Wintergrasp is now supported! Give it a test and report any issues you find here.
Intel tracks the status of world PvP objectives such as Wintergrasp, Halaa, the Bone Wastes, towers, and other points of interest around Azeroth and Outland. This status, including details such as the time since the objective last changed hands and when a timed event is scheduled to occur (e.g., the Bone Wastes becoming capturable), can be seen on the world map using icons, a countdown/number-captured tracking frame, and tooltips.
Collected data is saved per realm for use in future sessions.
See the included readme.txt file for more information, including usage instructions.
Use with ZoneDefense
ZoneDefense (ZD) is a sister addon to Intel. It is available for download here. Neither is required for the other to operate, but they do complement each other in a number of ways:
When ZoneDefense looks for a place to ping on the world map, it checks with Intel to see if one of its icons would work best.
When ZoneDefense receives shared alarms while you are in an instance, it forwards them to Intel. This allows Intel to continue to update world objective information when it normally would be unable to do so. (ZD does not have to be set to display shared alarms to forward them to Intel; it need only be set to share them.)
When Intel outputs a "pseudo-alarm," such as when a Wyvern Camp is captured or lost (an event not reported by LocalDefense/WorldDefense and thus not normally output to the chat log), it can have ZoneDefense format the message in the manner of a LocalDefense alarm, as customized by the player.
When an "under attack" alarm is triggered for a Wintergrasp subzone, the ZoneDP system that ZoneDefense includes (a part of Zone Log) allows Intel to recognize the subzone and thus consider Wintergrasp to have been attacked.
Buy Tuhljin a snack so he'll feel guilty about not yet implementing that suggestion you made. Or maybe just to show your support. That works, too.
The change log lists changes of particular note to users, not every change made.
- Updated for WoW 4.0.1.
- Moved the INTEL button to the top left corner of the world map.
- Updated for WoW 3.3: Additions to the world map (icons, pings, tooltips, INTEL button) should again be shown reliably and in the proper positions.
- Updated for WoW 3.2.
- Wintergrasp is now supported, tracking time until the next battle, time since a battle began, which faction is in control of the zone, and when the last "under attack" defense alarm triggered for the zone. For best results, use with the ZoneDefense addon: This allows "under attack" alarms from subzones in Wintergrasp to be considered an attack on the zone and, as always, improves the look and functionality of Intel-generated alarms (e.g. "The Battle for Wintergrasp will begin in 5 minutes!").
- Last attack time for a location is now remembered between sessions.
- Updated icon data and included updated library to account for Eastern Plaguelands changes in WoW 3.0.
- Updated for WoW 3.0.
- When party/raid-member markers are near an Intel icon or frame on the world map, the Intel tooltip now takes
priority, resolving the issue where these markers could prevent an Intel tooltip from appearing when desired.
- When Intel tooltips are displayed, the names of units near the cursor are now added to a secondary tooltip,
making it easier to see who is near the location.
- The above tooltip-consolidating changes also apply to spirit healer locations and the player's corpse marker.
- Contested towers in Eastern Plaguelands now properly show as contested and a pseudo-alarm is generated when
they become contested. (For easier identification at a glance, "contested tower" icons are used instead of the
standard "neutral tower" icons.)
- Fixed an error that occurred when clicking a ZoneDefense-formatted Wyvern Camp hyperlink. For best results,
use ZoneDefense version 0.61 or later.
- If the addon ZoneDefense (version 0.60 or later) is installed, Intel can now use it to format pseudo-alarms in
the manner of a LocalDefense alarm, as customized by the player through ZD.
- Added an option to reset node data from previous sessions. (Intentionally excludes countdown timers.)
- Fixed an issue where pseudo-alarms sometimes reported that a node that was just captured was lost while in
Hellfire Peninsula or Eastern Plaguelands.
- Fixed an issue where nodes' "last change" time could improperly remain "Unknown" if data from a previous session
was in place before the change occurs.
- Fixed an issue where Halaa sometimes started the session with a Neutral icon when control is actually Unknown.
- Fixed an issue where undesired or excessive pseudo-alarms (chat log messages) indicating changes to Wyvern Camps
were given when Halaa is captured while you are in Nagrand.
- Fixed an issue where Halaa's Wyvern Camps sometimes used the wrong icon after loading data from another session.
- Intel can now notify you via a pseudo-alarm when Halaa loses guards while you are in Nagrand in addition to when
it gains them.
- When a pseudo-alarm involving gaining or losing guards is issued, it will now give the number of guards gained
or lost when there is more than one.
- Resetting to the maximum number of guards after Halaa is captured should no longer generate a pseudo-alarm.
- Adjusted the size of the Spirit Towers tracker.
- Fixed an issue where the number of captured Spirit Towers could sometimes be off by one if you are in the
zone when the capture is made and the WorldDefense message lagged behind the in-zone states update.
- Initial public release of preview version.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com