Download
(8 Kb)
Download
Updated: 04-26-09 08:04 AM
Pictures
File Info
Updated:04-26-09 08:04 AM
Created:unknown
Downloads:6,438
Favorites:41
MD5:
QuestJunkie  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 1.31
by: dragonflyy, Geneticus
QuestJunkie has two functions. First is a barker for when you complete a quest objective (settings are in the Interface Options Panel)

Second, QJ also allows you to browse the quests of anyone in your party that has QuestJunkie installed on their computer as well. Open your QuestLog to access this.

QuestBarker has been renamed to QuestJunkie. Look for other addons by me with the Junkie name
v1.31: Fixed a bug with patch 3.1 where the tables of your characters quests wasn't populating right. Please inform me of any other bugs you might encounter.

v1.3: Fixed a startup bug and added in a way for the quests to update. Will add a refresh button later. For now, to update the questlog view, just click on the Quest Log tab and go back to the QJ tab, or close QJ and reopen.

v1.2: Finished the main XML code, changed the selection of party members that have the addon from a drop down, to a tab system. Cleaned up the code so there isn't as much info being transferred between addons.

v1.1: Updated to WotLK

v1.0: Revamped QuestBarker and renamed to QuestJunkie.


----- OLD LOG! -----

v2.0: Added options through the Interface Options Panel. Added coding to start displaying party members quest log who also have QuestBarker.

v1.0: Initial release
Archived Files (2)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
1.3
8kB
dragonflyy
12-07-08 09:24 AM
1.2
8kB
dragonflyy
11-14-08 11:03 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 10-29-08, 07:40 PM  
Csalago
A Kobold Labourer
 
Csalago's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 85
Uploads: 7
update

any update for WotLK / 3.0 for this mod? this is one of the few party quest addons that is really useful
Csalago is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-08, 07:57 PM  
dragonflyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
dragonflyy's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 14
File comments: 70
Uploads: 5
actually yes, once my net stops lagging so bad I'll post the current build
dragonflyy is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-08, 04:51 PM  
Csalago
A Kobold Labourer
 
Csalago's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 85
Uploads: 7
Originally posted by dragonflyy
actually yes, once my net stops lagging so bad I'll post the current build
Excellent news!

while you're at it.... a suggestion. If there was a header above or below the quest lists for your party member(s) where it showed you their current XP as well, it would be really convenient....
Csalago is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-08, 01:34 PM  
dragonflyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
dragonflyy's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 14
File comments: 70
Uploads: 5
Originally posted by Csalago
Excellent news!

while you're at it.... a suggestion. If there was a header above or below the quest lists for your party member(s) where it showed you their current XP as well, it would be really convenient....
QJ is updated for WotLK ... also if you are looking for an Exp addon, check my ExpJunkie AddOn here
dragonflyy is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-08, 04:02 PM  
Csalago
A Kobold Labourer
 
Csalago's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 85
Uploads: 7
Originally posted by dragonflyy
QJ is updated for WotLK ... also if you are looking for an Exp addon, check my ExpJunkie AddOn here
Thanks for the update!! Testing it out now. Does it always synchronize the party member quest lists when you load the tab and choose their name? or does it keep it stored locally and only updates as objectives are updated? Just curious if there was a way to for a resynch if needed or if based on how you have it updating, it's not needed.

2 suggestions:

The one would be a way for me to click on my party members quest from the list and have it share the quest with me. That would be a time saver.

The second is the party quests lists to indicate either how many other party members have the quest or the actual names of the party members who have the quests. The limitation of the blizzard UI is that it only shows you "nearby" party members.

Thanks for the great work!
Last edited by Csalago : 11-08-08 at 04:42 PM.
Csalago is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-08, 12:14 AM  
dragonflyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
dragonflyy's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 14
File comments: 70
Uploads: 5
Originally posted by Csalago
Thanks for the update!! Testing it out now. Does it always synchronize the party member quest lists when you load the tab and choose their name? or does it keep it stored locally and only updates as objectives are updated? Just curious if there was a way to for a resynch if needed or if based on how you have it updating, it's not needed.

2 suggestions:

The one would be a way for me to click on my party members quest from the list and have it share the quest with me. That would be a time saver.

The second is the party quests lists to indicate either how many other party members have the quest or the actual names of the party members who have the quests. The limitation of the blizzard UI is that it only shows you "nearby" party members.

Thanks for the great work!
Both suggestions are already in preperation ... as in a small bugfix. (if you open the quest window while QJ is showing it'll show both side by side)
Also on the updating ... I need to rewrite it as the communication is causing lag on the receiving end ... I'll look into an update system for it. Thank you for the feedback, it helps alot
dragonflyy is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-08, 12:57 AM  
dragonflyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
dragonflyy's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 14
File comments: 70
Uploads: 5
2 Small bugs:

1) If you try to open the questlog while QJ is open, it'll open them side by side

2) Version number on the QJ window says 2.0, will have the proper number next release
dragonflyy is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-08, 11:44 PM  
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant
 
Zidomo's Avatar

Forum posts: 76
File comments: 1049
Uploads: 0
And another bug. QuestJunkie 1.2, WoW 3.0.3 live/WotLK, USEnglish client/server. No previous saved variables. Error at logon (happens all the time, including with only this mod & BugSack/!BugGrabber mods running):

Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:20: attempt to index local 'tab' (a nil value):
Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:8: in function `PanelTemplates_SetTab':
QuestJunkie-1.2\QuestJunkie.lua:453: in function <Interface\AddOns\QuestJunkie\QuestJunkie.lua:441>
QuestJunkie-1.2\QuestJunkie.lua:491: in function `QB_OnLoad'
<string>:"*:OnLoad":2: in function <[string "*:OnLoad"]:1>
Zidomo is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-08, 04:09 PM  
dragonflyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
dragonflyy's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 14
File comments: 70
Uploads: 5
Can you give a bit more information? It works fine for me and everyone in my family that plays. Make sure you have the latest version, delete the QuestJunkie.lua file in your WTF\Account\{account name}\SavedVaribles folder. Also are you running the English client? or another? If it's another it might be a localization oversight. Let me know what's up
dragonflyy is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-08, 10:43 PM  
TazRulez
A Murloc Raider

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 51
Uploads: 0
I am getting the exact same error as Zidomo. I am on the usEN client, using the latest QuestJunkie, I deleted the SavedVariables .lua file and reloaded WoW and i am still getting it. also if there is only 1 other person in my party and they have QuestJunkie, latest version, and i go to check their quest log, it doesn't update when they turn in a quest and get anoother. the only ways i can update it is to either reload my ui or invite someone else that has QuestJunkie as well. Otherwise Great addon. I had quite a few guildies download this so we can easily help each other with quests.
Last edited by TazRulez : 12-06-08 at 10:44 PM.
TazRulez is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-08, 09:26 AM  
dragonflyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
dragonflyy's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 14
File comments: 70
Uploads: 5
Originally posted by TazRulez
I am getting the exact same error as Zidomo. I am on the usEN client, using the latest QuestJunkie, I deleted the SavedVariables .lua file and reloaded WoW and i am still getting it. also if there is only 1 other person in my party and they have QuestJunkie, latest version, and i go to check their quest log, it doesn't update when they turn in a quest and get anoother. the only ways i can update it is to either reload my ui or invite someone else that has QuestJunkie as well. Otherwise Great addon. I had quite a few guildies download this so we can easily help each other with quests.
Okay I think I got the error to go away, and now if you want to update the QJ Log, just close the window and reopen it, or click on the Quest Log tab, then on the QJ tab again. I'll make a refresh button for the next release.
dragonflyy is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-08, 02:19 PM  
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant
 
Zidomo's Avatar

Forum posts: 76
File comments: 1049
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by dragonflyy
Can you give a bit more information? It works fine for me and everyone in my family that plays. Make sure you have the latest version, delete the QuestJunkie.lua file in your WTF\Account\{account name}\SavedVaribles folder. Also are you running the English client? or another? If it's another it might be a localization oversight. Let me know what's up
In the first paragraph of my comment, I told you the version used, client language & the fact there were no saved variables present for the mod at logon.

Glad to see you've found the issue & have released v1.3.
Zidomo is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-08, 10:54 PM  
Galarawr
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 1
I love your Addon

Thanks so much this helps me see my friends quests when i'm helping him
Galarawr is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-09, 12:49 PM  
zirquel
A Defias Bandit

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 3
Uploads: 0
Thanks!

This is really appreciated. I've been lost without JasonQuest when helping my friends level since WotLK, and only just found this addon.

I've just a few questions.
First, is there a way to put up a quest tracker?
Second, is there a way for it to utilize an extended quest log/frame? An example being found at http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/eqf.aspx Sorry the description of that addon isn't overly in English, but it seems to function fine in the US version.

Those might be implemented and I just don't see it. Is there a /command with more options than the interface menu provides?

Third, not really important, and I doubt is there in any form. It might be neat to take use of Lightheaded for it. I don't know how you feel about that existing addon.

In any case, thank you again for this wonderful addon! I'll continue using it whether or not the above is available. There's nothing else this efficient for these functions.

-Zirq
zirquel is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-09, 11:46 AM  
dragonflyy
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
dragonflyy's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 14
File comments: 70
Uploads: 5
Re: Thanks!

I can look into making it work with ExtendedQuestFrame ... that shouldn't be too hard. A quest tracker is a little more difficult but I can check into it. There is no slash command, the only options are to the announcement only (what commands might you be looking for/expecting?) Using Lightheaded would be the most difficult. I do like lightheaded but I don't know their code very well. Again I will try the suggestions.

DragonFlyy

Originally posted by zirquel
This is really appreciated. I've been lost without JasonQuest when helping my friends level since WotLK, and only just found this addon.

I've just a few questions.
First, is there a way to put up a quest tracker?
Second, is there a way for it to utilize an extended quest log/frame? An example being found at http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/eqf.aspx Sorry the description of that addon isn't overly in English, but it seems to function fine in the US version.

Those might be implemented and I just don't see it. Is there a /command with more options than the interface menu provides?

Third, not really important, and I doubt is there in any form. It might be neat to take use of Lightheaded for it. I don't know how you feel about that existing addon.

In any case, thank you again for this wonderful addon! I'll continue using it whether or not the above is available. There's nothing else this efficient for these functions.

-Zirq
dragonflyy is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: