|Go to Page...|
This is a 3.0 patch update to the old Spell Alert mod. I also made many of my own modifications to get the alerts more to my liking. Feel free to make suggestions on how to make it better.
Type /spellalert to bring up the options menu.
Basic information on how it works:
- There are two lines the alerts can show up on , a main alert line, and a second alert line where I send dangerous/powerful/cooldown type abilities that you should pay particular attention to (such as Divine Shield, Evasion, Bloodlust, Cloak of Shadows, etc.)
- Heal spells show up in blue on the 1st alert line.
- Attack spells show up in red on the 1st alert line.
- CC spells show up in yellow on the 1st alert line.
- Other misc spells show up in green on the 1st alert line (I suggest you turn these off if you want less "spam").
- Totems show up in orange in the 1st alert line.
- Dangerous/powerful/cooldown type spells show up in purple on the 2nd alert line. In addition, most of these spells will show an alert when they fade. These spells get their own alert line because they are more important to see, and there's less chance of them getting spammed off the screen on a 2nd line.
- In general, most instant cast spells are ignored. They tend to be very spammy and they are instant, so you can't interrupt/react to them anyway. There are exceptions, and certain instant cast spells do show up if I have determined they are particularly important to monitor (such as Divine Shield, Cloak of Shadows, Nether Protection, and many others.)
- Any of the spell types can be edited manually in the localization.lua file. The format should be fairly obvious and easy to change.
- If you want to cut down on most of the "spam", then type /spellalert and choose the option to only show casts from your target and focus target.