Altoholic is an Ace 3 addon written for people who dedicate most of their time to leveling alts, and who want to have as much information as possible in one addon. The main feature of the addon is the search functionality which allows users to search their alts' bags or loot tables in an Auction-House-like frame (see screenshots). All this with multiple-realms/accounts support.
I've been playing WoW since the European release, and I used to rely on addons like character viewer to check my alts' inventory, but since it was more or less abandoned and not always stable for me, I decided to write an addon myself and to improve the search feature as much as I could. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do
The addon has been in development since December 2007 and was officially released in late March 2008. It's still not final, and although it has considerably evolved since the initial release, there are still a lot of things I haven't had time to implement yet.
Please note that this is my first addon, and that English is not my native language.
Characters' talents: Full talent trees & glyphs are supported for both specializations.
Money, /played, rest xp for each character, subtotals by realm, and grandtotals for the account.
Bag usage: see at a glance which characters should get bigger bags (bag size, free slots and types included)
Characters' skills: skill summary on one screen, namely the 2 main professions + the 3 secondary skills as well as riding. I may add more if there's demand. Profession cooldowns included.
Reputations: a list of all the reputations of the current realm's characters. You can see at a glance if all your alts are at least honored with Honor Hold if you want to get the new 2.4 blue PVP set. Suggestions on how to gring reputations will be available soon.
- View containers (bags, bank, keyring) of all alts, on all realms.
- Guild banks : You have 10 alts in 10 different guilds on the same server, all of them with access to a guild bank ? Not a problem, you can see them all here.
- E-mail: allows you to see which alts have mail without having to reconnect them. The addon will tell you when mail is about to expire on a character. Threshold configurable (up to 15 days). Multiple realm support as well. Mails sent to a known alt (one you've logged on at least once) will be visible in the addon without having to reconnect it.
- Equipment: See the equipment of the current realm's alts in one screen. Very useful when purchasing stuff for your alts at the AH. Multiple realms supported. Right-clicking any equipment piece will allow you to find an upgrade, this feature is similar to the official wow armory feature, and is quite performant, even though it doesn't match the accuracy of the official one.
- Search: the most important feature of the addon, it uses an AH-like frame to display search results. You can either search bags on the current realm, on all realms, or a loot table.
The loot table is a table based on AtlasLoot, but which contains only item id's, and therefore keeps memory usage minimal.
The Search menu allows you to find items based on their name (even partial), level, type or rarity, almost like at the AH. It is also possible to search known recipes.
- Quest Log: See the quest logs of all your alts, as well as an indication of which alts are on a specific quest. Clicking on a quest link in the chat log will tell you which alts are on that quest.
- Suggestions: Currently, only profession leveling suggestions are available when mousing over your current level in a specific profession. Suggestions are based on the leveling guides posted on the official US forums (credit goes to their respective authors). The addon also suggests you where to quest/grind xp depending on your character level.
Suggestions were also added for the most recent factions. More to come later.
- Auction house: You can see which auctions/bids you've placed with an alt without being logged in or being at the AH.
- Professions: You can browse all known recipes in a thotbot like frame (see screenshot).
- Mounts & Pets of all your alts.
- Achievements are tracked for all you alts (see screenshot).
- Guild Members: a list of your connected guildmates, along with their alts (if they're using Altoholic too), and their average item level. Clicking their AiL will also allow you to "remotely" inspect their equipment.
- Guild Skills: a list of altoholic users in your guild, along with their alts and direct profession links. All professions are available in one click.
- Guild Bank tabs: a list of altoholic users and the time at which they last visited the guild bank. If you haven't visited the guild bank for a few days, you can remotely update your local data without going to a capital city.
- I'd like to thank my guild, Odysseüs on EU-Marécages de Zangar, for assisting me since the earliest phases, thanks guys for everything you've done
- Thanks to the wowace community, you've been very helpful and this addon would not be there without the technical answers you gave me (especially Xinhuan, author of BankItems)
- Thanks to all the guys who are behind AtlasLoot, keeping the loot table up-to-date is a tremendous work, and the search functionality of Altoholic would not be what it is without your hard work.
- Thanks to Ayindi (wowace) & sLiz3r (curse) for the German translation.
- Thanks to NightOwl (wowace) for the zhTW translation.
- Thanks to Wang (wowace) for the zhCN translation.
- Thanks to Hellbot for the ruRU translation.
- Thanks to Laumac for the frFR translation.
- Thanks to IrregularByte for the esES translation.
- Brykrys for the LinkWrangler support.
Join the #altoholic IRC channel on Freenode : irc://irc.freenode.net:6667/
IMPORTANT NOTE: As with every new expansion, many things have changed in the API, and it is REQUIRED to clear your Saved Variables for the addon.
This means cleaning the following files in \WTF\Account\<your_account>\SavedVariables : Altoholic.lua & All DataStore*.lua
There WILL be bugs if you use your old files without cleaning them first.
