This is a very simple mod that scans Trade and Battleground chat channels for common swears and responds with "reported".
* UPDATE NOV - 2014 for 10th Anniversary *
Haven't played in 4.5+ years but with the 10th Anniversary approaching I decided to log in. First thing is first and the mod has to be updated.
To be honest I just commented out a couple of things that are no longer valid in the WoW UI, the mod used to check if the person swearing was a guildmate or friend before responding but it won't do that any longer, other than that it's still functional after all this time.
1.004: April 19 - 2010
*Small update to 1.004 to fix it so the mod ignores all item/enchant/trade/achievement links.
I got a free 7 day thing from Blizzard for being inactive for so long so with that I updated the mod.
- Checks if the person (including yourself) is a Guildmate or Friend and, if so, doesn't respond to their curses.
- 70% chance to respond by default, easily changeable in the lua.
- Rolls between 180 and 360 seconds when a match is found.
- Updated to track new Trade channel name(s).
- Fixed a bug that was caused by internal links in the UI. When people link their tradeskills now it generates a mostly hidden string of characters before the link that determines what spells are shown when people click on it, inside this hidden link it was just a long string of a-z characters which sometimes form 3 letter words that would trigger the filter. See 'Tradeskill Link' Picture to the right, using DevTools.
- Mod also scans for some Guild Recruitment messages.
- Mod will also play a fake error message when the internal roll comes up a 1 (so 1% of the time), just for the people who accuse people running the mod of being a "bot".
- Now shows a simple match in the green text of who you're replying to, and for what. Match: (Weasel: _____ ) where ____ is the swear that set off the trigger.
- Added in more green information text even on missed rolls.
- Updated the false triggers even more to avoid bait attempts.
0.08d - Several small lines of code for man, one giant leap for Trade fun.
Randomization is in!, There is now a random cooldown in between 40 and 70 seconds (55 average) so that it's not always up at a set time, and the actual messages are based on percentages now (user editable - see below) so that once in a while the mod will ignore a swear or a 'slabs'. Also updated the false triggers to avoid some bait attempts.
Comes boxed with the following settings:
80% chance for swears.
80% chance for slabs.
10% chance for LFG.
To edit these simply open up the Reported.lua and edit the first 3 lines, that's the % value.
The mod will now kindly tell you what the random roll on the cooldown was also in the green text for your viewing pleasure. ("Reported! (50s)" for example).
Small update to version 08e, fixed an oversight that caused it to use the same random roll for the cooldown until you zoned/relogged. It now does a random roll after every event to determine the new cooldown. Also added in the random 1-100 roll that determines if you report or not into the Reported! message just for fun.
0.08 - Increased cooldown for user safety to 60 seconds, back down to the 'classic' triggers (profanity and slabs only). Still using the new regex triggers to make it better and more accurate than ever.
0.07 Redesigned triggers with some regex to avoid false responses, also added several new triggers.
0.06 New Triggers
0.05 Updated new swears and removed the name variable from the chat alert.
0.04 Code cleanup.
0.03 Built in 35 second cooldown to avoid spamming reports. (Blizzard currently defines "spam" as the same or similar phrases more than once every 30 seconds.)
The code is all very straightforward (thanks to Slakah for cleaning it up) and easily modified to add more swears. I would not recommend lowering the 35 second cooldown however because you could (and probably will) get yourself into trouble if you're spamming.