InspectEquip attaches a panel to the inspect window that shows a list of the character's equipment sorted by source (i.e. Raid: Dragon Soul, Vendor, Crafted...). This gives you a quick overview of a character's equipment.
InspectEquip also adds detailed item source information (including boss names, item prices for vendor items etc) to all item tooltips.
Currently supported items include (no green items):
All raid items with detailed boss information, including Mists of Pandaria raids
Dungeon drops for all instances
Quest rewards for dungeon/raid quests, including legendary items
Justice/Valor Point items
Honor/Conquest Point items
Reputation items sold by faction vendors
Darkmoon Faire items, including the cards and the new rewards
The Kirin Tor rings sold in Dalaran
World Event items
The Argent Tournament rewards
Guild Vendor items
InspectEquip also works with Examiner and includes support for cached Examiner characters.
Please report bugs and missing items in the ticket system or leave a comment on this page.
If you want to contribute a translation, please visit the Localization page. Thank you!
WoW 6.x/Warlords of Draenor support:
The latest version of this addon is compatible with WoW 6.0. Please note that the dungeon and raid drops are updated automatically via the Encounter Journal (i.e. they should be available immediately when a new WoW patch is released). Other data, such as vendor or crafted items, still require an addon update.
- Fix Lua error that occured on patch 6.0
- Update item database
- Updated for WoW 5.2
- Updated item database
- Improvements to the inspect panel - thanks eridius!
- Added missing 5.1 items
- Fix missing head enchant warning (thanks eridius!)
- Support for upgraded items (thanks eridius!)
- Updated for WoW 5.0
- Encouter Journal integration has been updated and should now be more reliable. Hopefully no more missing dungeon/raid items!
- Please note that vendor prices have not yet been updated. An update including new Mists of Pandaria items and prices will be released later.
- Fixed a bug where items were sometimes not displayed in the inspect panel - big thanks to LaoTseu for finding and fixing this bug!
- Updated for Patch 4.3
- Large parts of the addon were rewritten
- Completely new and updated database, including:
- Items from Dragon Soul and the new 5 man dungeons
- The new Darkmoon Faire items
- Guild Vendor items
- Up to date Justice/Valor/Honor/Conquest items
- New crafted items
- Molten Front items
- Legendary items
- ... and more
- Additionally, a local database is now created the first time the addon is loaded
- This database contains raid drops as listed in the Encouter Journal
- It is automatically updated with every new WoW patch and can also be manually be recreated in the addon options
- The way the item database works has changed
- It now lists the exact source of the items
- For example, T-set items are listed as vendor items with their cost, e.g. tokens and/or points
- For each of the required items (e.g. tokens, lower versions of the same item), their source is also listed in the item tooltip (e.g. raid drop)
- This makes the item source information more accurate and also supports upgraded heroic items etc.
- Also, only ways the item can be obtained in the current patch are listed. For e
- Added a first version of a local database:
- This database is created using information from the Encounter Journal
- It will be (re)created when the client or addon are updated
- It can also be manually recreated using a button in the configuration
- Currently, a few sources are displayed twice. This will be fixed in a later release.
- Added T13 items
- Added an option to limit the number of sources displayed in tooltips
- Compatible with Patch 4.3
- Note: The item database is up to date as of Patch 4.2. Items from Patch 4.3 will be added soon!
- Completely new item database
- Added many missing items
- Detailed source information now displayed in tooltips, especially item cost (tokens, points etc.)
- Categories restructured
Please test this beta version and report any bugs or missing items on the InspectEquip page at WoWInterface, Curse or WowAce. Thanks!
- Updated for Patch 4.2
- Added Firelands raid items
- Added new crafted items
- Added Avengers of Hyjal reputation rewards
- Added new daily quest reputation rewards
- Added Season 10 items
- Some items such as the new Valor Point rewards are still missing and will be added in the next update
- Updated for Patch 4.1
- Includes new Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman items
- Added many Cataclysm items, including:
- Items from all the new dungeons (normal and heroic)
- New raid items (all normal mode items, some heroic items)
- New Valor/Justice Point items
- New crafted items (including Archaeology)
- New reputation rewards
- Reforged items are now marked with [R] in the equip list. If you want to see what stats were reforged, please check out my new addon ReforgedTooltip, which will add exactly that information to the item tooltips :)
- Fix error when closing the equip panel, thanks Latira and GameFAQsRolo!
- Fix when using mouseover inspect with Examiner. Although the target needs to be directly under the mouse for a short time until all data is available, or the equip list can't be updated.
- Updated for WoW 4.0.1
- Fixed source information being added twice to recipe tooltips
- Updated LibBabble for Ruby Sanctum translations
- Added Ruby Sanctum loot
- Added level 80 Lord Ahune loot (Midsummer Fire Festival event boss)
- Added Lich King loot (ICC 10/25)
- Added Season 8 items
- Added new Wintergrasp items
- Added option to show average item level (enabled by default) - thanks Armagone!
- Added T3 items - thanks yoshimo!
- Added Emblem of Frost prices
- Added revered + exalted Ashen Verdict rings
- Added the new Kirin Tor rings
- Merry christmas and a happy new year! :)
- 294 new Icecrown Citadel items (both 10 man and 25 man, normal and heroic)! Should be complete now (except for the Lich King).
- Fix: Correctly use sub categories for emblems that are not in the item cache
- Updated for Patch 3.3 with lots of new items:
- Many Icecrown Citadel items
- Items from the new 5 man dungeons (The Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron and Halls of Reflection)
- T10 items
- Emblem of Frost rewards
- Ashen Verdict reputation rewards
- New crafted items
- Added more Onyxia loot
- Added option to disable the equipment panel when inspecting other players
- Added option to change the tooltip text color
- Now compatible with the addon "Links"
- Item source information is now also added to comparison tooltips
- Added Brewfest 2009 items
- Added known Onyxia level 80 loot (more will be added once known)
- Fixed: Missing gems in tooltips
- Fixed: InspectEquip panel will now auto-hide when the equipment manager is open
- Fixed: Now compatible with Outfitter
- Added option to show item levels in the equipment list (enabled by default)
- Added missing Vault of Archavon loot
- Added boss information for Trial of the Champion (5-man) loot
- Added missing S6 item
- Added Alterac Valley insignias
- Updated Emblem prices + added a few items that are now sold for emblems as well
- Added complete loot list for Trial of the Crusader, including hard modes
- Added missing Ulduar hard mode items
- Added new crafted items
- Added Emblem prices for the ilvl 232 T9 items
- Reclassified T9 items. They are now categorized as follows:
ilvl 232: Emblem of Triumph reward
ilvl 245: Trial of the Crusader-25
ilvl 258: Trial of the Crusader-25 (Heroic)
- Fixed difficulty display for Trial of the Crusader
- Translations updated
- Updated for Patch 3.2
- Added Trial of the Champion/Crusader/Grand Crusader items from PTR
- Added T9 sets
- Added Season 7 items
- Added Emblem of Triumph rewards
- Added new Argent Tournament rewards
- Added new Wintergrasp rewards
- Added some missing trash drops, mostly from low-level dungeons
- Updated for the new raid difficulties (10, 10-heroic, 25, 25-heroic)
- New: Option to also attach the InspectEquip panel to the character window
- New: Option to mark unenchanted items
- New: Items that drop from hard mode encounters (Ulduar + Obsidian Sanctum) will now have that information in the tooltip
- Database update with new Algalon-25 items and missing Medallion of the Alliance/Horde items
- Database update including Algalon loot
- Added frFR localization, thanks polluxtroy3758!
- T7/T8 set names renamed to T7.0/T7.5 and T8.0/T8.5
- Database update including new Ulduar and Season 6 items (and T8 boss info)
- Added the Kirin Tor rings sold in Dalaran
- Support for the latest Examiner version (including real cache support)
- Set names for T7 and T8 split into T7 (10), T7 (25), T8 (10), T8 (25)
- Localizations updated, thanks everyone!
- Database update: 204 new items including:
- Arena Season 6 items
- Emalon the Storm Watcher loot
- New crafted items
- New Wintergrasp items
- Updated item sources for PvP items
- Added boss information for some T8 items
- Added more Ulduar items
- Updated Emblem of Conquest item prices
- Fixed support for Examiner keybindings (for the latest Examiner release, 09.04.18)
- Added many Ulduar items from the MMO-Champion lists. More items will be added when more information becomes available.
- Added all T8 items, though no detailled drop information (bosses) is available so far
- Added Emblem of Conquest items
- Added Argent Tournament rewards
- Added Darkmoon Cards
- Added a few missing Eye of Eternity + Obsidian Sanctum items
- Added options to disable tooltip information and unknown items
- Unknown items now also include pre-WotLK items
- Added profession information to crafted items
- Many new translations - thanks a9012456, Hemathio, laincat, launcelot, LigthSora, Sayclub, wowuicn!
- Compatible with Patch 3.1
- Items from heroic dungeons/raids are now seperated from the loot of the normal version of the same dungeon/raid
- Added a close button to the InspectEquip panel to hide it until inspecting another player
- Added boss information to all Naxxramas items
- Added Naxxramas trash loot
- Removed level 60 Naxxramas items
- Added Lake Wintergrasp items
- Added drop information for items from chests (Naxxramas: The Four Horsemen, Karazhan: Chess Event etc.)
- Added zhCN locale (thanks laincat!)
- Happy New Year! :)
- Added item source information to all tooltips. This includes the boss that drops the item for most dungeon/raid loot (boss information is currently missing for items that can drop from multiple bosses, notably most Naxxramas loot and loot from the Opera Event in Karazhan) or the item cost (currently only for badge/emblem rewards, PvP coming soon).
- Item database updated, should include some items that were previously missing
- Inscription items added (offhands)
- zhTW locale added (thanks launcelot!)
- Fix: Tooltips for cached Examiner entries will now correctly show enchants/gems
- Item database recreated
- Added world event loot: Scourge Invasion, Hallow's End, Brewfest
- Added WotLK dungeon + raid loot (including T7)
- Added Emblem of Heroism + Emblem of Valor rewards
- Added Season 5 items
- Fix: InspectEquip frame sometimes not shown when inspecting someone
- Compatible with latest Examiner (08.11.03)
- Improved support for the default inspect UI - IE now stays visible when viewing the PvP/talents tab of the inspect window
- Updated embedded libraries
- Display now updates when changing the target while the default inspect window is open
- Added items sold by Yrma (http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=25977), i.e. the sunwell exchange items
- Added simple detection of WotLK items by item level (temporary)
- Hopefully fixed the bug of the InspectEquip frame being shown after login
- Added reputation rewards