|Go to Page...|
== CustomEmotes 1.17 ==
by Wikwocket ([email protected])
Note: This AddOn is not currently being updated. It should still work overall (probably until Cataclysm changes a lot of things). Unfortunately I have not been playing WoW as regularly and I do not have the time to update my AddOns. If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]
This AddOn provides additional emotes and pull warnings. It was created due to my wife's and my desire to have many more emotes at our fingertips, especially some based on our favorite movies. We think you will enjoy delighting and harassing your friends and guildmates with such classic emotes as:
Wikwocket waves goodbye; have fun storming the castle!
Wikwocket is your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
Wikwocket has the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! Soon, he will lobbest the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards their foe, who, being naughty in their sight, shall snuff it.
Wikwocket is the prettiest member of the Fellowship.
Wikwocket thinks we'd better split up. We can do more damage that way.
And of course:
Wikwocket is never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you.
These macros can be activated through a small smiley-face button, which appears near the chatbox by default, but is freely draggable. Clicking it will open the menus of emotes and pull warnings. As you hover over each emote, a tooltip should appear to show you what the emote will look like, both with and without a target, since many emotes will use a target's name in the emote, for maximum amusement. (The mod is smart about target names and the player's gender, modifying emotes to fit). Emotes and pull warnings can also be used via chat commands using each emote's abbreviation, for example "/ce LudicrousSpeed" or "/ce IKnowKungFu". You can do a random emotes by category by using the category name, for example, "/ce spaceballs".
You can also make a macro for "/ce pull" which will use a random pull warning each time, such as "Stay on target! Stay on target!" or "Not in the face, Coilfang Guardian! Not in the face!" Pull warnings will be said in Say, Party, or Raid chat as applicable, or as a raid warning if you are a raid assist (You can use "/ce pullnormal" to only use Say/Party/Raid chat).
If the tooltips that display the text of each emote are not displaying, they can be toggled using "/ce tooltips". This is because the mod uses the default dropdown menu tooltip system, and those are only displayed if the setting Interface Options: Help: Beginner Tooltips is turned on. Using "/ce tooltips" toggles this setting. Use "/ce reset" to reset the button's position in the game window.
CustomEmotes has emotes and pulling macros from these sources:
- Austin Powers
- Bill and Ted's Adventures
- Blues Brothers
- Emperor's New Groove
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off
- Finding Nemo
- Galaxy Quest
- Get Smart
- Invader Zim
- Lord of the Rings
- Monty Python
- Mystery Men
- Naked Gun
- Office Space
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Princess Bride
- Robin Hood
- Star Trek
- Star Wars
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Tenacious D
- The Matrix
I hope you find this mod useful and entertaining. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!
Please contact me by email ([email protected]), PM, or by leaving comments on an AddOn site. This is much preferable to trying to contact me in-game.
=== Version history: ===
CustomEmotes 1.17 (WoW 3.3.0):
* Added emotes from Bill and Ted's Adventures. Most triumphant and non-heinous!
* Added more Spaceballs emotes. Adding these emotes is irreversible... like my raincoat!
* Added some general emotes. I remember you... in the mountains...
CustomEmotes 1.16 (WoW 3.1.2):
* Added emotes from UHF, the best movie ever about a public access cable channel, that by the way also stars Weird Al. Red snapper, very tasty!
* Enhanced many of the pull warnings.
CustomEmotes 1.15 (WoW 3.1.1):
* Added more Mystery Men emotes, since it really is the best movie ever. We've got a blind date with Destiny. And it looks like she's ordered the lobster.
* Also added a few more quotes for Batman and Office Space since they needed a few more. I'll get you another copy of that memo.
CustomEmotes 1.14 (WoW 3.1.1):
* Added emotes and pull warnings from Batman, GetSmart, and the Naked Gun series. Hey Look! It's Enrico Pallazzo!
CustomEmotes 1.13 (WoW 3.0.9):
* Added a few special emotes in the general category, along the lines of /me has melted the Ice Stone!
CustomEmotes 1.12 (WoW 3.0.3):
* Added "/ce reset" command to reset button position.
* Fixed bug in "/ce tooltips" command.
* Fixed a few small typos in emotes.
CustomEmotes 1.11 (WoW 3.0.3):
* Added emotes from Emperor's New Groove.
* Updated many emotes to use "him" or "her" instead of "them" when referring to the player as a direct object.
CustomEmotes 1.10 (WoW 3.0.3):
* Added emotes from Invader Zim and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
* Split Monty Python category into 2 dropdowns since it was so large.
CustomEmotes 1.9 (WoW 3.0.2):
* Added a new command, "/ce pullnormal" which does a pull warning, but does not use raid warning mode, just party/raid chat.
* Updated pull warnings to be prefixed with "<Pull incoming!>" if they are not sent using raid warning, to help distinguish them from normal chat.
* Fixed a bug that broke some slash commands.
* Note that until patch 3.0.3, CustomEmotes may cause UI taint or dropdown menu errors. This is due to a confirmed bug in WoW's UI, mentioned in reply #1 of this thread: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11676470259
CustomEmotes 1.8 (WoW 3.0.2):
* Added emotes from Scooby Doo and the online web series The Guild. No relation.
* Updated the mod for Wrath of the Lich King, fixing the icon display error and the dropdown menu error.
* Added the command "/ce tooltips" in case the tooltips weren't displaying. This uses the setting Interface Options: Help: Beginner Tooltips, which also controls whether dropdown menu tooltips are displayed.
CustomEmotes 1.7 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Added emotes from the Austin Powers movies.
* Added the ability to do a random emote by category, using the category name, as in "/ce ghostbusters".
CustomEmotes 1.6 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Added emotes from Airplane, Clue, Galaxy Quest, and Labrynth. These are niche movies, but classics!
* Fixed a few typos.
CustomEmotes 1.5 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Added Star Trek emotes.
* Added emotes from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, another classic movie you should go watch right now.
* Fixed bug in how plural possive pronouns were added ("his" and "hers").
CustomEmotes 1.4 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Added X-Files emotes.
* Updated many emotes to use "his" or "her" instead of "their" when referring to the player.
* Fixed Mystery Men emotes category. By the way, this is the best movie ever, go watch it.
CustomEmotes 1.3 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Changed pull warnings: now will use raid warnings if in a party, or if you are a raid assist.
* Added emotes from The Blues Brothers and Finding Nemo.
CustomEmotes 1.2 (WoW 2.4.3):
* Initial public release.