Magic Marker lets you easily classify and mark mobs simply by moving the mouse over them while pressing a modifier key. This allows incredibly fast marking of trash groups. Although not necessary for the addon to function, you can configure the priority and crowd control methods you wish to use on a per mob basis. You can also customize the marks to use for tank targets and each crowd control method. This allows for consistent marking of targets to tank and crowd control in raid and party situations
Mob-level configuration to specify the priority, desired category (i.e Tank or Crowd Control) and applicable crowd control methods.
Automatically learns new crowd control methods as they are discovered.
Prioritize raid icon configuration for tank targets and all crowd control methods.
Prioritize crowd control methods.
Separate priorities for crowd controlling and tanking (optional).
Marks targets in priority order simply my mousing over them.
Automatically learn about new mobs as you encounter them.
Ability to unmark and mark targets manually at the press of a button.
Ability to ignore mobs you don't want to mark.
Never use more raid icons for a specific CC method than there are members of the class in the raid/party (i.e if there are two mages in the raid, there will never be more than 2 targets marked for sheeping).
Option to honor externally marked targets (i.e if someone manually marked a target MagicMarker won't clobber it).
Option to preserve marks on the raid members.
Ability to save a template of the marks on the raid and recall them (not persistant).
Ability to mark members of the raid based on some preset rules.
Full fledged dynamically generated UI to configure all the details (while using minimal amount of memory).
Network syncing for marking, unmarking and sharing of the mob database and mark/cc settings.
Clears used marks when mob dies.
Send a list of marks, mob name and kill/cc method to the raid / party chat channel.
Keybindings to manipulate mob configuration (priorities, category) without opening the mob database, makes initial configuration and adjustments easier.
Ability to select minimum number of mobs to always mark as tank targets.
Ability to import data from MagicMarker_Data (included in the package).
Add support for MobSpells (extra, but useful, information).
Ability to assign tanks / CCers per symbol (and/or do it automatically - use oRA2 MT list for tanks, and smart order for others (i.e hibernate = boomkin => resto => feral)).
Ability to exclude certain specs from CC counts (i.e never count a feral druid for hibernate).
Improve networking code make multiple users in a raid work better.
Block use of BigWigs specific raid icon when engaged in a boss fight.
More templates for marking key players in the raid such as "mark all healers", "mark all tanks" etc.
Changes in 1.0.194:
- Difficulty fix + toc bump (not that it's not fully supported in WoD yet).
- Fixed very serious issue with GUID to mob ID conversion. All data recorded during Cataclysm is invalid. However I try to recover any configuration done while you run an instance again.
- Added Bind Elemental.
- Updated crowd control spells, removing old ones and making sure durations are up to speed.
Changes in 1.0.177:
- Really fixed the issue with mobdata being nil for fresh installs.
Changes in 1.0.173:
- Fixed a nil error when installing the addon for the first time.
Changes in 1.0.171:
- Properly group the newest wrath dungeons in the wrath category.
- Add Cataclysm dungeons to a new cata category (hopefully got them all).
Changes in 1.0.169:
- Native LDB Dataprovider replaces FuBar_MagicMarker (which no longer will work).
Changes in 1.0.162:
- Marking now also works if you're outside a group.
Changes in 1.0.154:
- Fixed a bug with the heroic raid instance merging that prevented the addon from working correctly.
Changes in 1.0.152:
- Fixed for 3.2.
- Sort zones in the mob database by era (Original, BC, WotLK) and instance type (Normal, Heroic, Raid).
- Merge heroic raids into the normal raid data. There's no reason to differentiate heroic and normal raids.
Changes in 1.0.151:
- Added new mage polymorphs (rabbit, serpent etc) and hunter Freezing Arrow to the list of CC spells.
Changes in 1.0.150:
- Added Repentance as a crowd control method.
- Fixed auto-learning of Hex (so it learns Hex, not Burn Down...)
- Name the the subframes in the custom widgets so the OnShows of the template don't throw errors
- Bumped toc for 3.1
Changes in 1.0.147:
- Fixed some weird behavior related to syncing (hopefully).
- Added special hack for Thaddius to unmark Stalagg and Feugen - they don't die (untested).
- Fixed some cases where FuBar_MagicMarker display wasn't updated correctly.
- Added revision in the .toc version field. Bump to repackage with new libs.
- Added Hex as a valid crowd control method.
- Packaged alone, no longer includes FuBar_MagicMarker or the default data.
Changes for 20080717.0129:
- Save MM_Data imported version globally instead of in a profile (since mob data is global).
- Send network updates when settings are changed for individual mobs. This data is queued and not sent during combat to avoid unnecessary spamming.
- Never change CC -> tank for targets received over the network.
- Fixed an issue that incorrectly counted crowd controlled targets when dealing with network assignment data.
- These two issues caused MM to incorrectly changed data received over the network (could cause mark bounce issues).
- Potentially fixed a couple of nil bugs (but root cause is uncertain so they might pop up somew
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com