Minion Beta! - Help us test our new AddOn updater. Get it now!
Download
(1 Kb)
Download
Updated: 06-16-11 08:34 AM
Pictures
File Info
Updated:06-16-11 08:34 AM
Created:unknown
Downloads:62,766
Favorites:363
MD5:

pError  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)

Version: 40100.5-Release
by: p3lim [More]

This addon is discontinued.


Description:
pError is a simple addon to filter out spam in the UIErrorsFrame.
Its designed to be robust and easy to use.
If you're not exactly sure about what it does, take a look at the screenshot to the right.


FAQ:
How do I filter more errors?
Simple, just use the '/perror' slash command to add error strings.
Example: '/perror spell is not ready yet'

This takes a long time! Can't I do this faster?
You can make pError listen to the UIErrorsFrame and put anything that shows into the database.
Usage: '/perror listen'

How do I remove error filters?
Just use the '/perror' slash command like you added it.

How can I see what errors I filter out?
Use '/perror list' and the saved list will be printed out.

How can I reset the whole list?
Use '/perror reset' to reset the database.

How can I remove all errors at once?
This addon does not do this, look for a different one.

Full changelog can be found on GitHub:
http://github.com/p3lim/pError/commits/master/
Archived Files (13)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
40100.5-Release
1kB
p3lim
06-12-11 08:04 PM
30300.4-Release
1kB
p3lim
12-30-09 02:04 PM
30200.3-Beta
1kB
p3lim
08-29-09 12:34 PM
30200.1-Beta
1kB
p3lim
08-08-09 10:07 AM
30100.20
1kB
p3lim
07-28-09 07:09 PM
30100.19
1kB
p3lim
07-28-09 05:23 PM
30100.18
1kB
p3lim
05-08-09 04:03 PM
30100.17
2kB
p3lim
04-26-09 06:31 PM
30100.16
1kB
p3lim
04-17-09 09:35 AM
30000.15
1kB
p3lim
04-13-09 05:02 PM
30000.13
1kB
p3lim
02-08-09 11:15 AM
30000.12
1kB
p3lim
01-21-09 02:46 PM
30000.10
1kB
p3lim
01-03-09 01:40 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 03-31-08, 06:19 AM  
nodq
A Kobold Labourer
 
nodq's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 105
Uploads: 0
Cool

Great, finally i can kick 1 of my 2 last ACE crap addons, and now just another MegaByte of ram usage free

Byebye ErrorMonster...


Thanks for this one.



greets
nodq is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-08, 08:17 AM  
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1320
File comments: 1185
Uploads: 25
Re: Cool

Originally posted by nodq
Great, finally i can kick 1 of my 2 last ACE crap addons, and now just another MegaByte of ram usage free

Byebye ErrorMonster...


Thanks for this one.



greets
ErrorMonster is a good addon, and so is most Ace addons.
p3lim is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-08, 09:56 AM  
nodq
A Kobold Labourer
 
nodq's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 105
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Cool

Originally posted by p3lim
ErrorMonster is a good addon, and so is most Ace addons.

Ive not much ram, the only thing i can tell you is... after killing all ACE2 stuff im around of a Memory usage of 4MB without Blizzard stuff, befor with ACE2 it was 15-20MB!

So, best example is this addon here, takes what? 10kB? ErrorMonster tooked more than 1MB, thats fucking ridiclious, and btw. to just say most of ACE2 addons are good is in the same way stupid to say all are bad

ACE2,rock,dogtag,blablabla all these stupid libs suck ass, that simple.


ps: you find errormonster good, oki then tell me why you are doing this addon here? you could just use errormonster instead if its that good like you say, right?
Last edited by nodq : 03-31-08 at 10:00 AM.
nodq is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-08, 10:47 AM  
DJJoeJoe
A Murloc Raider
 
DJJoeJoe's Avatar
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 168
Uploads: 1
Re: Re: Re: Cool

Originally posted by nodq
ACE2,rock,dogtag,blablabla all these stupid libs suck ass, that simple.
:S I love dogtag.
ps: you find errormonster good, oki then tell me why you are doing this addon here? you could just use errormonster instead if its that good like you say, right?
Lots of authors do custom versions for specific jobs they want done, and do it via small addons in modular ways. If no one created addons simply because some other addon did the same function we'd cut the number of addons down by over half, that's not really a good thing. Choice is beautiful.
__________________

Joetest - Ner'Zhul - Disciples of Death
DJJoeJoe is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-08, 02:11 PM  
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1320
File comments: 1185
Uploads: 25
Re: Re: Re: Cool

Originally posted by nodq
Ive not much ram, the only thing i can tell you is... after killing all ACE2 stuff im around of a Memory usage of 4MB without Blizzard stuff, befor with ACE2 it was 15-20MB!

