SkillUp replaces the default message recieved when a skill increases. The Blizzard UI uses the format "Your skill in [skill] has increased to [value]." SkillUp creates a new line in the format "Your skill in [skill] has increased to [value] out of [maxvalue]."
SkillUp options can be edited using the provided GUI. Type /skillup to access it.
SkillUp now supports extension addons. Three examples are included with this release: SkillUp+Ding, SkillUp+MaxLineColor, and SkillUp+UCase (all three are disabled by default -- you must go enable them if you want to use them).
SkillUp+Ding plays a sound when you max out one of your skills.
SkillUp+MaxLineColor colors an entire skill message when the skill is maxed (rather than just the normal skill name and current skill value).
SkillUp+UCase makes the skill name display in all upper case.
See the bottom of the SkillUp\SkillUp.lua file as well as the example extensions for more information on how to implement your own addons to extend SkillUp.
Version 3.3 Stability/Testing:
This is the current stable release. There are no known bugs with this release, but as always, please report any that you find. Thank you.
- Fixed issue when severely below skill cap (such as when low level fishers learn Draenor fishing)
- Updated TOC for 6.0
- Updated TOC for 5.4
- Adjusted coloring gradient formula - now does percent of 100 points from the maximum instead percent of all points
- "Way of the ___" now uses Cooking's maximum skill (instead of "??").
- Updated TOC for 5.0
- Added Delete Profile button
- Added button to reset settings to defaults (no confirmation prompt here, as you can click cancel to not save the changes)
- Fixed bugs caused by 4.0 patch
- Updated TOC for 4.0
- Added profile settings, with a new GUI window for managing them
- Saved variables switched to account rather than per character (any existing settings were reset)
- Changed the way the command line is parsed (should be no difference to the player)
- Added two hookable functions: one before SkillUp generates its output message and one after it generates the message but before it is displayed
- Added confirmation prompt before settings are reset to default (/skillup default)
- Updated TOC for 3.3
- Added a few more localization variables that should have been used before
- Added alternate "gradient" coloring mode
- Updated the options GUI
- Updated TOC for 3.1
- Reworked how SkillUp skill messages are displayed. SkillUp now modifies the original message, rather than preventing the original and displaying its own.
- Updated TOC for 3.0
- Finished options GUI (accessible via /skillup)
- Added additional color options
- Default colors changed to have red as low and green as high
- SkillUpColor.lua removed
- Updated TOC for 2.4
- Fixed bug regarding "this" introduced in one of the WoW 2.1.x patches (enable/disable works again now)
- Updated TOC for 2.2
- Additional ChatFrame support (not always the default chat frame)
- Code redone to allow for future localization
- Updated TOC for 2.1
- "Coloring" for current skill value available
- Enable/disable the addon from the command line
- /skillup slash command added w/ help list
- Settings saved per character
- Auto-unchecks "Skill" from the default chat window's options upon loading
- Messages use "Skill" color instead of always blue