Some fixes to work around API changes are too time consuming, so cleaning is required. A meager price to pay once per expansion.
- Added a pane in the Grids tab to track LFR lockouts across alts.
- Added support for the new void storage tab + reagent bank.
- Updated achievement lists.
- Updated tradeskills data (Grids tab)
- Fixed WoD related issues.
- DataStore_Reputations: fixed WoD compatibility.
- DataStore_Reputations: LibBabble-Factions is back.
Note : seriously Blizzard why on earth is GetFactionInfoByID no longer returning data for the opposite faction's reputations?
- DataStore_Talents: talents & glyph scanning is temporarily fully disabled. UI is still missing too, sorry about that.
- DataStore_Quests: fixed WoD compatibility.
- DataStore_Containers: Added support for the new void storage tab.
- DataStore_Containers: Added support for the new reagent bank.
- LibCraftInfo: updated for WoD.
- LibCraftLevels: updated for WoD.
- LibCraftReagent: updated for WoD.
- Currencies pane: removed unrequired tooltip.
- Uncommented the code that actually deletes linked realms.. silly me !
- DataStore_Crafts: reworked the processing of events that actually trigger profession scanning.
Note: The current implementation is based (not 100%) on how professions are scanned in Ackis Recipe List (thanks Ackis :D).
So far the tests I have made show a serious improvement, but the way events are triggered may not be 100% consistent, especially with regards to the TRADE_SKILL_UPDATE event.
The addon should no longer miss scans (please report if you notice problems).
- DataStore_Mails: fixed some problems related to merged realms, it should now work without problems anymore.
- DataStore_Mails: fixed issues where mail attachments (sent or returned) could be saved twice in the recipient's mailbox.
Changes by ckaotik (Huge thanks !)
- DataStore : Read addon version from .toc
- DataStore : Current character/guild key can now be used by character/guild based methods
- DataStore : added a few methods to support overriding methods
- Many minor fixes in DataStore_Achievements, Agenda, Containers, Crafts, Inventory, Mails, Talents
- DataStore_Quests : fixed tracking of completed quests
- Fixed MoP factions showing up as numbers.
- Suggested leveling zones are back in the account summary.
- Added an option to reset links between merged realms (some realms were marked as linked though they were not)
=> DataStore dropdown in the Account Summary
- Added an option to completely reset the DataStore databases, without having to manually delete the files in the SavedVariables folder
=> DataStore dropdown in the Account Summary
- Added an option to remember the faction filter across sessions. (Grids -> Reputations)
- Added an option to remember the currency filter across sessions. (Grids -> Currencies)
- Added an option to remember the companion filter across sessions. (Grids -> Companions)
- Added an option to remember the mount filter across sessions. (Grids -> Mounts)
- Added an option to remember the tradeskills filter across sessions. (Grids -> Tradeskills)
- Added an option to remember the archaeology filter across sessions. (Grids -> Archaeology)
- Item counts for guilds on merged realms should now be visible too (sorry can't test this myself).
- Added missing faction "Emperor Shaohao".
- Altoholic: removed LibBabble-Faction
- DataStore_Reputations: removed LibBabble-Faction.
- Fixed lua error when using the search function.
- Fixed double item counts in the tooltip.
- Improved the search functionality to be less restrictive.
- DataStore_Containers now triggers extra events for client addons.
- DataStore_Inventory now triggers extra events for client addons.
- DataStore_Auctions now triggers extra events for client addons.
- DataStore_Mails now triggers extra events for client addons.
- Fixed bugs related to full names (name+realm) in the Guild tab.
- Added a pane in the account summary to show the PVE & PVP currencies.
- Added tooltip support for connected realms.
Note: DataStore needs to learn about connected realms, to do so, send 1 mail to an alt on a connected realm.
The connection is understood both ways (realm A to B, and B to A) with a single mail.
If you are connected to more than 1 realm, send 1 mail per link.
Ex: for 3 realms, send 1 mail from realm A to B, one from A to C, and one from B to C.
The mail can consist of just text, no attachment or gold required.
- Added an option to show/hide item count from connected realms.
- Added support for mails sent to/returned from alts on connected realms.
Note: Realm names are packed ("Marécage de Zangar" => "MarécagedeZangar") by Blizzard, this is supported.
If you notice something weird with your realm, please report it.
- Altoholic: removed LibBabble-Zone
- Updated the internal loot table and removed duplicate entries also found in LPT.
- DataStore_Inventory: removed LibBabble-Zone.
- DataStore_Reputations: removed LibBabble-Zone.
- Removed leveling suggestions from the character level tooltip in the account summary, as this information is now part of the game's world map.
- Updated the AiL tooltip, level 60 & 70 dungeons are now commented (tooltip was getting long), and level 90 was added. (Thanks Pseudopath on WoWinterface)
- Fixed issues related to scanning void storage (Thanks Lombra !)
- Several minor fixes (Thanks Lombra again !!)
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com