"Xtoq has my consent to continue my mod. I'm really happy he's doing so too, because some people seem to like it.
Gave up on WoW a bit ago, doubt I'll be back, good to see the mods were well liked though. If anyone wishes to pick up and maintain any of my other mods, feel free!" - Vagrant
I don't really know much about lua, so anything that needs to be fixed I may or may not be able to fix it. Feel free to post in the comments.
Thanks to Quagm1re for the Inscription bag fix. I spent 2 hours trying to rewrite the damned thing, then saw he posted the fix on the comments. Thanks a lot!
* Updated LibDataBroker
* Updated ToC to 3.3
* Updated to include inscription bags
The screenshot will tell you most of what you'll need to know about this plugin, but basically it's all about bag information (free slots, taken slots, that kind of thing).
Left-Click toggles just your backpack open/closed
Right-Click toggles the backpack and all bags open/closed.
Alt + Left-Click toggles between showing free slots/taken slots.
Alt + Right-Click toggles whether the bag count should be coloured or not.
Shift + Left-Click toggles counting class bags in the overall count display.
Shift + Right-Click toggles whether class bags should have their own, separate count.
Control + Left-Click toggles counting profession bags in the overall count display.
Control + Right-Click toggles whether profession bags should have their own, separate count.
Separate Counts: You may be wondering why this is important, but basically it allows you to show your ammo pouch/soul shard bag, or profession bags separately from the main count.
Take a look at the screenshot to see an example of this; the first count (with the standard backpack icon) is all bags - not counting class or profession bags into that count, the second count is soul shards (accompanied by the icon of the soul shards bag), and the third count is enchanting (accompanied by the icon of the enchanting bag). These are added dynamically, so if you have more than one profession bag they'll be added in the same fashion, one after the other.
So if you like, Bagsy can cover all of your bag-count display needs. It's bagnificent! (I <3 bad puns.)
Important Note: Some bag mods work differently, so you'll have to test to find out whether you should be left-clicking or right-clicking to open your bags.
What is DataBroker?
DataBroker is part of a system that's similar to FuBar and its plugins, what you have here is a plugin but you'll also need something to display the output of the plugin. You have many options for this, and I've listed a number of them below for your perusal, just pick the one that interests you the most.
If you want further information, that nice feller tekkub has put together some information on his wiki. And it's good information too, information that you should probably read if you're just getting into DataBroker plugins. (Not to mention that poor old tek puts these pages together and not many people seem to read them, so I thought I'd do my part to help remedy that situation. )
- Updated ToC to 4.0. I have no issues with this addon, and haven't heard any complaints, so I assume things are fine...?
- Updated LibDataBroker
- Updated ToC to 3.3
- Updated to include inscription bags
- 1.1 introduced a click bug. I think this was due to some reverted code, basically stuff I had changed that I either undid by accident or didn't save. This is why it took me so long to spot it. This should guarantee that the clicking will work again, if not I'll just revert to the click-code I had in 1.0 from the archive. Here's hoping.
- Again, drycoded. You all know why by now though, sorry about that!
- I adjusted the alignment of the secondary icons (class/profession), they were actually too far down (see the screenshot) and it was so very irritating! So I've corrected them, they should now be aligned with the first icon.
- There was an issue with the sentences, this was amazingly minor but I had to fix it. There was a point where it would say something like "Not included in the count, and shown separately.", but instead it should be "Not included in the count, shown separately." or "Included in the count, and shown separately." See the screenshot to see what I'm talking about here, it was a minor grammatical error but I had to fix it. Yay for dynamically compiling sentences for tooltips!
2.4.3-1.0 (my coupe de gracie!)
- The click functions for toggling bags/backpack now work properly.
- A toggle has been added for whether or not counts should be coloured.
- Counts for different types of bags can now be separated (with neat little icons!), thaks to Frayol for that awesome idea.
- Did some general cleaning up, and obsessing over every last line of code!
- Not drycoded, this one's actually had all of its features tested (as the screenshot shows), huzzah!
- Thought I'd upload a quick fix for the default bags not toggling properly.
- More to come tomorrow!
- Drycoded, but should be okay (simple change).
- The original solution to trying to figure out how to deal with different bag mods didn't work, it was buggy and any fixes I might've had would've only been more complicated and I didn't want to bloat the mod like that. Thankfully, Frayol suggested a really simple and elegant solution that had just passed me by; left and right clicking for different types of bag mods. So that's in there now, thanks to Frayol.
- I've allowed some time for possible bug reports to come in, since I've had none I'm going to upgrade this from a test version to a standard one.
- I've hopefully got the toggle bag issue sorted out that rears its head with some bag mods.
- Drycoded. It'll be upgraded from test to a normal version after confirmation of the fix.
- Changed the backpack toggle to work with all bags instead, which really makes most sense. I did that originally with the thought in mind that everyone probably uses some form of bag mod or another, s'not the case though! So Bagsy now toggles all bags on click, which is much more useful to those without bag mods.
- Added options to include or disclude class bags (such as soul shard bags, ammo pouches, and things of the sort) and profession bags (such as herbalism bags, ore bags, enchanting bags, and the like) from the overall count.
- The colour has been removed from the toc name, as this caused issues with alphabetical categorisation.
- I've got a new direction with the tooltips, it took me a while to decide on this. It was discussed with a few people too and it was generally and mutually decided that the new direction I'm taking them in is better. So this is the New Unification of Tooltip Styles for my plugins. NUTS v1! I'm pretty much going to model all my DataBroker plugins after this layout, to try to keep them as easy to understand at a glance as possible. The basic idea is: Keybinds at the bottom, the most important information at the top, and all the straggler-lines cushioned in the middle. Credit where credit is due, too; this all started because of a suggestion by Nyte, so kudos for Nyte for giving me reason to think about all this! This is far too long for a changelog update, I know... but necessary!
- I've corrected the toc-version, I am scared and confused by toc-versions.