NinjaYell is a small addon useful for announcing to your group when key spells are applied, removed or missed (resisted, immune, dodge, etc.).
By default NinjaYell will announce:
How do I add my own spells?
NinjaYell does not have any kind of config, which is one of the things that keeps this addon so small. To edit what spells you want NinjaYell to announce, open up core.lua in the NinjaYell folder and follow the directions inside. It should be pretty straightforward.
I've added quite a few comments to the core.lua file (they're the lines with the -- before them) to help explain what's happening and what you need to do to add your own spells & messages.
Questions, comments, bug reports, etc.:
Use the buttons under the DOWNLOAD button or leave a comment.
- Removed use of a metatable
- Rearranged addon structure to allow referencing to NinjaYell's tables in game.
- Added slash command to enable/disable the mod
- Fixed a few bugs and (hopefully) made it more efficient
- Added "Interrupt" messages for spells like Kick and Counterspell. Simply add the spell in like you would any other, but instead of making messages for Applied or Faded use Interrupt
- So I decided to log on to my mage to make sure NinjaYell worked for Polymorph, and lo and behold! NinjaYell didn't work for casting at all! This is what I get for exclusively playing a rogue. Oh well, it should be fixed now, I'd appreciate it if someone else could give me some feedback on it.
- If you don't have any SCT addons AND you're not using Blizzard's FCT, it will use the SAY channel
- ToC Version change
- Added color variable. Change the values in this table to change the color of the messages displayed through SCT