil.
- Fix a bug in the set() method for the Temporary option (would error if
you clicked temporary while in an instance).
- Add 'Aggression' option, to change pet aggression in instances.
- Change the 'Temporary' option on the fly, so you don't have to zone out
of the instance and back in after changing the option to see the change.
- Fix bug with pet ability scanning when you first login (I'd thought I
fixed this previously, but I guess not. In previous versions, you'd
have to /console reloadui, or dismiss the pet, to get it to pick up the
- Add 'Temporary' option, which re-applies your autocast settings every
time, rather than only the first time, when in an instance.
- Fixed bug with pet ability autocast state checking, it was incorrectly
picking up all the abilities as autocasting, so enabled them all when
leaving the instance.
- Add some missing embedded libraries so it works without standalone Ace3.
- Initial Release.