New in v0.8: The Gossipmonger Filter system has been implemented! This allows those familiar with basic Lua to create their own custom "filter" functions to automate the selection of gossip options and quests. See Filters.lua for instructions (API) and examples.
Those poor NPCs. It seemed to them as if no one was interested in what they had to say any more. Show them some love: Hear them out before you carry on with your business once in a while! In some cases, you could be missing out on important or interesting details about the NPC or the world around it.
Automatically skipping greeting/gossip text is convenient, but what if you are actually interested in seeing what the NPC has to say first? Or perhaps even better, what if you want greeting text to be shown alongside the vendor window/bank/whatnot? This addon will let you do just that!
By default, Gossipmonger makes skipping gossip work the same way that WoW normally handles it (skipping ahead if there's only one option to select and it isn't a quest or conversation option) except that a new window appears at the same time as the window for the vendor/bank/whatever-it-is which shows the gossip text you would otherwise have missed. However, if you hold down Shift, there is no skipping ahead, letting you see the gossip text in its normal window. You can change the modifier key to Alt or Ctrl instead of Shift if you wish. You can also change the settings so that Gossipmonger will only skip ahead when you hold down the modifier key, defaulting to opening the normal gossip window.
Another option is to have the addon inform you in one of two ways when you skip something: Scrolling Combat Text's message frame (if you have that addon) and/or the default chat log.
Buy Tuhljin a snack so he'll feel guilty about not yet implementing that suggestion you made. Or maybe just to show your support. That works, too.
- Added an option to change whether the Gossip Bubble will reappear after using the quest-jumping feature to select another quest.
- Quest-jumping now works with NPCs that use the Quest Greeting method instead of the more typical Gossip Frame. (This method appears in most ways the same as the more typical method so players may not have noticed a difference except that quest-jumping didn't work with some NPCs.)
- Fixed an issue where the Gossip Bubble didn't behave properly after quest-jumping when using certain settings.
- Fixed an issue where filters were not ignored properly when declining a quest.
- Fixed an issue where the Gossip Bubble would sometimes disappear when quest rewards are shown.
- Updated to work with WoW 3.1.
- Quest-jumping feature added! When enabled, a Gossip Bubble window appears when you are talking to an NPC about a quest if another dialog option was offered by the NPC, allowing one-click "jumping" from the quest displayed to the other option.
- The Gossipmonger Filter system has been implemented! This allows those familiar with Lua to create their own custom "filter" functions to automate the selection of gossip options and quests. See Filters.lua for instructions (API) and examples.
- The color of NPC names in the Gossip Bubble is now based on the NPC's reaction to you (friendly, neutral, etc.).
- The Gossip Bubble frame no longer captures mouse wheel activity unless the text and options displayed are enough to warrant scrolling.
- Updated for WoW 3.0.
- The contents of the Interface Options panel are now not created until they are needed.
- The Gossip Bubble's "Goodbye" button now closes the Arena Battles window if it is open, as was intended.
- Fixed an issue where innkeepers couldn't properly trigger the Gossip Bubble.
- The gossip icon now appears next to SCT messages triggered by Gossipmonger.
- Increased width of gossip text area slightly to avoid cutting off edges of letters when talking to some NPCs.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com