So, best example is this addon here, takes what? 10kB? ErrorMonster tooked more than 1MB, thats fucking ridiclious, and btw. to just say most of ACE2 addons are good is in the same way stupid to say all are bad

ACE2,rock,dogtag,blablabla all these stupid libs suck ass, that simple.


ps: you find errormonster good, oki then tell me why you are doing this addon here? you could just use errormonster instead if its that good like you say, right?
What is this rant about memory? Im all about CPU.
And I use diffrent libs and ace mods myself.
Reason I prefer this is cause i like to fiddle with lua instead of ingame guis
p3lim is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-08, 06:06 AM  
Xwonic
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 18
Uploads: 0
Re: Cool

Originally posted by nodq
Great, finally i can kick 1 of my 2 last ACE crap addons, and now just another MegaByte of ram usage free

Byebye ErrorMonster...


Thanks for this one.



greets
ErrorMonster uses 21kb of memory lol, and it has been there for along time so no need upgrading to another addon, still it is an alternative
Xwonic is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-08, 07:10 AM  
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1320
File comments: 1185
Uploads: 25
Re: Re: Cool

Originally posted by Xwonic
ErrorMonster uses 21kb of memory lol, and it has been there for along time so no need upgrading to another addon, still it is an alternative
I dont need the fancy options, its a matter of taste
p3lim is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-08, 09:41 AM  
DJJoeJoe
A Murloc Raider
 
DJJoeJoe's Avatar
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 168
Uploads: 1
I built my new computer and in the transfer and clean up of my UI and addons I seem to have missed this one, I've been playing with the errors displaying for close to a month now.

All I can say is, once you go pError you never go back! I missed you little buddy!

/hug
__________________

Joetest - Ner'Zhul - Disciples of Death
DJJoeJoe is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-08, 12:53 PM  
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1320
File comments: 1185
Uploads: 25
Originally posted by DJJoeJoe
I built my new computer and in the transfer and clean up of my UI and addons I seem to have missed this one, I've been playing with the errors displaying for close to a month now.

All I can say is, once you go pError you never go back! I missed you little buddy!

/hug
Im glad you like it
p3lim is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-08, 08:15 AM  
Frayol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
Frayol's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 10
File comments: 127
Uploads: 4
Brilliant addon, it's so simple that even I can add custom events to block! Best of all is the anti-spam bit, blocking things for showing more than once. Genius!
Frayol is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-08, 09:55 PM  
Competition
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 20
Uploads: 0
pChat Mod

I know this is pError mod forum here but for some goddang reason i can't send you a PM message so here goes.

I got pChat back in 2.4 or so and love it will you be updating that for 3.0?

BTW thanks for pError i use it too ..lol
Competition is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-08, 08:14 AM  
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1320
File comments: 1185
Uploads: 25
Re: pChat Mod

Originally posted by Competition
I know this is pError mod forum here but for some goddang reason i can't send you a PM message so here goes.

I got pChat back in 2.4 or so and love it will you be updating that for 3.0?

BTW thanks for pError i use it too ..lol
pChat was just a fork out of oChat, get that and twiggle with it to your likings
p3lim is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-08, 02:44 AM  
yo_man
A Murloc Raider

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 7
Uploads: 0
Hi!! I play on russian server! And last version pError for patch 3.0.2 doesn't work on my client... but previous version (for 2.4.) work nice after .toc version editing.
It seems like new version has problems with localisations... is it possible?
p.s. and sorry for my bad english
Last edited by yo_man : 10-17-08 at 05:14 AM.
yo_man is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-08, 07:02 AM  
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer
 
p3lim's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1320
File comments: 1185
Uploads: 25
Originally posted by yo_man
Hi!! I play on russian server! And last version pError for patch 3.0.2 doesn't work on my client... but previous version (for 2.4.) work nice after .toc version editing.
It seems like new version has problems with localisations... is it possible?
p.s. and sorry for my bad english
This addon doesnt mess with any kind of localization, it runs the blizzard globals.
p3lim is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-08, 01:32 PM  
Tenelov
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 17
Uploads: 5
Originally posted by p3lim
This addon doesnt mess with any kind of localization, it runs the blizzard globals.
p3lim, check the list here http://www.wowwiki.com/WoW_Constants/Errors and clear your blacklist (SPELL_FAILED_CASTER_AURASTATE, SPELL_FAILED_SPELL_IN_PROGRESS etc) ;(
Tenelov is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: