See the Change Log tab for a list of all changes and updates.
PocketPlot was originally written as a very lightweight minimap addon with option available only through the lua file. However, I felt like doing more with it and I took my hubby's feature requests and implemented them. Thus, PocketPlot 2.0 was born, with an in-game config screen and other new additions.
different shapes for your minimap
thin, black border (customizable color/alpha)
border and clock/coords have options to be colored by class (optional support for !ClassColors)
moved and streamlined tracking/mail/bg/voice/LFG icons
moved zone text
option to hide zone text
SharedMedia support for fonts
scroll with mousewheel
hides map button, zoom in/out, etc.
moved and streamlined clock
option to disable the clock
coordinates display (click coords to toggle world map, shift-click to send coords to chat)
"smart" coords/clock display (change positions depending on what's shown), can show below or above minimap **new: with offsets
ability to move other frames related to the minimap (durability, vehicle seat indicator, instance difficulty/guild flag)
can also move WorldStateAlwaysUpFrame (top-center of screen status display)
right-click the minimap to toggle showing the in-game calendar (default flashing ? still shows for new calendar invites)
custom minimap blip textures to choose from
can change the alpha/transparency of the minimap
option to hide the minimap in combat
clamp LFD tooltip to screen
each character has a choice of using either a global or character specific profile
How do I move the minimap or other frames?
In the PocketPlot config window, enable the mover for the frame you wish to reposition in the movers menu. Drag it wherever you wish. When finished, select "None" from the movers menu to get rid of the blue anchor. You can use the "Nudge" buttons to move a frame by one pixel at a time in any direction.
Where can I find more fonts?
For further font choices, I suggest the SharedMedia addon. Have a font you want to use that's not in there? Read the "Instructions for MyMedia.txt" file in the SharedMedia folder.
How can I move the tower capture bars?
I have opted to not support moving those, as it's a PITA to do so. I suggest the mods Capping or SSPVP3 for all of your pvp needs (including moving the capture bars and score frame).
How can I give feedback?
Feel free to leave your comments/questions here, but all bug reports and feature requests need to go to my portal if you want me to remember to do them.
Can I use your code/blips?
All use of my code and custom blips separate from PocketPlot must be for your own personal use and they may not be redistributed separate from the addon. You may use snippets of my code in addons you intend to distribute only after receiving permission, and credit must be given.
Can I redistribute your addons?
My addons may only be redistributed in UI compilations, and any mention of the addon must point to its download page or my portal, both on wowinterface.
Do you accept cookies?
I love cookies! Unfortunately, they may turn to crumbs in the mail. Instead, you may donate to my cookie fund via PayPal.
- fixed lib issue
- updated for Legion
- 2 new minimap shapes
- added shortcuts and optimizations to the coords frame
- temporarily disabled custom blip textures (had the textures all updated, then realized the UI was using a different file now - will be fixed up soon)
- updated TOC number for WoD
- updated minimap blip textures
- added new minimap shape: "Half Round"
- updated TOC number for 5.4
- updated libs
- updated minimap blip textures for new icons (new ones should no longer be hiding!)
- 4 new minimap shapes
- updated for MoP
- changed button names
- added option to offset zone text
- added MiniMapChallengeMode to the movers list
- made mover frame text one pt larger and outlined
- battleground and lfg queues now share a button - fixed code to account for this
- updated libs
- removed "MONOCHROME" font flag because it currently crashes the client
- increase offsets for clock & coords in options GUI
- updated TOC for 4.3
- changed LFDSearchStatus to LFGSearchStatus
- updated custom blip textures for new icons and texture dimensions
- updated libs
- added: ability to offset clock & coords text vertically
- updated libs
- updated TOC number
- tweaked options layout to fit bigger window
- FIXED: moverText nil error
- FIXED: minimap mover behavior when minimap is set to a scale other than 1
- ADDED: new minimap blip textures and the ability to change them in the options window!
- fixed nil error when trying to move frames - sorry!
- updated libs
- you will no longer ping the minimap when right-clicking to open the calendar
- added: 6 new masks to change the shape of your minimap!
- added: gave in and added support for WorldStateAlwaysUpFrame finally (used more often now than it used to be)
- fixed: mover frame should properly show in front of the frame its moving
- fixed: centered zone text
- changed: use ToggleCalendar() instead of what I had before
- added GuildInstanceDifficulty flag to the movers list
- Updated for Cataclysm!
- new minimap blip textures, supporting all icons
- font preview in options, using AceGUI-3.0-SharedMediaWidgets
- wider coordinates frame, for bigger fonts
- on/off box for clock removed in Interface Options, so ADDED to PocketPlot
- tweaked clock/coord positioning code
- New font - Negotiate Free (fully redistributable, license included)
- fix for ChatFrameEditBox error when shift-clicking coordinates into chat
- throttle on OnUpdate script for coordinate updates (now every .3 seconds instead of every frame draw)
- coords no longer hide when going into an instance - ALL instances provide coordinates as of Cataclysm
- clamp LFD tooltip to screen
- added shadow for coordinates text to match clock (thanks, Elviswind)
- fixed typo ><
- added mover for MiniMapInstanceDifficulty frame
- fixed for 3.3 changes
- updated libs and TOC number
- fixed quirky behavior with moving frames
- can't move new quest tracker (yet?)
- right-clicking the minimap to open the Calendar frame will no longer Ping the map
- right-clicking for calendar access now works as a toggle (the calendar will close if already open)
- clicking the coordinates display to show the world map now acts as a toggle (will hide the map if already open - useful if you have an addon that resizes the world map)
- shift-clicking the coordinate display will send your current location to chat
- added option to modify how fonts are rendered (with outline, monochrome, etc)
- added some additional profile options (copy from global profile and reset profile)
- a couple general code changes
- added a form of profile support (characters can use a global or character specific profile)
- added option to hide zone text
- added option to change minimap alpha
- added option to hide minimap when in combat
- let me know if there are any bugs - there were a lot of changes adding the profile support
- added "nudge" buttons for frame movers
- added confirmation box for resetting frame positions and reloading UI
- changed alpha of the blue mover frame so you can see behind it
- tweaked the frame mover code - should be a lot more reliable
- fixed a bug for new users without saved variables
- added circle skin with circular background
- added support to move the VehicleSeatIndicator frame
- updated libs
- bumped TOC version
- update libs
- rolled in 3.1 changes with compatability code - will work both on live and on PTR
- added two new options to change the strata and the level of the minimap
- a few optimizations
v.2.4 (dowload located under Beta tab)
- update for 3.1
- removed movers for quest tracking frame, quest timer, achievement tracker - these frames are all part of the new, movable tracking frame in 3.1
- fixed error if no !ClassColors installed
- no reload ui required to update colors changed with !ClassColors
- added optional support for !ClassColors: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12513-ClassColors.html
- border and clock/coords can now be colored by class
- changed mail icon to that from the tracker
- moved font registration with LSM out of PLAYER_LOGIN event function to get rid of an error with Grid (no clue why that error was even happening, but oh well...)
- fix nil errors on new installs of 2.0 (I blame Shirik - "why do you have that there? It should work fine without it" he said... :P )
- MiniMapCluster:EnableMouse(false) --> this is so that you can still click through to the world frame in that corner if you've moved the minimap
- worked some magic on the tracking and mail icons to get rid of the thin white line around the outside
- oops - my cleanup broke it :p
- fix for nil error when trying to do stuff from options
- Smart coords are smarter! They now disappear if in an instance
- LSM now comes with the addon - I think I actually save 1-2kb of memory :P
- background color will now save properly
Merge of 2.0 branch into trunk
- options panel
- frame movers
- fixed: somehow the tracking button got moved :/
- fixed: updated blip textures. There was a new blip icon - who knew?
- added: path to default blip textures in the comments for that option, just in case you prefer those over mine
- fixed: zone text so it scales with the minimap
- changed: zone text to OUTLINE (instead of MONOCHROME) so it's a little more readable...
- fixed: pending calendar invites will still show the flashy question mark
- merged in the wotlk branch from http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10254-PocketPlot-wotlk.html
- support for new clock added in 2.4.3 (clicking the clock toggles the new Clock/Alarm interface window)
- placed LFG icon
- placed Voice chat icon
- converted settings to variables and moved their values to the top of the lua for easier option configuration
- oops! added version number to toc
tweaked blip textures - instead of having an embossed look (which made them look larger) they now have a rounded look to them. The size of the tracking dots (players/mobs) was decreased slightly as well.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com