UberQuest is a drop-in replacement for Blizzard's QuestLog providing a dual pane view, full panes for the quest listing and a second full pane for the quest description itself. Plus, my favorite feature, a powerful quest tracker/minion.
UberQuest is a community effort. The original version was written by Saien (Modded by BanMan and Ithilyn, Additions by CaptCrunch), fixes by me to have it work with WotLK and now fixed again by BG for Patch v3.1.
I, as well as many other people, have not found a quest mod replacement that is better than this one. I like it because of its simplicity yet exact options that I've wanted to have for a questlog interface. Thanks to all who have kept this mod going!
Fix for "ChatFrameEditBox" error introduced in patch 3.3.5
---------- Version 3.3.2b (201006132020R): ------------
Add Detail Information to Quest Log + Honor + Arena Points + Experience Points Add Show Map Button to Detail Planel
---------- Version 3.3.2a (20100606): ------------
Fix Show selected Quest/s in Minion Fix Quest Details by using the WoW Minion
+ Add MobMap Support by using the WoW Quest Frame (BETA) Change Minion: On open/close the zone on Quest Log Add/remove the Quest from the Minion
Fix Localizations Fix MoneyType error
+ Added Localizations:
Localization.kr.lua - Thank you chkid!
Localization.tw.lua - Thank you wowuicn!
Localization.cn.lua - Thank you wowuicn!
+ Added new localization loading and seperated all localizations into their own directory.
+ Added new "Images" directory
- Removed myAddOns support as it's no longer in development
Removed "Reborn Again CC" from mod name. It's not just reborn - It's here to stay!
Localization.es.lua - Fixed spanish localization not to load automatically. ES localization done by Arj2000.
Localization.ru.lua - Added russian localization by StingerSoft, Dr.JetCheshirsky, Swix
Fix for WoW patch v3.2
Uberquest.toc - Updated TOC to 30200
Uberquest.lua - Corrected for LUA changes for "QuestDifficultyColors" and "GetQuestDifficultyColor"
Uberquest.xml - Tried messing around with using the new WoW dual frame textures, but decided to leave existing Uberquest textures the same.
Implemented all changes from (Development) PTR version 3.2.2 minus the "QuestDifficultyColor" changes that PTR 3.2 requires.
Fixed for WoW patch v3.1 by BG (2009-05-08) Version Reborn Again 3.1 CC
Added lines :
local UQframe = getglobal("QuestLogFrame") -- BG
UQframe:SetScript("OnShow", UberQuest_ListShowHide) -- Fix for Patch 3.1 2009.05.08
in UberQuest_OnLoad function
Fixed: Active Quest Minion bug on line 1529 - still was trying to call function "ToggleQuestLog"
Fixed: Changes by LBXZero so that WoW default "Quest Log Toggle" now defaults to you're normal quest hot key. Both uberquest hotkey or WoW default keybinds can be used (if you really want two keys to open your quest log) or just one.
Fixed: Active Minion" option bug (Oops, inadvertently caused this)
Minor other changes to code, same functionality.
Fixed: Error when hovering over Abandon Quest button.
Fixed: MoneyFrame error at login caused by incorrect MoneyFrame_SetType
Several fixes for "self" and "SetTextColor"
.TOC changed to 30000
2.4 CC - Removed UberQuest2.4.3_Fan_Update.zip and uploaded UberQuest24CC.zip from comments from CaptCrunch located at http://wowui.worldofwar.net/?p=mod&m=4506
* Add quest to minion on progress - If selected in the configuration window, a quest will be automatically added to the minion if the player advances an objective of that quest
* Lightheaded button - If LightHeaded is detected, a WOWHead logo will appear in the upper right corner of the detail frame. When clicked, this will reattach the LightHeaded frame to UberQuest. I found that it was really easy to break the attachment just by moving the LH frame, using the "attach" console command, thinking it would work as advertised (it causes the LH frame to disappear when UberQuest is active), or in any number of other ways. This feature will immediate fix that problem without forcing you to do a "/console reloadui" to get it back.
* Updated TOC to work with the 2.4 patch
* Updated UberQuest to work with the new LightHeaded
* Resized the LightHeaded frame to match the size of the UberQuest detail frame
* Modified shift-clicking of quest titles to pass quest links to the chat window instead of text
* The scale slider has had its scale range increased to 150%. This is to accomodate players that use decreased UI scaling on WoW (even 100% was difficult to read at the lowest scale setting)
* The "Active Minion" option may now be used with locked minions. However, a locked minion is no longer click-through to the background; it just can't be moved.
· Added additional XML and LUA code changes by Aoon to be able to toggle the display of quest level in front of the new quest linking feature introduced in World of Warcraft v2.4
· Added the ability to use the new quest linking feature - changes recommended by Aoon. To show a quest link in your chat window, open the chat edit box and while having your UberQuest list open and Shift + Left Mouse Click a quest title to have it show up in your chat window as a quest link including level difficulty.
· Minor changes to the Readme.txt file
· Updated TOC to 20400
· Fixed errors that were calling incorrect LightHeaded functions on line 697, 1504 and 1614 of UberQuest.lua